RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hmmm, I hoping to hear what that really means @Peter Ell ?

Just being a street track, just one that we never use, just because it's tough, I figured to have problems. I didn't plan on having to setup the servers again, which I did wrong, and have that contribute to the mayhem of the event. My apologies to all drivers for putting the server up without Superpole and with a pitstop, both totally my fault. Rather than just liet it run through, I wanted everyone to be able to have a pitstop preset as several on TS indicated that they had none. Drivers also had not planned on using the pit entrance and I wanted to allow time for for them to find their way in. Because I brought us around to a new event the grid position was messed up and certainly this had a lot to do with some of the cars failing to finish. I'll be checking the other two servers to make sure they are set right so the week can continue and the only carnage will be from....some other reason.

I thought I had a car in the garage for this event but I had to take one off the trailer and tweak it.

R1: It seems all the voting through the sessions killed my FFB and I didn't know about it until I drove off the line. I should have dropped out but I thought I could handle it. One the way to the first chicane I found it difficult event to go a straight line and bounced around the track, collecting Reik while doing it. At just a bout the same time all the dogs decided thay wanted to go outside and were making a real ruckus so I just parked the car.

R2: Having cycled the connector to the wheel I thought I was ready to go but the wheel again felt like it had no FFB so I pulled off in the first corner. Finding that FFB was there, I continued on, far behind. On L3 at the end of that straight I encountered Bjorn stuck at the corner and though slowing, still hit with enough speed to take off my front aero so off to the pit, luckily it time to pit. With the stop, the crash and the pit, I was just never near anyone. That's a good thing!

Lets hope for a great turnout on Thursday :thumbsup:

By luck I had some extra free time and decided to enter late into the event.

I joined when super pole started. On the warmup lap I tryed to re-learn the track, which I haven't driven since many years. ;) So just P6 (also automatic gears was turned on accidentically:rolleyes:).

To my luck there was 10 minutes warmup to find a good flow for the track (and another 10 minutes warmup to learn pit entry - thx Dennis ;):thumbsup:)

R1:
Due to the messed grid I started last (don't worry Dennis ;)). The BMW made me start very well but there was no way to pass early at this track. On the backstraight I couldn't avoid Dennis. I hit his rear and had some minor damage. Due to other incidents I soon was in 2nd and could find a nice rhythm being ~ 8 seconds behind Reggie. After a few laps I decided to pit. Reggie entered at the same time in front of me and smashed it into the entry chicane. I avoided him but was too fast for the tight left hander, so I hit the fence for some big damage. Being under long repair in the pits my son woke up and cried a lot. So I had to quit and calm him down. :cool::rolleyes::O_o::inlove::)

R2:
I started 4th or 6th now (don't remeber well) and everyone did a safer job now. After a few Corners I was in 2nd behind Peter. He drove it well, so even being faster than him, there was no way to pass him. At one point Peter defended very well on the outside of the first chicane. :thumbsup: Unfortunately in the end of lap 3, he hit the final chicane very hard. I was able to avoid his flying car but had no more chance to get the exit of the combo, so I hit the wall straight on. Engine broken - DNF. :( Don't worry Peter. Simple race accident at a tricky scene. I was just a bit disappointed about the early end of a promising Race 2. ;)

CU all soon...

Hi @Dennis Phelan , I think there is a misunderstanding. It might be yours but as well it could be me not understanding your question.

When I wrote "your fault", of course I didn't mean you or a specific person. I meant that everyone's driving mistake determines the race of the driver behind unless there is safe gap but... that's no race.

Now, just because it's a street, rarely used and tough track is no problem for me. It was my choice to participate in this event and I agree with you about not changing the track because it's tough and a "car grinder". I like challenges...

About the "it's a trap" . It's obvious that all the chicanes have static cones that when you collide with one of them you "freeze" in the middle of the road which will probably result in a pile up and "kills" the other's race. ( Just like the video I posted or me with @Reik Major and I imagine that this happened with many others ) Even though I acknowledge that this would probably happen I decided to run the race without having any kind of problem with your track choice.

As for your mistake about the server, frankly, I was cool with it and believe me, I find such mistakes amusing because I do mistakes like this every day. (I'm a fan of mistakes like this)

I'm not sure if I answered your question but that's all I meant with my posts. I look forward for the mini race in this trap .
I'll always be friendly with you because your contribution in RD is very determining and you're always helpful and willing and that's why we enjoy all of the races.

With respect for someone who's trying.
Peter Ell.

P.S.: I'm sorry for not answering your question yesterday but when you posted it was around 3 o'clock in the morning.

