RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dave, I actually do know that DTM cars have very little in common with their production counterparts (as I'm following the series), thanks anyway. But still, if I compare them to the record laps up here on RD it just doesn't add up. Furthermore, those two times are almost as fast as real life F1 times.
Sure, the DTM car is roughly 200 kilos lighter than your average GT1 car (for example), but the latter has more grunt (around 180 hp more with the most powerful cars) which should be more than enough to alleviate the difference. I'm still amazed and perplexed, because my top time with default setup is 1:48.x 'till now. Maybe I'm just too slow of a bloke, heh, heh. :D

A lesson for everyone in how not to do supoerpole.

I'd pulled together a stable and medium fast setup knowing that this can be a bit of a race of attrition. The '09 version of this track proved to be better than the '77.

Quali 19th had set myself up nicely with what would have been a reasonable time (certainly higher than 19th) [Video of my classic FAIL to come]. Finally getting to grips with the Chevy which is a pretty fast car in general once you tame the rear end. Ran wide in the final turn and piled into the tyrewall DNQ in sight of the finish line, gutted! I hope that everyone has a good laugh when they see it.

Race 1
Poor start from 19th and dropped a few places, but some care through turn 1 and 2 had me picking up a couple of places. Came down to T3 and slowed to avoid shunting one of the Woods as they rejoined the track. Only to get shunted myself - Suspension damage. On the exit of the second part of the hairpin, Frank Anderson had got a tap and rolled backwards into the track. I found myself sitting in 10th. Lap times steady with pit stop planned around lap 7 for lefts. Unfortunately, plans change on lap 5 as I come round T2 flat out to see Sam Mahler in the middle of the track facing me. In trying to avoid him, wheels on the grass and I thought that my race was over as I headed toward the tyrewall of death. Fortunately just a front right puncture, changed the pit call and limped to change the fronts rather than lefts. Unfortulately that slow lap put me in the grips of the leaders, once you start getting blue flags, then it's race over. Finished 14th which is up on the start position but disappointing as there most definently was a better finish in the bag. Just my luck as I aways seem to come off worst in these racing incidents.

Race 2,
A better start, clean to Moss when I braked early to avoid the chaos that normally ensues when i was punted off the track. Back in 19th with rear suspension very damaged it felt. Tried to hold it, but struggled more and more after the pitstop which I'd nailed, back end went loose from susp damage and I found my way into the tyrewall. figured that without control at the front with no splitter and rear with no suspension, that it would be game over shortly.

One consolation, I'd switched back to cockpit from swingman for this race and had gone faster. May be cockpit only from now on.

Anyone done any practise round here? Just did a 1.25.7 with low fuel after 5 or 6 laps. Can definitely get into 24's but will wait for Monday to practise anymore :)

yes yes yes yes and you will enjoy it as hard as you can! :) you will thank me for this, you'll see ;)
about laps and practice, my best in public race was 1:27+- with tank fueled for around 14 laps... but I am mr. slow :)

1:25, 1:27... On Imola? With a touring car... Am I missing something?? *confused*

lol sorry I meant 1:47+- not 27, I was responding on Ross and as I was writing and reading his post I mistakenly put that 20 instead of 40... of course 1:24 is even hard for F1 cars :) because of that I said that I am mr. slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%