RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that was a fun session.

We had a couple of racing incidents.

I tried a cutback on someone in the corner, he shut the door, fair enough :roflmao:

Another guy went off track at the 4th(? sharp RH) corner and then rejoined in front of me - no way to avoid him, so I had an early trip to the pits for repairs as my suspension was kiboshed. :(

Something weird happened at the end of my pitstop too. It said "go go go", I was in first, hit the gas and the car sort of 'stuck' there rocking back and forwards for about 10+ seconds before it finally moved forwards like it was driving through glue. Once I got off the garage area and onto the actual pitlane, it was fine.

I then got lapped a lot :D but enjoyed finishing the race.

Thanks for showing up, guys! :thumbsup:

Well, let me be the first one here (as im not the first on track ;)).
Only a few minutes of practice, an improved setup as well, and a 6th place qualify. Not bad what so ever.
Then the race.
Not even in my best dreams i could imagine a race like this one. First lats so many fight and i really didnt know where to put the car with fingers cross not to hit someone.
Later on and the batles still going, and going, and going, and going...
Then when in third place all alone, i was caughting second one but he was too far and i made a mistake wicht put me in fighting again.
didnt like to see Sam Hill getting behind as we were having a nice time.
must ask for sorry for some bad judment aproach and hope to see u all very soon.
thanks for Racedepartment for giving us this moments. This one particullary one of the best ever!!!

First RD race, and first online race altogether.
So how was it? Well, my hands are still shaking. :)

First of all, apologies for my silence on TS. Working with a new headset and still having trouble with the mic.

Anyway, I managed to do what I set out to do. Get through a race without causing any incidents. Or at least I hope I didn't cause any :D .
Got rear-ended in the pack on the first lap, but AFAIK that wasn't on me.
I'm sure someone will come along and tell me if it was.
After that we had a great three-way battle down at the end, me, Connor and David.
Granted, it was for the glorious last position, but hey, racing is racing. :D
Spent two laps with a very nice view of Connors rear bumper, but couldn't quite get close enough to close the deal.Finally managed to dive inside on the last hairpin.
Unfortunately then Connor had the pit-glitch, and I spent the rest of the race more or less alone.
Also had what must be the slowest pit on record.
Sat there for 10 seconds thinking: "Com'on guys do someth......Oh hang on, maybe I should press 'Confirm'. :roflmao:

Tons of fun though, and I'm certainly going to be a returning customer.

Cheers,
Lars

unexpected participation, unexpected result :D

Since I wasn't really counting on being home by the event's time, I didn't practice at all - thankfully, I was home rather early (and thus able to put in quite some laps in P1) and Ledenon was still memorized from before the "big server blackout of 2014".
However, both Loyd and Nelson (well, and Bob, but he left early :() were clearly faster, so I settled on becoming consistent and used P2 to test tyre degradation.
Actually, I had kind of settled on a 4 tyre stop by the end of P2, as all tyres except for RL were wearing off about the same level - well.. race time came, plans were changed ;)

Managed to qualify 2nd after Loyd didn't put in a lap after recent wheel troubles - with an interesting start (had to keep the car from rolling backwards too much), I got off the line faster than Nelson who went with some weight reduction by leaving rubber on track.
Unfortunately, with the first few turns' inside line, I couldn't hold P1 and Nelson went by again.
c1u71Wt.jpg

He soon took off and I got company from Daniel, who had since put a few metres between him and what seemed a very close pack consisting of Gundars, Nuno, Kevin and more.
Nelson up front felt alone, so checking the rear view mirror, he might've lost concentration on his racing line - whoopsies!
aRQ5n30.jpg

I went on and opened up a small gap to P2, but what about my pit strategy? I couldn't risk losing 1st place over two tyres, could I? Nope. Went with 2 tyres (fronts) only, and out again.
The second phase of my pitting plan consisted of bribing one of Loyd's mechanics - he might've or might've not spilled some soap on his pit position which left Loyd wiggling around for a few valuable seconds :D (see bottom of post)
Sp3z10r.jpg

During the pitting phase, I gained another 3-ish seconds and tried to be gentle on the tyres which allowed Daniel to close the gap even further as he would've done anyway. However, doing some math in between the bazillion turns of this track, I figured it should work out - and alas, it did (although this would've surely been Loyd's win if it wasn't for the pit troubles)!
G9Xig0w.jpg

Thanks for racing everyone, see you in Italia/next week!

