RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

oh my God. So many mistakes. The worst of them with Millet. Really really sorry as i was not counting touching u.
Then several laps later as i was going 3rd, spun at last turn and got in pits with speed over limit ahahahha, got stop and go and full ahed. One or more two laps and another spin made me crash into the wall and start a barbecue in the mini. At that point i was waiting u guys with beer but no one show up.
Once again sorry Millet.

Quali: Reasonable lap for 8th.

Race: Made a decent start, but overcooked it into T3, spearing across the apex; somehow managed to avoid everyone! Recovered and worked my way up, having a good battle with @Nelson Ullinskey on the way. After pitting, @Damo slowly caught me; another good battle over the last few laps. Ultimately too cautious going into the last turn on the last lap; @Damo took full advantage, passing round the outside, demoting me to 6th.

Still a good result :)

What a race, what a week - I'm going to miss the track.

Lacking practice with the Mini both on the track and generally in recent weeks, I joined a bit early and got up to some speed, but couldn't quite get to Istvan's pace who was in 1st at the time. Switched to a different setups and found some more time, but by then, both Nelson and Reggie had joined the server and had caught up with the two of us easily.
After some more position-shuffling between P1-4 during practice #2, it was qualifying time soon enough.

Managing to score P2 with an extra-low-fuel-extra-late attempt, I had a good start into the race and having the inside, got by Reggie. Some early defensive driving made me keep P1 and during what was a nice fight, I even built up some tenths, most surprisingly.
Closing in on pit time, Reggie finally got by once my tyres started to act funny - which also made me go for four tyres, a risk not too high, considering Istvan in 3rd was about 10s behind at the time.
Unfortunately, a few laps post-pitting, I went too wide in T1 and took a short offroad detour, barely missing a tyre wall. While I was gaining the slightlies bit of time, it was far from enough to really get closer to Reggie, so P2 it was!

Thanks for racing guys, see you at Vara!

Just back from "Margaritaville" with the wife but I'll try for a race report anyhow.

We were all so close in laptimes, I felt my own best was only a fluke as I could never come close in each session. Last turn/first turn made such a difference and so difficult to get it right often enough. I think I was even faster in Warmup than I was in quali, that's what I mean.

So I took the Nurb's setup and worked it to go fast, then I worked it so I could race it, I made 4th close to 5th so I could have options in those "special" corners. Played with going to 3rd half way around T1 as well and was ready for the race.

I was totally amazed to see my position about of T1 and so happy to be still in it after T2 when Dave filled my screen for about 3 milliseconds! on his way thought the corner. I knew that as long as I drove in free air that I could stay on track. As soon as Damo caught up with me I pitted so I could still have a clear track and drive properly. Really surprised a few laps later when Nelson came out of the pit with Istvan! How had he made so much time after his "falter"? Anyhow, Istvan had some real troubles with tires and I guess a few others as well but Nelson just slowly took off and I kept track of those behind. The setup and pit stop strategy paid off and driving was a piece of cake to the end.

Hoping the new 5 day schedule doesn't ruin daily participation. More racing for more people? YEEEEaaaah?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline