RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1.jpg

Full grid :), 25 cars at the start of the race.

2.jpg

Pole for Chris but a bad start cost him several places, me to P2 behind Hugo in front of Remco.

3.JPG

Already first corner dangerous situation, little tap from behind and with slight triught the first corner.

4.jpg

The one or other was maybe to aggrassive which result in a mass crash seond corner with maybe 10 cars.

5.jpg

The fight for P1 begun against Hugo ....

6.jpg

... we drove very similar times and it was hard to find an opportunity for an overtake...

7.JPG

...was several times beside him but on outside line Hugo got the better exit and stay in front...

8.JPG

...it comes closer and closer but still enought space for each other...

9.JPG

..then Hugo miss a bit the entry of first corner and i could slip trought inside...

10.jpg
About 14 sec in front at the end lie a bit because till 3/4 of the race the gap was only 2-3 sec to Hugo. Maybe my tyres (medium, medium for the whole race) had a better live then Hugo´s soft (front) - medium (rear) combination at the end.

Also all which i lapped was very attentive, specially as i was fighting for every tenth with Hugo, everybody made instantly and very well room, so thanks all which participate, it was great racing on a very nice flowing track. :thumb:

:thanks: Hugo for the event.

Tuff tuff track. I knew coming in that this would be a real test to just keep the fenders on it and no suspension damage in the race.

I had a solid top 10 practice time.

Went to Quali and broke the car in T1 of my hotlap.....Grid DFL and thinking I should just not race now.

I man up for race 1 and actually have a very fun time albeit it was work work work! I finish in 10th I believe gaining 14 spots.

R2 I get a good start getting up to 8th by T1 but being cautious I get bumped around a bit and resume in 10th. I run out the laps and pit one lap lateer than most trying to get down a quick lap whikle I am free.

I resume in 7th and pick up one spot on a late stop from someone and the cahse is on fromn there. Dan allinson tracks me down and I defend with 7 minutes remaining. At times I hold a good defensive line and other times I am only on track beacause of the armco! LOL

Dan plays very patiently with me til I finally make the unasisted off he had waited for and get shuffeld to 9th after Ehrling goes through with another driver.

It the last lap and I am within .2 of Ehrling and Dan and the no name driver. We come out of the tunnel and I brake late to try and stay with them incase there is an off and I can f=gain back. I slide down the inside locked up and hit Ehrling in the rear as he strats the turn in for the chicane.

I wait and he resumes but is out of the fight for 6th/7th.

I come home 9th.

Sorry about the off Ehrling! Wasn;t trying to [pass but keep up with you guys actually.

Cheers guys I enjoyed the racing and thought the Euro Club was very well behaved in this event considering the beastly nature of the circuit!

til next time!

Ciao

As I will go on vacation this weekend for 2 weeks I will miss this event. Hugo will take over the event from me so you guys dont have to worry, event will run as scheduled :)

Skins will be delayed till tomorrow, they will be updated before i leave town ;)

Practice server will be up in a few hours....

If you didn't race this event you screwed yourself plain and simple!

The 4 of us had one of the most memorable races since I joined RD!

Vid to follow when I return but it was simply outstanding!!!!!!!!!

So go ask yourself "what was I doing" when these guys were beating each others brains out and never wrecking anyone at anytime?

hope it was memorable...................:rolleyes:

Make sure you look at POST # 15 from Michael!

It reveals the hidden barrier on the track!!!!!!

you've been notified..............LOL

I am on vacation so if you have any server issues then PM Christopher Aponte or Ryan Callan or Dave Stephenson tio get a server going.... they are aware of my absence and should give you servers but just in case..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%