PIT ISSUES: We had quite a few pit problems today - while it might be track issue (don't recall any issues from a few weeks ago, though - does anyone?), please make sure you've read (and ideally followed) this guide on pitstops - especially when running mod tracks :)

Now, that was some epic racing. Fun fun fun. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I wont provide any screens this time, because, then I would need to sit here all night long,
ending up with 20 posts, since you are only allowed to post 20 (I think) pictures per message.
And I have stuff to do so... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

At 19.10 GMT, I woke up in panic. Yes yes, I decided to take a power nap earlier :cautious::whistling::sneaky:
I had set the alarm on my cellphone, but apparently I had dismissed it, when it rang :sleep:
So I rushed to the kitchen to grab an Energy drink, and jumped right into the game.
I forgot to apply my setup, when I ran a few laps in P2, but thankfully, in the Q session, I suddenly had this "AHA" moment, and after my Hotlap, I ended up in 3rd. Which really came as a surprise to me.
I were still dizzy, but started slowly to get back to this plane of existence

Race itself was epic as it could be. Pretty early I saw that I could hang on to @Björn Golda and had this delirious thought that I could perhaps pass him if the moment came.
I was so focused on Björn, so when he maneuvered away from @Nelson Ullinskey who had a moment earlier on, it came as a surprise. At first, for a split second, I thought Björn moved over, so I couldn't use draft on him, and that was when I smashed right into Nelson. Björn took the lead, and my car pretty much stopped, and I received suspension damage. Car were still drivable, but I lost 3-4 positions in the process.
I manage to catch those who had passed me, and pass them as well when a few of them went to wide in some corners. So I was soon back in the top.

After the pit, I was now up in second place, and Björn were still in the lead. He had a very good lead to me, but I noticed I kept getting closer, so I decided to push as hard as I could, and towards the end, I had manage to close the gap with a huge amount. I think I went from 10-12 seconds down to 2-3 seconds.
So for the last few laps, I actually thought I would really catch up to him, and give him a good fight for the 1st place. But, sadly (for me anyway) time was up, and I finished in 2nd,with just 1.7 seconds or something close to that after Björn.

Epic epic epic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very enjoyable race.

No idea what happened to Nelson at the end of lap 2?!! I took advantage of the incident to get into 2nd. Managed to hang on to Bjorn's coat tails until we both pitted on lap 12. :notworthy:

I split my fuel strategy - started with 13 laps fuel and put in another 12 at the pit stop (in fairness that's how I managed to stay 2nd on a light fuel load;)). Anyway, going for fuel and four tires slowed me up too much at the pit stop and I emerged in the midfield. Loyd who was faster then got past me.

I picked up a position on the last lap when the unfortunate Sam ran wide and caught the barrier.

6th place in the end. Happy with that. :)

Thanks to loyd for waiting after our coming together after the pit stop. :thumbsup:

I split my fuel strategy - started with 13 laps fuel and put in another 12 at the pit stop (in fairness that's how I managed to stay 2nd on a light fuel load;)). Anyway, going for fuel and four tires slowed me up too much at the pit stop and I emerged in the midfield. Loyd who was faster then got past me.

Aha, so that's why you were gone all of a sudden - I got really worried about you pre-pits, nice pace!
Re-fueling will always cost you extra time though, so you should always pack the full amount needed (if possible) :)

So I finally completed my first race after having technical issues have caused me to quit two races after going through practice and qualifying. All I can say is it was a ton of fun!

I elected to start in the rear just in case my wheel decided to not cooperate again after gridding up. I picked a quite a few positions on the first couple of laps and then made it to about mid pack where there was an epic battle going on between 4-5 cars. After a lot of back and forth passing I managed to make my way up to 3rd when it was time for my pitstop. This is where it all went wrong. After changing tires my car kind of glitched out with the driver turning the wheel back and forth and just inching forward out of the pit stall. I had gone into the pits 1st after the two in front of me pitted, and come come out 6th with a ton of time lost in the pits.

After finally exiting the pits I caught up to Kevin Bradley and while attempting to overtake I just caught the right side of his bumper and caused him to spin. I waited up for him in the next few corners and let him retake his position. So now the time lost from my mistake and the time lost in the pit pretty much meant I had now chance to catch the leader.

After passing Kevin I caught the a pack consisting of the 5th, 4th, and 3rd place cars. After some hard battling I capitalized on the 5th and 4th cars getting into each and passed them on the front straight away.

I caught Nuno, who was in 3rd, on the last lap and managed to pass him, but then I made a mistake and didn't brake early enough for the next corner and he got back by me.

What an awesome race! There was some serious racing in the middle of the pack with positions being changed back and forth every lap. I'll definitely be back to race with you guys.

Great race for the first 35 mins! Ran in the top 4 for the majority of the race. I must be the only driver in the world that laps 3 seconds a lap quicker on full tanks and in traffic :L a couple of laps from the end I got hit by someone at the last corner and that damaged my suspension. Unfortunately, the game decided not to tell me this till half a lap later when it caused me to go off at high speed ending my race for good :L
Thanks anyway guys
See you all soon

...and I missed another event. :poop:

I was too busy playing this:
Sonicboomwiiu.jpg

To be honest, I would rather have been racing. It's not exactly Sonic's finest hour...

One consolation: Amy's never looked or sounded better, and her personality is a HUGE improvement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%