RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Asked a couple of times - seems you need to do some "behind the scenes" work on the startlight object.

I've got used to using the "cockpit lights" now and sorta just ignore the others (treat them as track eye-candy) would be nice to get them sorted out though

Kiwidemon

Was there actually anyone who didnt bite the concrete at the chicane over the course of the night?? I know i got it a few times, and was surprised there werent a heap more pile-ups around the place. As for the start-lights - yeah it's a bugger,but I'm not technical enough to do the required editing to sort it out sorry...

Thanks to all who took part, Hugo for using a fictional track (I know most racers dont like them too much) and of course the RD guys fro the server that allowed us to run at Thunder Forest.

Cheers,
Chris
"Kiwidemon"

i hit the chicane a few time in practice & managed to stay of it in the races bar the odd little scrape. and it was nice not to have a big pile up there. i think you got the chicane spot on, you get a huge buzz getting it right and its not certain death if oyu get a bit wrong.

you`ve got a great amagination to be able to create such a nice track & sod the people who don`t like fantasy tracks :D

keep up the good work :cool:

thankx remco,
have a nice holiday, lots of sun, drinks and relaxcation
greetz

Its gonna be pretty much as you said here :D

Ok, I've updated the skins which are provided at the moment, skin post is updated and the skinpack also. Hugo will take care of the rest to complete the skinpack and will make it available for download ;)

I will be online a few times tomorrow before my trip begins in the evening, but already wanted to say to you guys...
Have a great race, have fun and enjoy :)

I will drink a few beers on you when its raceday!!

Mr Chris, you made super track and i loved it. And YES, i ruined my car in the chicane in the second race. Jakob and i tried to take it both at the same time and i can tell you, that won't work ;)

Real track or not, if its a good one, ill take it :D

Glad you guys liked the track.......what can I say!

You guys are LEGENDS, I've done countless laps around Thunder Forest during development (although i never played with setups) and you guys still blew me off like a caterpillar in a hurricane!!!

I had a couple of good battles over the event - came off second best on most of em - but hey winnin aint everything right, was great fun.

Was there actually anyone who didnt bite the concrete at the chicane over the course of the night?? I know i got it a few times, and was surprised there werent a heap more pile-ups around the place. As for the start-lights - yeah it's a bugger,but I'm not technical enough to do the required editing to sort it out sorry...

Thanks to all who took part, Hugo for using a fictional track (I know most racers dont like them too much) and of course the RD guys fro the server that allowed us to run at Thunder Forest.

Cheers,
Chris
"Kiwidemon"

Practice, qualifying and warm-up: My practice and quali times didn't compare to everyone else's in the manner I hoped they would, but I was pretty consistent around the track, so I decided it didn't matter. I did try some other setup options, and eventually discovered Brendan's setup lurking in the online files, so I decided to try it. Was too late to use it in quali, but in warm up, it got me a time better than my qual with a full tank of gas. Not bad, I decided.

Race 1: Started out pretty good. I fell to last place from 7th in the first lap and ended running in sixth for most of my race time. Got bumped from behind twice in a row on my last live lap...both drivers (I don't know who) stopped and let me continue...kudos there, definitely, golden rule or not. However, the second bump ended up giving me aero problems, and I gave myself two laps to fix it before pitting for repairs.

I pitted, and as they were sticking my new wing on the car, I lost connection. End of race.

I wasn't as immediately angry about this as you might think, even if it gives me an unenviable record of three DNFs in my last three races. At least it wasn't due to incompetence on my part. Larry has learned that he likes it better when he can blame his ISP.:)

Seriously, I was sort of expecting that, as we've been having disconnect problems over the last two days. As it is, at least it happened in the pits.

Overall, while my stint in the race was brief, I was happy: I kept sight of the cars in front of me until the impacts I mentioned, and even seemed to be gaining at various points. I really like these cars; hope I get a chance for a full race in them again soon.

Track wise: This track isn't as much raw fun as AMS, but it competes with it for being the most 'natural'. I was doing consistent laps practicing yesterday very, very quickly.

My sound went out during the warmup and I was going to see if I had it in the race.

R1: I had no sound but figured to give it a try. No tire squeal, no wheel lock, no sound from the motor. I tried to get around but over reving was just killing me and the motor. Too much extra to think about and contantly trying to keep a part of an eyeball on the tack on the right side of the screen. It didn't work. Stefan, You never touched me, no reason to wait on me.

R2: I thought I might have figured it out but sound was still out so I just pulled off.

10:48pm, I just got sound out of the speakers but I was on my [wireless]headset so maybe the battery was down in them. Once in a program, can't be switched.

Fun little cars.

Kind of a lonely night for me, as my usual competition (Larry) and they one I usually spend the night trying to catch up with (Dennis) both had technical issues tonight.

Race one I actually made a little ground at one point on Helder and Steve as they battled for a couple of laps, then caught myself gawking at Dennis and Stefan offtrack in the hairpin, and promptly went off myself, getting stuck for a moment behind the infield fence.

Second race was steady lapping, trying a few different lines and shift points - only one minor off this race, coming onto the straight: I was happy with the lead-lap finish.

P5 both races. WD Podium and thanks to Eric, Stefan, and Christopher.

I really enjoyed these two races, entered the last time [I think there's no problem] ...
Start of 1st race with no problems getting the 3rd position behind the Steve that was a problem because he was an admirable top speed and had very difficulty to overtake him and I think it just got a small error from him when I got the 2nd place had a tough battle from a distance with Yves could pull me to him and again took advantage of an opponent error.
In the 2nd race also there was no problems for me, and again a race very close and well played from beginning to end, throughout the race I had the company of Brendan and the beginning too from Yves that eventually go wrong leaving us alone, I behind Brendan and was so until the end because he defended himself very well in all my attempts to overtake and ended the race with the win and fastest lap.
Thanks for this race just eight drivers but it was fun and worth while!
Until the next! :)

As Helder said, very fun race. I started race 1 from pole but had a bad start and everyone seemed to pass me on lap 1 where I made some errors. My fight through the field was a bit sloppy and than Stefan made a mistake and bumped me off track but there was no damage so I was able to carry on and almost caught Steve although he seemed to pick up his pace in the final laps. In race 2 it was me, Yves and Helder fiercely battling and going back and forth for the first few laps until Yves went off on the banked turn 1. It was just me and Helder from then on with nothing between us so I had to defend heavily and was ultimately effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%