RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First laps were extremely funny and chaotic. Then as Eric damaged his car somewhere, i came close to him. Tried to follow him with a 1-2 secs. gap. Then we pitted at the same lap. But then... I enjoyed a great sightseeing till the finish. At least i completed the race:wink: Congrats Nigel. You drive like an a.i. So perfect :thumbup:.

Thanks Bram, Rd and everyone raced. After Machwerk and Sachsenring, i hope i won't see anymore "long" tracks :wink:.

What an awful race... Went well for the first two minutes, was in 3rd, but then I braked too late at that corner before the section 2 line. Ran wide, had to let the entire field pass.

Was slowly catching up, eventually was behind Mark O'Connor, I think. Flat out just before and over the hill, but he braked on the top of the hill, I was too close at that point, hit the brakes myself, and spun out... Caught up, and was behind him again. Through the city in section 1, he hit something, I just followed right behind him :). Suspension damage, aerodynamics damage, puncture on front left... 2/3 of the lap with severe damage, and then a long pit stop, ended with me being lap down on lap 3 or 4.

Later also barely missed Mark over the bridge. I guess he crashed, he was really slow, and on the middle of the road, and me with 230+ km/h. The first one was my own fault, but that one would have been yours Mark :p.

Got into a rhythm finally, and got back up to 5th. Not bad considering the damaged lap, and two pit stops.

Congrats to Nigel, hope you'll have more fun in the next one :D

EDIT: fixed a typo

quali went ok and i got pole, but still .6 shy of my PB with a 56.9

Race, 1st start and i got off well and held the lead, noticed some meassages about restart but was concentrating to hard to read em, then i got abit of a gap a still asking for restart so i stopped from the lead and eventualy we managed to get race restarted.

Race pt 2. stated 3rd this time and lucked into the lead when Lee and Mark went for the same bit of tarmac, only a small bump but Lee came of worse.
after that it was just a case of keeping smooth and the gap opend. i pitted with 30mins to go which went ok and i was able to keep a good lead till the end :cool:

grats to all who finished and thanks to Bram and RD :smile:

sorry for the noshow but as Lee already sayed my Clubsport pedals went away :( was realy looking forward to it had worked out a realy awsome setup
wich was good for a low 56 anyway after the pedals went away for the first time i connected my old ms ffb wheel to use the pedals of it
but found out realy fast they are awfull so i tryed and mapped back the controles on the CSP's and oh wonder they worked fine ....
i got out on the track and did a low 2.57.2xx as Nigel pulled a .57.0 i got out to maybe finaly break the .57 and score a .56 came in sector 2 on my
outlap in the esses and came out with a awsome speed of 174 wich is realy fast for the exit and through to my self hey man if you do that next lap
too you have the 2.56. anywhat as i passed splittime of first sector on my timed lap i was already -0.476 so i prayed for a good line into the esses
but WTF the CSP's gave up again right there under braking means no brakes at all :/ with 5 mins of qualy left i tryed to remap the MS pedals
but they denied to work too could not set them as the CSP's would not let there controle overwrite
so i went out pissed as i never was pissed so much. had the whole week praccing like mad and was looking forward to play the blocker for my
mate Nigel as i was knowing he is faster urgs nice evening for me hope atleast some of you guys had fun as i read already not all had :(

Thanks to Bram and RD for setting this up, Omer for finding Bram and Bram again for coming to the rescue!

I was five seconds off the pace in practice. No problem, this is an 80 minute race.

Q: I purosely do a lap four seconds off my best at 3:08, after all why would I want to be in the middle of a crowd that wants to storm their way into the lead on the first lap. No problem, this is an 80 minute race.

R1: I get by all the junk littering the streets of the villiage and lining the beautiful countryside only to end up sliding at the bridge on my roof for 10 seconds before coming to a stop. At least I can drive away, no damage, last place almost but hey. No problem, this is an 80 minute race. In no time I'm headed to the front.

Everyone wants a restart, OK eventually I vote yes for a restart. Why restart, really!

R2: Again starting from almost the last row, on with the race! My fastest lap a few into the race is a 3:05.xxx. No problem, this is an 80 minute race. I settle into a long run of 3:08's, pit at L13 and take on tires and gas. Nigel passes me. I run off some more 3:08's. No problem, this is an 80 minute race. Nigel repasses me after his pit. I finish, having raced no one, a great race at a demanding track in a fun car P2. It was an 80 minute race folks!!!

Congrats to Nigel Atkins and to Stefan Beemsterboer, they both had the pace, really awsome!

EDIT: fixed a typo[/SIZE]

Sorry Senad, I'll own up to that one.

I now wish the race hadn't restarted , but thanks to everyone for doing so.

Only my 2nd race ever and I should've practiced more. I didnt see the track until shortly before the race, then somebody really pissed me off in a phone call just before the race and I couldn't concentrate. I was was absolutely rubbish and couldn't believe there was someone behind me for the first few laps. You did really well to recover and get 5th. I just got worse and worse. I couldn't get to grips with the going over the Hill (as you found out) so was braking before it. Puncture and suspension damage like you for 3 quarters of a lap and pitted, messed my scheduled pit stop up and had to pit again for fuel. This was all interspersed with several off-road trips and the death of a few sheep and rabbits:wink: I eventually conquered the Hill on the last 5 laps. Then with just over a minute to go - I totalled the car for a DNF:mad: Poor Sebastian did the same from 2nd place, which made me feel - only slighty less stupid. In the end Only 6 Cars finished
I
'll not make the mistake of - not practicing during the week again.

Wooh... What a night. First USA event was wonderful for me... Or i must say the first race of the event. Second race was driving a car which always trying to go right :). Thanks Eric, Rd and everyone raced !

P.S : Sorry Linus at the 2nd race. I could'nt press ESC in time :frown:

141petf.jpg

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com MINI
Track: Autodromo Internacial Algarve Click here to download

Weather: Dry
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 80 minutes
Note: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No sign up list, just drop in when the server gets online at 20:00 GMT. You will decide the track we race at by seconding eachothers post. The track that gets the first three seconds will be the track we will race on Mini Friday.

Example:

Code:
Herrmannator: OMG, I want Nordschleife
Atkins: I second Nordschleife:thumbup: 
Omer: I second Nordschleife :cool:
Bram: I want Brands Hatch Indy
Lee: I second Brands Hatch Indy
KennetT: I second Nordschleife...

Result: nordschleife gets picked for this event as it has three seconds

Omer it was great to see you out here having fun! Sorry about the rub in Race 2. Haven't looke dat replay yet but I tried to slow first to the corner and we just touched.

John resnik, NOw that you have STCC, you can join us on any club Friday should we run these cars again......................which is VERY LIKELY BTW.

Sorry you didn't get out here for this one but there will be more each and every week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%