Should have time for that - in :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201502):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Thanks @Peter Ell for the explanation, Deeply appreciated and welcome, I can see your true meaning now.

This track brings everyone to their knees. No wonder really that when we last ran STCC here in OCT '12 that we had to cancel the race! I guess the ones that were here this week were braver "or something :rolleyes: " than the ones usually entering back then :laugh:. Of course, there's still Thursday and Friday to consider.

iiiiii... don't know yet, to be honest. Might make it? Anyway, here's the usual skinpack link :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201502):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Well I thought that''s the way they have always been set up.
When the new servers came online and I had to use DS for the first time it's what I picked.
I really don't know what the difference is between pro and semi pro. We allow other than cockpit view which I think we still have and the DS does not allow traction control or ABS if I set it right.

Help me out here if you can!

Fun cars! Fun track! Unfortunately, that doesn't make the track any less dangerous ;)

Potential imminent death aside, I got pretty fast pretty soon - all using Dennis' great setup posted above, plus minor adjustments (+2kPa on the rear wheels, +1 tick for both 5th and 6th gear). Carried the speed into quals and got pole position.

Had a fairly good start into the race, though @Matthias (No. 1) got off the line a bit better - still managed to keep P1 through the first corners and soon build up a small gap.
6z0nzrt.jpg

Avoiding a final-chicane-disaster worked out pretty good for quite some time, and it wasn't until I saw the replay that I realized it was a pretty weird collision box around the front bumper that finally did sent me off :( @Nelson Ullinskey, whom I had lapped moments before, must've gotten nervous and joined my crashsite - sorry for that!
NmkAm6h.jpg

After waiting, I got going again and brought the wreck that I was now driving home and thus saved P2 as Reggie DNF'd and pretty much everyone else had to pit, I think ;)

Another decent start into race #2 got me into P4 early and with @Dennis Phelan looking to avoid a three-wide into the chicane both Matthias and myself got through rather easy.
FkcNpbF.jpg

Soon enough, I got closer to Nelson (No. 14) and with Matthias a few metres behind, we had a nice, short battle for 2nd place - though I couldn't quite find a way around him. Actually, it was now Matthias catching up again, and after not quite nailing the first chicane, he got past me, which made the battle all the merrier...
UJkGcXK.jpg

...for a while. Unfortunately, it wasn't too long until I clipped the barrier going into the first chicane and left my front wing behind. Yikes.
Fitwa0b.jpg

Concentrating on keeping the car, that now had a far bigger turning radius, on the road, Dennis in P5 was gaining second per second. But suddenly, it was Matthias who re-appeared in front of me, apparently in steering trouble himself - and bigger ones, as well, it seemed.
After a few more miles, I got by and reclaimed P3 - and with Nelson joining the no-front-wing club during the final lap, even 2nd place got into my reach again, but alas, not close enough :)
zUChwjZ.jpg

By the way, is aero damage supposed to be beyond repair in these cars or was my pit menu acting up?
zeS1f4i.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the racing, guys - see you next time!

I don't know about the wing repair thing. Previous to the event I had a pit preset that included tires and fix everything, I used it in the first race and got tires and my front wing replaced. Between races I tried to make a preset that was only for a fix everything but no tires and it would not let me do it. So, I modified the original preset to be just fix everything and though I did not need it was present for R2.

I played th my setup a bit making only a couple of small changes before the race, Reggie Snr was a bit quicker at times but I liked it.

R1, a rather poor start but no problem, no traffic. At some point I missed a corner, I think it was the 1st turn and lost a front wing. On the way into the pit I flipped the car but the stop went well and I was on the road, playing it safe for the rest of the race.

R@: A great start but Matthias and Blorn were closing so to avoid putting too much pressure on myself I slowed after the hairpin to let them by. A quick spin lost me some time during the race but nothing broke that I can remember. I had been working to stay ahead of Snr but he ran into some problems and I was content to maintain a good pace without trouble. Eventually trouble found me out and both Matthias and Bjorn were slowing ahead of me. I reined in my desires and maintained my pace making no real attempt to close to them, just let it happen, but it didn't and I was behind at the end.

Overall, much better than Tuesday! Really fun cars these!

@Ralf Eiden While at today's event most agreed that the server was set to Pro in the past so all servers will now be set to that. When setting up the DS the only visible change is that Pro does not allow any option for abs or traction control. By going back to today's event @Björn I can see that Pro allows one to make a pit preset that allows for aero damage that was not allowed for under Semi Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%