RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, I joined with only 27 minutes to practice without any prior testing with the Minis here :cool:. I was fast right off the bat, but we had a ton of fast guys in this one so I feared my place as top dog was in jeopardy :unsure:. snatched pole, which I think means I have gotten pole for everything this week :D! Had a lot of close fighting for the early half of the race, which was awesome, but after time in the pits, I pulled out a big gap :ninja:. However, Radek was closing as it was scary! But I still won :sick:!

Oh, and also I would have gotten there much earlier to practice, but my french chief engineer (Simon) and I got a little back tracked... He insists upon calling me Josef :p

Disclaimer: I am not Josef, and I do not have a French engineer. These are two IndyCar drivers, but I thought this would be funny to post :laugh:

BsSoji4CQAAQ2iP.jpg:large

I really enjoyed that. Had a good battle with Sam after both of us had hit trouble, and I was a bit sad when he crashed late on because we were shaping up to resume it late on.

Got caught out by the right hand side tyres wearing quicker than the others which caused a spin (then the reverse once I'd changed them), but I managed to keep it out of the wall, so I'm pleased with that. Now to work on my speed...

Second race with RaceDepartment today running the very fun minis. A terrible qualify saw me placed on the starting grid in 14th place. Started a little sloppy but managed to make my way into 12th thru 5 and 6. Had slipped into 11th thru turn 8 when someone else went wide. Got tapped coming to 12 sending me spinning. Was going to have to pit but as rejoining the track got clipped ripping off the front of the car. For my second appearance race over on lap 2, not exactly how I wanted the day to go...again.

As this is only my second appearance at Race Department I tried not to get steamed about the contact but after review well. I'm new here and don't want to ruffle any feathers so some comments would be welcome.

@Robert Covey
Consider a 24 hour cooling off period and then:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/penalties-incident-reporting.50151/

Club racing is just for fun but it's not fun when you've been taken advantage of. We expect all drivers to know the rules:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rules.10978/
and abide by them. Mistakes are made, accidents happen but careless and aggressive driving are not welcome here.

@Sam Hill , understeer is easily taken out of a Mini :D

Thanks for the response Dennis. I appologize if I should not have posted it here as I said don't want to ruffle feathers. I wasn't actually looking to make a report more trying to evaluate if it was something I should be steamed about or if its just one of those things that happens when racing. Still fairly new to sim racing and edicate.

@Robert Covey , I understand. It's good to bring this up with so many newer drivers coming around. Many times a knock off the racing line or the track get's away with a "sorry" or, "I didn't know I hit you so hard" and that's bad. The rule to wait is to keep people from becoming to hard driving in a fun event. Better a 10 second wait and a loss of a few places than to have a trip to "Simberia" for 7 days or more. The real benefit is that a driver, instead of creating a situation should be choosing carefully and letting the other slower driver make a mistake to gain the position giving both a chance to "fight"!

I'm not saying don't race! I'm saying, "If you choose to race hard, be ready to be the man when it gets out of control. That's whether it was accidental or by being too aggressive.

Note also that the 24 hour cool off gives you a chance to PM/chat with the other driver about it so that he knowswhat happened. If it can't be worked out, Report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%