RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was was absolutely rubbish and couldn't believe there was someone behind me for the first few laps.
Hehe, I was hopeless aswell. After that overshot corner, I was still in front, but had at least 2 hill spins and then damage in the city behind you.
Dunno why I faild so badly there, almost never spun out in my time attacks. I'm gonna go with the extra fuel load :D

Puncture and suspension damage like you for 3 quarters of a lap and pitted, messed my scheduled pit stop up and had to pit again for fuel.
Yeah, same here... We pitted in the same lap, but I had to stay in longer.

Then with just over a minute to go - I totalled the car for a DNF:mad: Poor Sebastian did the same from 2nd place, which made me feel - only slighty less stupid.
Yeah, really bad luck there... For Stefan aswell, he was really fast and consistent. Was quite a struggle to keep a 6-8 second gap, I didn't want to be lapped by him too :D.

I can make it....to the qually and race. If it is okay, I will mistt most of the practice sessions (be ther for the last 1/2 hr to get the car set up and ready for race.

If this is not okay, just let me know and I will see what I can do to do more practice.

Here's hoping there is space...if not, have a great race all and see you on another server.

Michael H

Just did some testing.

Default setup with my steering lock, 10ltr of fuel, 4 laps best time, hung over, and still tired

1:19.1 spyker
1:20.2 bimmer
1:20.0 seat
1:19.6 marcos
1:18.8 sunred
1:18.1 c6

I just cant see myself in the seat as I will constantly be thinking of what the car looks like. I think the marcos and sunred have some real setup potential but the C6 is going to be the car to beat on this track.

With slight changes to the sunred I got it to the mid 17 easily hot lapping. Little bit dancy in the corners but completely manageable.

Small changes to the Vette and I am in the high 16s. I am still testing lines and pushing the limits. I think the vette can get to the mid 16s.

The sunred can almost be as fast as the vette.

A blast!

After a less than spactacular night in the Mini's, was looking forward to a little grip in the corners :cool:.

Qual: I knocked off as quick a lap as I had practiced early on, but ll of us were within a second and a half or so of each other, so I was nervous to the last minute. Did manage my first Pole in a race with more than 1 car!

Race 1: William got an excellent hole shot into turn 1 and never looked back. I never quite came to terms with the car in this race, slipping and spinning my way to 3rd.

Race 2: Much better start. Fall in behind Willie, set up for a pass out of the old harpin, but drive it in a little deep on the cold tires and end up on the grass. Held it together and fell back in line, holding position. Pull the same maneuver in McLeans, but this time William gets by - Willie spins coming out of the next corner, leaving me to track down William. I'm right behind him for all of lap 2, and finally overtake when he locks up going into Goddards and misses the corner. After that, it's a mirror full of William for the next 3 or so laps, then I lock up and miss Turn 1 and he slips by down the Craner S's. After that, it's like William said, reel him in, then typically lose time with a quick spin in the Melbourne hairpin. Finally got a handle on that, and started pulling up over the last couple of laps - making most of the time from the old hairpin at the bottom of the hill through Coppice. I've within 2 sec. going into the last lap, when he pulls up and then slightly offs Turn 1, putting me right in his tailpipe. Coming through 4, I run wide into the grass - race lost - only to see William spinning off to the right as he pulls out of the corner. Merry Christmas and I'm careful coming home to my first On-Line win.

Thanks to Eric N and RD!! Thanks to William, Willie, and Bill (?!) for a couple of great races. William, you're on, but It'll have to wait two weeks as next week I'll be at a car rally (Miatas @ Myrtle Beach) doing some autocross and oval track time.

Randy: I think we will see high 16's in the race. I am not sure what GRIP LEVEL the game provides in Time attck mode. ie. is it Pracy 1 or 2 or Quali parameters. Regardless, if you run 17's your in decent shape for a solid finish!

Sam: I found the Sunred to be the same. just cam't get it to "carve thru a corner" it just wants to skate and yaw all the time. Shorter wheelbase perhaps?

Warren: HELL YEAH! get in here my man It'd be great to race with you again! been ages since you have been here thats for sure!

Blair: welcome and have yourself a good time! If you run through this thread you'll see we have setups uploaded in the onlione files section of the game and some info about what cars run best here.

Here's a link to a video of last weeks GT PRO action at Watkins GLen!

Select GT Pro WGI 2!

you can watch all the movies files actually................FWIW

http://americantcc.net/media/

I'd like to sign up please if possible.

Done :)

Guys, don't underestimate the difficulties under these conditions (spray, visibility and grip).
It takes while to get used to zero grip ;), take your time to practice on the server.
You may also reduce the graphic details a bit (shadows, special effects), because the engine will eat more CPU and GPU power in heavy rain.

Don't forget to install the thunder fix, to prevent possible disconnects and other side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%