RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Good news! I'm back. Sort of... I'm not getting much time to practise. Also I wont be able to commit to races until just before the start and if someone else in my house wants the computer ill have to leave in the middle of a race :( should be getting my own computer soon though so I hope you can all put up with my last minute signups and possibly dropping out of races for a bit :L

10641131_641599435957310_4988840124340853676_n_zps57f41404.jpg
x3 Movie-Go Mini's inside the race truck, Mine, @Matthias Klein and @Reggie Blain Snr . add me to the list :)

Cant seem to load the track , done the usual copy n paste into locations but no joy. It says copy game data and ui data but there isnt any?

Damo :0(

Change of normal procedure for this one ;)

Copy the .rar into R07's base directory (two folders up from location, should be something along the lines of "/SteamApps/Common/Race 07" and extract it right there. It already contains the subfolder structure and places some data into different folder.

A beautiful flowing track is always a blast to drive on.

Regg Snr had a bit of speed on me today and Since we both seemed to launch well he stayed stuck in front of me while Nuno clamored to make up lost time. After scraping a bit of paint with Nuno it was just Reg and I. He was sliding his rear a bit early on and went off once and I went past only to give him the same opportunity, which he took. Reg pitted for two tires and it worked building a gap that I couldn't close without loosing time in the gravel several times. I did have one more liter of fuel than he and so was able to push him across the line at the races end. :D.

9 of the 12 were on TeamSpeak and that was great fun as well. Thanks to all for coming out for the event!
See you at Estoril!

Now, that was an interesting first half of a race ;)

Having not practiced in the Minis and joining with mere minutes left in P1, I didn't expect too much - however, I got to a nice pace rather soon and quickly (I like my "new old" setup I've been using ever since Macau :D), a few packs of drivers with similar times formed. Up front, in what would become their own race, were @Reggie Blain, @Matthias Klein and @Arunas Linkevicius while @Nelson Ullinskey, @Daniel Linder and myself were battling for P4.
Went into Qualy with lower fuel and put in a nice second hotlap, snatching P4 right in front of Nelson.

I started fairly well and even got close to both Reggie in T1 and Arunas in the following turns, but having the inside line and not having the speed, these weren't more than short visits ;) Instead, both Nelson and Daniel behind expressed interest in 4th position :O
vBq4LBy.jpg

This developed into another nice battle with Nelson (Daniel dropped back a bit) - this time however, I was on the defending side. We had a few sets of passes, counterattacks and drafting situations, but finally, when I locked up my brakes going into the last turn, he went by.
tDLlo3E.jpg

When pitting time came, I opted for changing the fronts only - as it turned out, Nelson changed the whole set and that pretty much ended the battle - while I was worried about Nelson getting closer once my rears burn out, neither getting into a fight with Daniel for a while nor almost running out of fuel didn't exactly help him in that matter and I brought P4 home.
wadZ24N.jpg

Thanks for racing everyone, see you in Estoril!

Not much to say really. Finished in the same position that I started in - 6th :x3:
At first I thought @Björn Golda and @Nelson Ullinskey would be racing each other so hard, so they both would make mistakes, and that way I could maybe pass them. So I decided to just stay back, watch them fight each other and see how things would pan out. :rolleyes:

I also noticed in the those "S" corners, that I could take them in a fairly high speed at first, So If I lost any time at T1, I always took it back at the "S", so that made me little cocky, and I thought to myself, "ok, lets make a move here" and then simply started to push to hard the first 2-3 laps. :sneaky:

This lead to me, going off-track, not once, but twice, in a row, so I lost a huge amount of time, and any chance I had, to stick with them were now lost. After 4-5 laps, all of sudden my car were uncontrollable, and I had to fight with the car just to keep a decent speed up. I have no idea why, because during P1 & P2, this issue never occurred at all. After the Pit stop, It got even worse. Likely due to not changing all tires.

Nelson went off around half the race, so I manage to steal his spot for a few laps. :whistling:
But I screwed it up, after a few laps (ironically at the same area - T1) :cautious:

I don't know, this wasn't my best moments. Mostly due to how unstable the car was.
Something I have noticed a few times before. Car is fine, during P1, P2, Q and Warm Up.
But then in the race, car is just completely garbage.

It was great fun thou!

Off the pace again (yeah, yeah....What else is new?)
It's not so much being slow that bothers me, as the fact that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Ah well, more practice beckons, I guess. :)

Not much of a race down in my end.
First couple of laps had me up against @Sam Hill and @Connor Caple, but then Connor went off and had to pit for repairs, next Sam gave me a love-tap that apparently screwed up his aero since he pitted as well.
After that I didn't see a single car until lap 16 when the leaders came screaming by. :D

And of course I managed to screw up my TS settings again.
Left during the warm-up to feed my cats in the vain hope that I'd get a full race without any of them needing my attention for the race itself.
So I set TS status to 'Away', and obviously forgot to switch back when I returned......
(We really need a face-palm smiley in here)

One thing did strike me though.
Far as I can figure the Race Club schedules Touring Cars on Tuesdays, Specials (GT, Cats, OW) on Thursdays and Minis on Fridays.
Which is fine, but might I suggest that we change the track on Fridays instead of Tuesdays?
That way those of us who are *ahem* less gifted will have a chance to learn the track at the somewhat sedate pace of the Minis, and then progress to faster cars.
Just a thought.

Cheers,
Lars

Thanks for the race guys.

As Lars pointed out, I overcooked it on lap one and had suspension and aero damage, so was effectively out of the race. I kept going though and finished two laps down after another trip into a barrier and more repairs.:whistling:

That track just had no grip, even during the race session. Going off the track at 60mph on slicks when you know you could get your road car round that corner at 60 on street tyres just felt silly :D

Good fun though. Had a couple of near misses when all I could see was dust and smoke in my mirror as the leaders barreled towards me, but nobody hit me which means my pit crew got a rest for a few laps. ;) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back