RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah, autopit on mod tracks isn't that reliable :(

Although we were once again limited to a small grid of only 4 drivers, it was a pretty fun event - I went with the c30 this week (maybe something else next week, I'll settle for one car when a skinpack comes ;D)

Qualified 2nd after screwing up T1 in my hotlap, I started okay but was still passed by Dennis' BMW and in P3 for one (or two?) laps until I managed to pass. Now at about 4secs behind Kacper, I could hold that gap, but barely gain time on him - at least not until the tyres were beginning to wear which had more effect on the BMWs. First gaining tenths, I was soon a second faster per lap and could make the pass when Kacper spun out in T1. Managed to hold and widen the distance and endangered it with a crash into the first chicane somewhere around lap 16 or 17.
I did stay in front, however, and although my tyres were now wearing down harder as well, I was gaining more and more time on Kacper who was in serious problems with his or whatever was left of them ;)

Thanks for racing!

/edit: @Dennis Phelan, maybe this could produce some candidates for a new graphic card? http://www.logicalincrements.com :)

Last edited:
With the Beemer again, looks like I'm slowly getting a handle on it. My times are very close to Honda or other car now.

The LAUNCH got me to T1 cleanly and tried to maintain a good pace but my prowess came to the front and as tires ground away I slowed and slooowed getting to the point where the car needed special care but I stuck with it to find out how bad it gets without a stop.

The car and I need more time together but we're past fighting each other [ I think] and ready to move onto a bit more speed :)

Not enforced (yet) :) Come join us!

Nah, i'm against 80 minutes format, always have been and always will. It isn't really a fun format, it's endurance... 40 minutes with Mini, that sounds fun, 80 minutes, that sounds like work.. I already did PrestoGP race on wednesday, hour in wet Shanghai with F3000, that enough serious racing for me.. I'm actually 100% sure we would have a lot lot more participants with shorter format but "it's always been like this" is the chosen modus operandi. As a matter of fact, i could get ten drivers to join weekly if it was shorter races. My quote of that "sign ups on thursday" was a sign of "what, you have maybe 5 drivers each week and your gonna make it even more hard to join.. nice decisions..."

Phew. I like battles. I like close racing. I really do! But for 60minutes straight - oh boy, that was exhausting!

First things first - Qualified 3rd (out of only 5 drivers :() with a sub-par lap compared to practice results, but managed to pass both Bob and Dinca in front of me at/after the start.
However, Arunas started well, too and was clinging to my bumper waiting to make the pass a few km's later. What followed was a leeeengthy but great battle as I was hunting him, almost never getting more than 2secs get between us, but I couldn't quite make the pass.
After falling 'back' to 2.5secs due to a smallish error in chicane #1, I went in for a kind of early pit (at about 34mins in) and managed to pass Arunas during his pit one lap later. It wasn't meant for long, though, as another error on my side gave him the opportunity to pass again.
After one stressful hour, he missed his brake point to T1 and I could claim P1 with a small gap behind me - which went bigger as Arunas miscalculated his fuel and had to pit a second time while I could carry on and recover a bit :D

Great race, thanks for driving everyone!

Qualified at a "safe" speed.

I failed to get my car completely setup and a simple "too much steering lock" made every lap a real experience. I came to grips with it but sometimes it got the best of me. No serious damage though and I could press on to finish. Watching my tire wear I could see the car might still be handling well at the end if I didn't get new ones so, off to the finish line we go on just one set of tires. Lapped by everyone but still in one piece and a good experience on used up tires.

Thanks to Dinca, Bob, Bjorn and Arunas for the race!

Oh man sorry for that nasty accident..in first part of the lap...Even at 50% damage the car was trashed since it rolled after colision...Limped to pits for fix but the car still didnt perform right and i could still see damage indicator been red so i tried for some laps and it was a disaster...the tiries wear was so huge that after 4 laps it felt like on ice..dont know what was happening but i decided to pit out of the race.Thanks Dennis for this event and grats to all 4 :)

80 minutes of time trial. Pushed every lap and made lots of mistakes so had to pit 3 times, but did manage to beat my quali time I think.
Congratulations Bjorn.

@Kennett Ylitalo you used to do the mini Fridays every week a few years ago when the grids were full and people had to go on waiting list.

Yup, i was among the classic Mini Friday crew, so to speak. It was really fun then. Didn't like the length then either, one of the reasons i stopped. Just didn't fit to what i think a good friday fun is, more than one race had to do extra long pit stops just to get a chance to go to the bathroom (we did drink beer back then... ;) ) I can remember just escing out from few races out of boredom, so i stopped. 40 minutes races sounds a lot more like friday than 80 minutes. The latter is more league/endurance.

Yup, i was among the classic Mini Friday crew, so to speak. It was really fun then. Didn't like the length then either, one of the reasons i stopped. Just didn't fit to what i think a good friday fun is, more than one race had tou do extra long pit stops just to get a chance to go to the bathroom (we did drink beer back then... ;) ) I can remember just escing out from few races out of boredom, so i stopped. 40 minutes races sounds a lot more like friday than 80 minutes. The latter is more league/endurance.

I can see why people don't like driving in races that long for just a "club" race but they have proven to be the most popular event of the week for almost a year now! Can't argue with facts my friend ;)

Needless to say, Dennis does like to keep things fresh so no doubt a change is in the wind :)

499181GTClubflyer.png

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
Car: GT Club
Track: Adelaide [download here]
Weather: Dry
Games: Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
Please note the change in times