RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What can I say, yesterday race was the first online event (excludind time trial at Saponaro) for me in coming back to simracing after very long brake, so basicly the thing I was worried about the most was to not screw up someone elses race with some unpredictable behaviour on track.
Race one was quite uneventful, as I was obviously starting from the back of the grid (though two drivers didn't run their qual session, so I was not the last one). I slightly missed the green and probably suprised the guy behind me. Eventually I got +1 lap from nearly all the participants, which was to be expected on such short and difficult track.

Race two was much more stresfull as I had all the grid behind me and as I expected I couldn't resist the pressure for long time and bailed out one of the first turns (but luckily I dind't cause a major crash on T1). Later I had some very enjoyable racing with Janko, I guess it had to be very frustrating for him, as he was clearly faster then me, but I managed to maintain position for a few laps. Unfortunately I screwed up a turn and once again I was the last one, and soon after this I got +1 lap.

Congrats for podiums, thanks to all of you for good fun, thanks to Dennis for organisation of the event. I'm sure I will race more often with you guys.

It's a "mini-maybe" ;)

EDIT
Uh-oh. Likely won't make it.
Story time: With my current PC over 4 years old (and both the case and PSU weighing in at 8 years), I decided to go for a pretty good offer and ordered a new one yesterday. Apparently, the current one noticed and/or I ordered at the exact right time - a mere hour afterwards, I planned to do some offline laps at Nords (because why not? ;)) and the whole PC crashed with the "AMD Northbridge" being the culprit according to the Event Log - not exactly good news.
Tried updating, BIOS, drivers, etc, but to no avail - I actually didn't try any other tracks, but with the Northbridge involved, that doesn't quite seem like a possible solution/explanation.
Soooo.. if I can't fix it up this afternoon, I'm likely out of racing (interestingly enough, normal Windows usage works just fine) until at least the weekend/whenever the new machine arrives.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Last edited:
Well I feel terrible about all that :(

Everything is good and jolly, then my computer quits to desktop and updates! So I restart, and try to get Race 07 going to join. Only problem is that it says it is already running! This is resolved, but I am a minute late. Luckily, I talk with David on team speak who kind enough to restart it so I can get in! Then the game crashes to desktop just as we go into warm up :(:mad:

So sorry for making you guys go through all that only to have the game crash on me :cry:

I confirm, there were some bugs. First my car was stuck on the same position on the grid with Arunas' car. Then, I got blue flag when he was behind me even though we were on the same lap. After few laps only three of us remain on the track. I got some very nice racing with Andreas, although it sometimes looked as if he was waiting for me on purpose, when he got ahead too far :). After close fight i got some strange freeze, which bailed me out of the track, when I came back i was the last one. After 15 laps I drove off to pit stop for refuel and change of tyres. I thought that there will be 30 laps of the race, but it turned out that the server was set up different. Shortly after pitting I got +1 lap from Arunas. On the last lap I spinned and was almost overtaken by Andreas, but luckily I managed to finish only slightly ahead of him as second.
It's a pity that so few drivers made it, it's a fun track in this old BMW. Thank you all for good fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back