RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am really sorry with what i did...i messed up with the break pedal ...never did that before i promess...thx to everry one for this race, thanks to Dennis and RD, and thanks to The Team GG for this event. Rod, i'm sure will shout at me, but it was a great pleasure to drive for him with you ;) Rip Rod i will do it better next time ;)

Love Spa and when I saw that the grid was full and 2 reserves I wasn't expecting to race tonight.

First time in an Alfa and boy do they like to get the back out when off throttle (all FWD do , but this one is crazy). Managed to put in some laps and tweak a stable setup that I could have confidence in Eau Rouge.

Q: not so good, messed up in 2 corners and finished 3'rd, below my expectations after P1.

Race: Managed a good start and I got the lead by the 1'st corner.
After trying to put a gap between the rest of the pack , I made a stupid mistake and the tail happy car spun me. I was back in 7 or 8 and by the time i pited got a few places back.
After the pit stop some fights back trough the pack and a very nice fight with Justin.
Finished P1, even tough I didn't know Rodolphe tonights tribute was a good one IMO. RIP

See you all next time.

(TeamGG) Tribute
First, a thank you to Sébastien Poidevin for coming to me about running this tribulte for Rodolphe Morin. Clearly a loved man by the turnout for his "lap". I was glad to help though I didn't follow all of Sébastien 's wishes as I wanted to keep it also in the spirit of RD Club events. Glad also to see the drivers from within the club come out for the event. So nice to have a full grid!

Second I have to say "I'm sorry" for putting a setup online that was nothing more than a default car. I have no idea where that came from, for me it was undriveable. I spent more than an hour on it so I could survive the tough conditions this track offers.

I hesitated to try the car for all it was worth during the qualifying session figuring better to put a lap in than a big 00:00.000 and it still worked out well.

And the race, my race, went very well! A start from the inside, where I stayed through T1 worked well and I felt the car out again as it seemed that thefirst laps in it were the toughest. On L2 through Au rouge I did not push the car and two behind me caught me at the end of the straight. In giving way I spun of course and spent the next ten minutes fighting to get back behind Roy M. As drivers pitted I did find myself challenging Roy and stuck with him till he pitted. He came out slightly ahead but I closed hard on him as he made mistakes. All was good till I tapped him and lost a bit but had time to get it back before the end, I didn't get enough to pass him but enough for both of us to have had a great race!

I loved it! Racing seemed to be VERY CLEAN and so happy everyone got to have a good race event.

I feel very honored to be involved in this tribute race tonight. You could see a lot of effort went into the warm up lap, very special to watch. Hope nobody minds I put this video together.

The race was very enjoyable for me, start was clean into T1. Kamel straight was gonna be tough on the brakes for people. I got tapped which made me tap the car in front. After that there was some good racing, even at the back there was a fair bit of action. First 8 laps flew by. After pitting, I came out in 15th had a good race with Pawel Pilea for 14th place to the end. Really great to have so many drivers on the grid. I would like to do it again soon. Thanks Dennis.

Did not have any practice prior to joining the server with the track/car combo and I was frustrated with my previous performances of either finishing towards the back or not even finishing at all. Qualified third out of seven, and had an interesting start. I don't think any of in the top three had a superb start, so it is not like I was in that boat alone. Had some fun racing with nearly everyone int he first lap before everything settled down.

When the pit stops were approaching, I was in third and knew I could hold it if I was consistent. I wanted to catch Justin and Andreas, but they kept pulling away. changed only my right sides on the pits and jumped ahead of Justin. He got by me, but it was tough. Had a lot of fun racing against him, and even had fun when I was alone because this track is so darn fun and challenging. Brought it home in third which I am very happy with.

No notable incidents to speak of, but I do want to apologize to Justin if I did not allow him adequate space when he was coming off the pits. It was not my intention to stop your from rejoining, but I was sluggish at the time. Nice to see everyone finish this awesome event and I look forward to another awesome Mini Friday next week.

I had a fair car in the garage and time on track made it better for this race!

I blew the only qualifying lap I took and pedaled it home.

I got a fair launch and was surprised to find Hristo on my outside as he came from the last row, I thought I was last row!Slowly everyone pulled away as I continued with the best laps I could manage. After a poor braking episode at the chicane I pitted on strategy for two tires and was out quickly. Seems others had bad luck in the pits as I made a few places and tried to hold off Joe and Hristo. Joe got past once but I got back within a lap but he stayed close. I gave him breathing room, after all I knew he was faster than me. I ended a bit out of position in the last part of the esses and Joe got cleanly by as I moved sand and scraped a tire wall. Hristo got by also and there as no coming back for me.:(

351411WTCC07flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
Track: Brands Hatch
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here