RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Here's my race report since I just spent 25 mins making a vid and it has Keith, Vaughnie , Stefan and me blabbing about how great a last 6 laps of race 2 was for us.

So you get thye short one I am afraid.

Q'd ok but couldn't get a good draft lap with anyone so I grid 6th I think. Get a good start and run as high as first and end up 2nd to a driver I cant even remeber ATM. Sorry to Keith for tapping you in your slide at Parabolica and Tyler smacking you harder.

Sorry to Adam for the same thing when I got distracted with Eric Estes giving room before Lesmos and diving inside to avoid killing you . when I missed the brake point. NEarly got past you but we touch enough to clip bits off the front of the car. Then exiting Lesmos you grass slide it and your bad off.

Really sorry Gents my bad and not intentional at all.

R2 was just SICK! I manage to thread thru the L1 T1 crash with John A and another driver.

I run first for awhile then Keith comes up to draft with Stefan and Vaughnie drafting and gaining.

THEN IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 cars swapping spots like mad at 190 MPH!

The most sickest and intense race I have EVER been apart of !

Thanks to Keith, Adam and Stefan for a very memorable race!

VID TO FOLLOW TOMORROW FOR SURE!

so in trhe end I am P2 and P3 for the races and happy as hell about it!

Thanks to al who raced! Congrats to those who finished and those who DARED to try this one out!
see ya soon!

Really enjoyed tonights races and it was great to see so many people out there driving GT cars. Qualified 4th and finished 4th in the first race, which I was happy about. Started 5th in the second race and got a good enough start to move in to second. Keith and I exchanged places a couple of times until the second lap we both got in to parabolica too hot. I locked the rears and spun it around, rejoining in 8th and finishing in 6th. I ran most of the race by myself but what drafting practice I did get was great fun. Shame I couldnt keep it on the track. Better luck next time. Thanks Eric for putting together a good race :good:.

Thanks to Eric and all who showed, it was good to see so many turn up and drive so well at this special track. Thanks for the set up tips, I looked at Adams DBR9 setup and applied some it to the vette, managed to find another 2 seconds!Showed up for practice a little late and felt like I'd brought a knife to a gun fight when I saw all the RED VIPERS blasting around at 330 kph!

Race 1) Got taken out early with a big hit from behind going into the 1st lesmo, thought it was over, but limped back to the pits for new rear wing and suspension bits. Waiting by the pit exit to rejoin the race was quite the sight and sound spectacle as the front runners blasted by, I eventually found an opening and slotted back in a lap down, trying to stay out of everyones way. Came up on Dennis at one point,( who was in 9th I think) and he was good enough to let me by once he realized I was not in contention, thanks, Finished 16th!

Race 2) I had a front row seat for the T1 accident, just got by on the low side. A couple of laps later narrowly avoided a three car pile up at the Lesmos again and eventually finished a respectable 8th. It was a pleasure to be part of this event, thanks again Eric, will look forward to the video

And a big congratulations to Yves and Kieth on their wins, looks like 77 liters was just about right!

Race Report

Firstly, a big thanks to the team at ARC and RD for putting on this event. Thanks to those that signed up and dared to brave what was a monster of a track; 25+minutes of 160+ mph averages for all racers. This is one of those events that those who raced it will talk about for a long time and those who didn’t race will wish they had. Look out for this combo again and get signed up whether it’s in Pro, Sports, or even the rarely run Extremes. Only those monsters will do this track layout justice.

Practice
Came late to practice for me and jumped in the glorious DBR9, fortunately Adam V had produced a competitive set up for it I guess that if I’d run it some more, I may have become more comfortable with the oversteer in Curva Grande, the Lesmos and Parabolica. However, it soon became evident that the car of the night was the Viper, all that low down grunt and 200+ mph outside the draft. I downloaded Keith’s set-up which interestingly was a 5+1 for the draft. I’d driven this kind of set up at KWS in ATCC seasons 1 and 2 so kind of knew what to expect. Even the ‘vette was having trouble living with the Viper!

