RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great event,
Qually 2nd,couldnt get any more out of me,lol.
Race 1: great start but just a little to eagar at t1 drifting just a little bit to wide touching Greg.Sorry mate.
After that i had Andreas up my tail,and just as i didnt expected it(stupid,i had the door wide open...:mad:)he made a pass on me.
A few corners later(stupid stupid me,:mad:) i did the same thing and Greg muscled his way passed me.
Greg made a mistake later on and gave me back my spot.Wietse was on my tail but managed to pull a gap.
I tried and i tried but i just couldnt catch Andreas and as the race came to the closing stages my fuel problems grew.
So i had to take it really slow the last couple of laps to reach the finishline in 2nd place.

Race 2: Again had a good start,but Andreas flew by me on the left hand side and after some paint rubbing in t1 and t2 i was in 6th place.After a little crash (Greg came in to hot, hit Dario who hit me in the tyrewall,lol),i had a nice fight with Filip,great stuff.Eventually he made a mistake handing me 4th spot.
Then i had Kevin to catch and as i was getting closer he also made a little mistake,just enough to loose enough speed so i slipped passed him.
As in race 1 i just couldn't catch Andreas who was driving in 2nd place and Yves in 1st place,congrats guys.
Nice racing with a fairly packed field,14/15 drivers.Hope to see that more often:biggrin:.

Good result: 2nd and 3rd place,good fun.

Thx Yves and RD for setting this up and all the drivers,
cheers :cool:

OK guys this is a BIIIIIIIIG field now so I'll cover a couple of points to digest.

Tight track and really fast in a GT car. Be respectful and aware of whats going on as best you can. Giving room to someone make s you a great club racer insted of a tool box handle like we had at last nights MINI event at Cadwell.

2. We encourage EVERYONE to participate regardless of race pace achieved! If your a bit slower than others, just don;t do anything drastic when a faster car is coming up on you. HOLD YOUR LINE and the faster car will find its way by safely. If on a straight, just ease off the throttle a bit and let him by. Don't PARK THE CAR on the straight and scare the *&^* out of the guy over taking.

WILLIE: we need a link to that sexy Spyker skin!

Alex: Don;t bail out! Juts do what ya can and have fun!

See you al ltonight!

I am really pumped about the size of this field! This is what will propel the AMERICAN RACING CLUB forward!

JArrod thats just not right! I have to thank you for spreading the word about this and helping get the field filled nicely!

I'll post a race report tomorrow guys. I had alot of fun and hope everyone enjoyed the event. I have a real gem for these cars next week! I mean a real beauty of an event! Deniis knows whats up but won't blab just yet I hope....................LOL

Again, well done by everyone involved! I saw alot of sportsmanship up and down the field and thats what maked the Amaerican Racing Club fun! Respect for your fellow drivers and trying your best at the same time!

The lap 1 incident really set the mood for the event for me. To say I was a little hot is an understatement. I shouldn't have let it get to me like that. I really feel I must apologize to Glenn again. I should have held back a bit more. Two out of the three contacts were totally my fault and 100% avoidable. What was with the slow white C6 coming down the hill in T2 though? I swerved to avoid him, cut across the shoulder and pretty much got sling shot right into you. So sorry Glenn. This really wasn't like me.

Any ways, time to get some sleep. I will follow up with my race report tomorrow.

Thanks for the fun guys. First race was a blast, second race not as good though. :) Got tangled with Stephen Werner and Glenn Peterson on lap 5. Unfortunately I could not avoid Stephen Werner when he was correcting, and my race was done. All good though, hope that doesn't sound like a gripe to either of the guys.

Well, I have to say thanks to everyone for the opportunity. It was pretty much an epic fail for my debut here :frown: The list of mix-ups is long, but I need to put a couple of apologies out there. First one goes out to Corey, who was gridded behind me in race 1 and when I blew the start, he got pinned behind me. When I finally figured out what was going on, I spun my tires, started to lose the rear end and just tried to pin it against the inside wall to reduce the havoc and I still caught a piece of Corey going by. On lap 2, I came into the Esses a little hot and ended up off track and spun my tires again getting back on the asphalt and I shot right across Bill's nose and collected Aleksey as well. Really sorry guys.

On the bright side, I was able to get through race 2 cleanly as I couldn't get my car fired and had to jump off the grid before I caused another start problem. So, a total of 8 laps out of 30 and a couple of accidents created by me was not really the showing I was hoping for as I was really just trying to finish cleanly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%