RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well done the winners. Bad luck who ever came second. ;)

I enjoyed my time in the Race 07 Club again. See you all soon Glad Dennis was there as not much fun once the fast guys had gone.

Remember Dennis, when you allow low aids, I'll join some of the faster car races. :thumbsup::thumbsup::whistling::whistling::D:D

Last edited:
@Mid-pack Jack I feel the same in some of the high powered cars Andy, there really squirrelly at speed and for that reason I tend to not turn up for those races. But anything that I can drive well, the touring cars and some of the GT cars, go for it! That's still 2 races a week currently, Tuesdays and Fridays.

I'd take mid/back of the pack in a race against real people with teamspeak chit chat over a silent AI win any day!

Spot on. That's what I'll do most probably but I like to have a go at Assetto Corsa too sometimes. Many of the Club races in AC are GT class and they allow TC and ABS and I really like them.

I have a time with the powerful cars but they're a good challenge and force me to know setups better. What do they say at that famous driving school, "Drive like there is an egg between the bottom of your foot and the pedals". :)

No enjoyment for me doing that Dennis. I don't do setups either. I drive the cars as they come. Just add or take off fuel. Ain't got the time for serious stuff.
I am simple man. ;):sneaky::sneaky:

After struggling with both the lack of practice and the Cruze... I switched to the Peugeot 407 and found some speeeed :)
Reggie and Peter were way faster, as usual, but Istvan seemed to be at about my pace and Alex wasn't too far behind when practice #2 came to its end.

Qualifying in P4, IIRC, I had a pretty bad start, but hugging the inside and Reggie starting worse helped me keeping position and I even managed to get up to P2. After a while, Reggie turned up at my rear bumper and went by after a while. Kept Istvan at bay afterwards and gained some time once his tyres started to go - P3 in the end.

After the L1 traffic cleared up a bit, I had gone by Andy and Dennis was up next - with Peter battling Istvan first and then continuing to Alex, both lost time and I closed in on the group soon enough, starting off a nice battle.
Really nice racing, although Peter DNF'd after a while and Alex went too wide through one of the T1 iterations - P2 in the end, with the gap to Istvan growing again once his tyres were gone.

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you next time!

Qualifying => driving mistake => second. Such a pity... I had the ability to do it.
Still, Reggie deserved his pole position.

Race 1
I had a very good start and I got the lead, I tried and eventually achieved a safe gap from Reggie. I kept my position with 1 or 2 seconds going up and down all the time.
Very nice race! Reggie felt like a nightmare behind me... he was waiting for my slightest mistake which was very exciting for me but being 50 years old, this made me dizzy and had my eyes rolling. I don't know if I can endure this for much long.

Race 2
Started last, got in P3 in lap 4.
Trying to pass Odell so I could catch up with Reggie, an accident happened and suddenly, I found myself drinking a beer while listening to music in my home.

Thanks Dennis for making this event possible for us.
And thanks to everyone who joined this race.

Played with t he SEAT but gave it up in favor of a well tuned Honda, oh and I love the exhaust note! Very pleasant to drive and a good pace.

R1:I got too close to Reggie and Istvan in T1 and ended up out in the sod farm. After recovering I gained on Snr and Andy a few laps later. Andy wnet off on a close pass in T2 a few laps later and I waited. The rest of the race was a you, first, no please you first. Oh well.

R2: What happens when two drivers, close in times run together? Experience does not trump old age and Andy was in the dirt again. Race ruined for both of us.

A "sorry" to Andy only helps so much. I 'll try harder.

SHame to have only a small grid of 9, even fewer for race 2.

I qualified in the middle and got a really good start, but couldn't capitalise as I was boxed in by Bjorn and István. Slotted into 5th behind them and that's where I stayed. Battled with István in the early laps as he seemed to not be used to the cold brakes and tyres, but once his Alfa had warmed up, he was off, and I was on my own.

Race 2 I started 4th, got another good start and could make the most of it. Reggie blasted past me in the BMW but I overtook others and when Reggie nudged Andy wide at turn 2, I slipped through and took 2nd. I stayed with Reggie for all of a lap before he settled down and sped off. Peter caught me hand over fist a couple of laps later, but must have locked up/braked too late at the hairpin and hit me, we both went wide and a couple of corners later I saw him spear sideways into the barrier very fast and wrecked his car. Bjorn and I were close for a lap or so but I mis-judged braking for turn 1 and went wide, letting him and István through. Once again i was on my own for half the race.

Nice track. A few more drivers to help pad out the rather sparse midfield would have been good!

Heh - merely okay off the line, but a competitive general pace. And it's so, so stable, compared to "my" other cars (Cruze, Leon...) - though these might be my setups, I guess? ;)

More Poznan action, in!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201509):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Will most likely make it :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201509):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%