RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

In lap 2 i realized there'll be a mandatory pit stop and thought at which section of the track I call up pit menu n decide what to do, is it just 2 wheels.., 4 wheels..,fuel.. suddenly that certain sector came up..:confused:
Sorry didn't even inform myself properly about race settings ;)

Royal_Oporto_Tawny.png

............................................Nuno, I told you "don't drink and drive".
.................................Is the video footage real or the result of Oporto wine?

Carnage! Punctures! Fun! Join us at Porto for all of that... and more ;)

Had the time to join, but unfortunately, I hadn't quite had the time to practice in the Minis yet. However, I managed to get a nice pace surprisingly fast, using my super-secret Mini base setup and a gearing similar to the one in Dennis' setup from yesterday's ;)
Went into qualifying with lower fuel and got P4 behind the pack of Reggie, Matthias and Peter. Thanks to some highly-controversial penalty, the stewards then decided to move the entire field, minus these three and Dennis, back a position! An atrocity to put its dark shadow over the sport for many years to come!

:D

However, after an okay start, I got by @Dennis Phelan easy as he didn't quite put up a fight and kept P4 with @Nelson Ullinskey pushing hard. Subpar braking into the first chicane on my side got him more exit speed and sure enough he went through at the end of the straight.
GnTuIjq.jpg

For the next few laps, we had yet another nice, clean and incredibly close battle - pretty much as close as it gets, great stuff. When Nelson went wide into a barrier at the hairpin, I got by and managed to build a small gap afterwards.
RhTDsBF.jpg

However, Nelson was still lurking, until.. well.. until he did that. Little did I know that I was supposed to be next - clipping the final chicane's curbstone ever so slightly, I got my Mini a bit sideways, got into the barrier, spun a few metres and reduced the total weight by leaving the rear bumper behind.
FoQdUuW.jpg

Unfortunately, I also abandoned the air formerly in my rear right tyre. While limping back into pits, I changed the preset and went for rear tyres instead of the usual fronts - not repairing the suspension damage, I got out in P6, but taking into account those who hadn't pitted yet, I should easily be able to keep P4.
Or so I thought. While chasing Dennis and approaching that chicane, the car got unstable yet again and after another impact and one hell of a slide (on the roof, however still leaving tyre marks :confused:), I had crooked my steering even more.
Naturally, I was ever so happy to see Nelson pop out of pits right behind me right after that crash ;)
edhRKdo.jpg

But alas, it made for another nice battle - this time, we were driving trash cans, but still a fun battle :) However, the chicane of doom wouldn't let us bring it to the finish line as it claimed another victim.
7HNxDw8.jpg

After that, I eased down a bit and when @Peter Ell DNF'd, I even got a free podium!

Thanks for racing everyone, see you next week, at a less vicious track ;)

It seemed throughout practice that very few of us learned form the earlier events. I made a note to go fast, build a car and yes, crash. I did fairly well, a good lap in Q but got dropped from the server. Thanks to all for letting Nuno and I get beck into the event, there was no where else we would rather be.

Having gained several places in rejoining I decided to pull over at the start, part of a plan to be careful.

Ending up behind Kevin I happily pursued him and after a couple of laps noting his brake points and pulling in tight behind him I made a pass on braking to the first chicane. Occasionally I would bounce off a wall, that got me suspension damage but it was minor. As pit time came up I pulled up my pit preset and cancelled the damage repair, taking just tires, so I thought. I still had to sit and wait while the damage was repaired! The repairs lost me time on Damo, we had swapped places when he pitted and he was pulling slowly away but the yellow came out for him very soon.

Nothing much to so but drive carefully and bounce gingerly off the wall, collect a light bit of damage to the suspension and roll through the chicanes! I managed to do that, a strategy well played.

Enjoy RoadOne next week, it's nothing like this circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%