RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a brilliant and scary circuit. Shame it's a shopping mall now. It's like all the best and fastest bits of Sonoma with a banked oval at the end!

I gradually got quicker in the short amount of practice time I had, and got to the very low 1:20's, good for 7th.

Very surprised to make it through the first corners unscathed in both races. For much of the first race I was following the battle between @Arunas and @Aaron Channer with @Wayne Mitten following closely behind. Aurn and Aaron eventually had a coming together and I snuck past where I remained for the rest of the race to bring it home 4th, which I was very happy with.

The second race wasn't so good. I started well, but a couple of mistakes in the first proper braking zone saw me slip back. This time I spent several laps behind Wayne. I knew I was faster through the first turn and the first proper braking zone but it's so narrow and fast I couldn't find a way by, and my 6th gear way too short to gain on the back straight. I got by in the end with a massive lunge down the outside of the kink before the first main braking zone and up the inside through the right hander. But threw it away the next lap round going wide at turn 1, hitting a bump and 2 wheel stunt driving it for several meters. Ended up 7th.

Another great evening or racing as always, and congrats to the winners and podium standers. I'll see you next week as I'm away at the Autosport International show tomorrow and Friday.

..........I'm in... I like legends !
upload_2015-1-7_16-58-0.png

What a great track, and exceptional driving and passing by the quicker guys. Still have a lot to learn about defending under pressure and following cars through the fast sections. I must admit I really thought there would be a lot more incidents through the fast corners but the guys were clean and understood the dangers of forcing passes.
Thanks guys and a brilliant nights racing. "Viva Race 07" and all behind the scene.

OK, @Arunas was pressing me hard, he's quicker than me you know :redface: but I was ahead and wanted to stay there. Being careful to hold my line made life difficult for him in most places and I could always keep him at bay to through T7, the entrance to the straight. There he might close a bit or not depending on how we both got out of the corner, I thought I could get power down nicely there most of the time. At times it came down to braking for T9, the big bowl. I never really push my brake points until I need to in the race and Arunas was making me push them further back on every lap. I went too farone time and got into a "situation". I mentioned on TS in R1 that I had a splendidly good car as far as handling went, faster thane I was and very forgiving. Unfortunately, I had the mic muted and no one heard it so I repeated it again at the end of R2. It really was fantastic but it couldn't stop me from putting on the brakes too late :cry: and so I had to scramble to get the car in shape, back down the banking and onto line. I believe Arunas was trying to take advantage of my "oopsies" and managed to tag me :unsure: for which I am sorry and hope no damage was done.

In another attempt to drive my best at T6, the end of the esses I had once again pushed the brake point past where I had knowledge and being a very tricky brake zone, I got out of sorts and had to get gathered back up and make a second attempt to make the corner before I got there and that required braking hard, slowing rapidly to be in control through the corner. Arunas, being a faster driver than I, had no such problem and closed the gap on me while I was controlling weight shifts, chassis rotation and deceleration. There was no brake check going on just an average driver trying to maintain his line during unavoidable circumstances :D. Again, I must say that without the car I was driving I would have been up the hill and into the a wall or sliding sideways into a wall.

Everyone in R2 that I ran near acted the perfect driver and while all I really could hear all race was the thumping of blood as it pumped past my eardrums I did have a lot of fun, one more time, thanks to a car that drove very well. I'm not good at tuning a car, nor lucky. I work at it very hard and have found out a few things that seem to hold true. When I apply them correctly in cars that respond to these truths I get a car that is easy to drive. They're seldom faster than any other setup but they handle the inputs I give and respond the way I expect them. This is a result of using many of the same cars often,almost six years in Race 07. Much has been written about setting up, most of it UNBELIEVABLE :laugh:. There are some changes you can make that do a lot and some that do not give any noticeable change or at least not until you have optimized the major movers.

If I know all this why do I not just tell you? Simply because what works for me may not work for you. You must pick a car to make changes to, session after session, event after event until you can see the result of those changes. Believe me when you change something on a major mover you will know it. Then you can play with it and take advantage of what it offers. As you play you will find that the major movers interact, and you can get the same result[almost] with several of them. It's the blending of the settings that makes the difference, using a bit of each mover to get the job done instead of just expecting one to handle the job. It takes time, and you have to be quick to see when a change works and when your driving has changes because of it. I like to see laptimes drop but usually they settle down for me and the car just gets easier to drive and then maybe if I'm lucky, like I was yesterday, I'll go back and make one little change because I recognized that I hadn't covered one of those basic truths as well as I should have and I have a fantastic car.

And now, you know why I write short race reports leaving out some items.

Rather unsure on this (and today's) one as I've yet to find a solution for the sliding pedals - though I've read a lot of praise for anti-slip rug underlays (the bright yellow one, specifically), so I'll head over to home depot after work ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201502):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.​

Yeah, saw those as well - however, I'd rather not glue anything to the tiles/floor if I can prevent it ;)
The local home depot didn't carry the yellow one, unfortunately, but I got a bit of the pinkish (in black, how confusing! :D) and with 3 layers, it might be worth a try.

Something like that is going to be the next try should this fail - I'd buy a small rug, attach small wooden planks onto it to keep both pedals and my office chair in their positions while both (and myself, that is :D) provide the weight to keep the whole thing down and in place.
Done racing - just roll it and shove it under the couch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%