RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a fantastic day of racing regardless of my finishing position.
Qualify:
Had no practice and very little time to play with the default setup leading to a qualify position of 10th.
Race:
Got a good start off the line holding with the pack. Thought I had enough room to slip in front of @Damian Millett but he had just enough on me to scrub bumpers sending me off in the first corner dropping me to 12th and having to play catch up on the first lap. Managed to catch the tail of the pack before lap 2 and was rewarded with a jump up to 10th after some contact with Damian and Dennis left Dennis broken and Aleksander sliding on the grass trying to avoid them. Got the inside on Damian coming out of Attwood Curve drag racing him to the Hairpin where he graciously backed off letting me take him at the Hairpin, up to 9th. From that point on was trying to catch @Dave Morley but ultimately backed down a bit doing everything in the book to try and stay in front of Damian. This battle went on with Damian right on my bumper or .5 secs behind me till he made his pit stop on lap 11. Decided to pit on lap 12 grabbing 4 tires but not repairing my suspension damage that occurred at the start of the race. Pulled out of the pits just as Damian came through putting me down to 10th place about a second behind him. Made a huge lunge on Damian at Redman on lap 17 to get around and back into 9th. Rest of the race was spent holding him off which he wasn't making easy. We made small contact at turn 1 near the end when I drifted right down the front straight trying to remove a cat from my view and got in his way coming back to the left to hit the line for turn 1. The battle we were having was just way to much fun to give up and since we were at the back waited till he was .5 sec behind me then picked up where we left off till the end of the race with me just managing to finish in front of him.
Some absolutely outstanding racing Damian, made running at the back of the pack a **** load of fun. According to Dennis we were the best battle on the track :) Congrats to todays podiums and again Damian great race looking forward to next week if I can make it.

Firstly ,apologies once again to Dennis for the take out , I watched it back and I don't think there was a lot I could do tbh. Except maybe next time I'll shout on TS 'SPINNING!!!!!!!!!!!' to maybe give whoever is behind me a chance to avoid. :)
As for the post above by Rob Corvey ,
well nothing I can add to that except that I enjoyed the battle with Rob immensely too , gentlemanly racing at its best imho , and what I joined this forum for , FUN! :D:D:D

Oh and thanx to Dennis for the soft/hard bump explanations too , that is my next area to work on to try and improve my times.

Look forward to next time!
Damo

Hi, I'm new to this whole thing and im interested in racing for this race and then deciding if i will take it any further...Could you put my name down and I will turn up. If possible could i run in the Chevolet Cruze?
Problems: I dont have teamspeak but i can download it if needed, I dont have my own race livery so is using one of the game's livery fine?

I have just opened up the cars to allow the cars from Race On[WTCC 08] and WTCC 10 to be included in this weeks race. This adds a number of new cars for drivers to pick from as well as the old standards. The poll indicates this should not be a problem, lets see. Maybe next time we'll run just the '08's or the '10's.

Oh my! So many cars to choose from. Will it be the Seat? The Cruze? Or is it time to get used to another one?! The "underdog Lada" looks interesting, with some tuning, it might even be up for podiums? I've been looking for that "next" car to skin, anyways, why not this one - or an Audi/Benz in case we'll do the same for the STCC weeks :D

Hi, I'm new to this whole thing and im interested in racing for this race and then deciding if i will take it any further...Could you put my name down and I will turn up. If possible could i run in the Chevolet Cruze?
Problems: I dont have teamspeak but i can download it if needed, I dont have my own race livery so is using one of the game's livery fine?

Hey Gremlin, welcome to RD, I'm sure you'll like the racing here :) However, you'll need a license first - no worries, it's free, pretty hassle-free and shouldn't take too long, just head over here.
You can choose any car you want (with any in-game livery, as well - in case you want to do your own sometime, feel free to add it to the pack over here), so the Cruze will be fine - although mine seems a bit loose at the rear end on this track ;)

@GremlinOne Teamspeak is not necessary but there are usually at least a few of us on it. It can make your first event(s) a bit easier if you need any help. Skins are not required either, you can learn that at anytime. You can pick any car in the garage, you're not locked in to any particular model until you have qualified.

I can sign you up only after you have read our rules for racing and applied for one of RD's free racing licences available here. You should get your licence by then if you apply soon.

@GremlinOne Teamspeak is not necessary but there are usually at least a few of us on it. It can make your first event(s) a bit easier if you need any help. Skins are not required either, you can learn that at anytime. You can pick any car in the garage, you're not locked in to any particular model until you have qualified.

I can sign you up only after you have read our rules for racing and applied for one of RD's free racing licences available here. You should get your licence by then if you apply soon.
Thanks, I have posted what I think was needed and look forward to the race! Lets hope im not last

After giving a few cars a go... It's Lada time, comrades! ;)

Also, I've added both the Seat Leon TDI (slightly varies from the normal one, especially hood/numberplate) and the Lada to the template pack in case someone wants to get painting.

EDIT: Seems like you're licensed, @Thomas Alderton - welcome to the grid!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201450):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%