Car was easy and stable to drive and in the 7 laps that I had available before quail, managed to get the lap time on light fuel into the mid 2:14’s as the leaders were running mid 12’s. Normal for me to be a couple of seconds down. Only time to soften the front roll bar by one click to help with the turn in

Qualifying
Never managed to get a draft during qualifying but still managed and improved 2:13 for 13th overall on the Grid.

Race 1
Reasonable start but had to back off when John Amutenya was slow off the line in front. Rather than risk the wrath of the race director by running outside the yellow cones onto the other half of the track I backed off. Once we were underway, I had that rarest of things, a clean race with only very small mistakes that didn’t really affect the result. A few highlights were 210+mph in the draft before passing Keith B into Curva Grande. Running 8th for a chunk of the race thinking, “pole, I don’t do pole”. Fortunately, for me, Adam V had run into some problems and I picked up a place for my highest finish in a “full” race in any class at RD 7th, and some points. Still on the front row, but in P2 rather than Pole.

Race 2
Poor John A found himself in the middle of a nest of snarling (or should that be hissing) Vipers at the start. I had Keith and Tyler behind me so needed a goods start to keep the pressure off. Start was OK but poor John quickly found himself engulfed into the first bank with Vipers passing left and right. Kudos to John for holding his nerve and line as this could have been a nasty one. Fair result for me, running P3, close to Keith and Tyler with a bit of a gap to Eric N. Then comes my only mistake of the whole event, with Eric N closing in the draft, I out braked my self a little into Parabolica, saved running too far into the kitty litter and rejoined the track 4 places down in P7 Eric N having passed with Stefan W, Yves and Adam close together in front also taking advantage of my beach holiday. Culley was behind in P8. Still had plenty of speed but running alone was struggling to catch the threesome in front. Culley caught me with the draft and we had a nice scrap with him passing down low on the 2 banked curve, only for me to pass back with a pass through Curva Grande. Close racing with me a little quicker through Lesmo 1&2 and some close drafting down the back straight. Unfortunately, Culley missed me braking into Parabolica and I soon found myself deep in the sand trap with no front splitter. One out and now down in P12 I tried to run a lap without the front splitter but it became evident that there was too much understeer. Pitted, replaced the splitter, got a stop and go even though I waited to accelerate until after the “click” of the limiter going off. Managed to move back up to 11 but couldn’t catch anyone as my top speed was down to 185 mph

Still, my first proper points result especially in the GT’s is quite satisfying. 2 points and 9th overall, but a little disappointed as I could have had more points but for a knock in the rear.

Like Dijon Prenais, highlights video to come.

What a disaster of an event for me.

Qual - Couldn't get the car to feel right in qual that I didn't beat my practice time with race fuel. Started 9th.

Race 1 - I agree with comments previous, there was a bit too much pushing and shoving on lap 1, it cost me as I was unlucky victim at turn 1 when I got helped into the gravel. This put me right down the order all though I did make up a few places as cars were everywhere over the rest of the lap. I had some good fights with a couple of drivers, plenty of contact but nothing stupid. I did push someone along round a corner but not into a spin and the next corner we was just about side by side and they hit me into a slide but I suppose they owed it me for pushing them along, it was great fun :) Then I caught 1 driver who everytime I got past they would brake extremely late and push me wide at the next corner, sometimes the contact sound was a loud crunch! After about the 5th time of passing the same driver and again to be pushed wide I lost 2 more places and I got to a point where I thought forget it I can't be bothered to try and pass anymore so I backed off. Finished 12th but I wish I was a bit more lucky at start as I knew I could've been a bit closer to the front.

Race 2 - This race was so boring for me, started ok and managed to just about do the whole of lap 1 without being forced off track. Then coming into the last airpin 2 cars were battling right infront of me and made contact which left me no room for avoiding. Sorry about spinning who ever it was. This put me dead last and at turn 1 I realised I had a puncture so had to cruise for a lap and pit. This put me so far behind that it was just a test session and not a race.

Congrats Adam and Podium :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years