RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Booooo, 4 tyres is better as everybody has too take 4 which keeps everybody on one strategy... :( Then you need to make sure your pitstop is 100% or you will lose out...but, please sign me up as a cinderella. If we have no rain on sunday in Cape Town i have to race rc cars so can only confirm then.
thx.

First race I got a bump that put me into the wall, aero and suspension damage, but I had made a lot of mistakes before that, so it wasn't the bump that ruined my race.

Will, appologies that was me, I'm very late braking into that corner on my braking setup and I guess that you weren't. Also appoligies to Eric Estes for the rear ending at T1 in race 2 although you seemed to head off pretty well after I'd done my pirrouettes.

Race report.

In practice I had switched to a slightly amended AMS setup for the Leon, rather than the customs chevvy set up that I'd been working on for half the week. Wend into the 23's for the first time and in 18 month's racing felt that whilst I wasn't up at the front was at least in the ballpark rather than the bleachers.

Quali, ran wide on t1 of the hotlap which put paid to another 23, drove the rest of the lap cleanly and managed 19 of 25. Not so bad consideing how close all of the times were.

Race 1, got a good start picking up places from Eric E, drove ok, usual mistakes, I really need to concentrate Harder, but it's tricky at 3AM. I think that I was up to 13th or so until I punted William Y. Dropped back to 2nd to last and fought back to 19th which is where I started. Only other incident of note was when Bob L came flying back into track off the tyres in the last turn after a coming together with Dariusz. Whacked me clean in the drivers door for a "damaged suspension" message. Good pitstop made back 1 place i think.

Race 2, was more exciting as everyone at the back got away well and cleanly. Bumped eric e gently in the rear (as it looked from the replay) going into T1 . Nice 360 to finish facing the direction of travel with "suspension damage" again. Caught up with Eric E and we had some excellent side by side racing until i ran wide and he managed to get a bit of a cushion. Picked up some places again at the pit stop again and had some good racing with Glen K swaping places a couple of times (fortunately there was no steward watching Glen's weaving) as I appeared to have greater straight line speed along the main straight and could brake later in the FWD Leon than Glen K could in the RWD BMW. Managed to pass at later on the last but one lap as Glen K appeared to be misjudge a lagging Linus and held on to keep ahead of Glen for 19th (again).

Eric: GRATZ great track choice as always. It's been a while since we've had an oversubscribed grid and that we actually have to ask reserves to leave and they don't get back in.

Gratz to all of the other racers on Friday night. It could have been really messy with high speed entry into T1 on the first lap. It shows how close we are that even on a relatively short track as this, in race 1 21 of 25 were on the lead lap and the same (21 of 24) in race 2.

Thanks to Eric E and Glen K for the great close racing!

See you all next Friday at the wonderful Mugello GP where you can race with the top 5 RD drivers!!! And some of the lower ones too!!!!

ps may work on a short "my highlights video" if i can get rid of that danm click when I create an audio project in Corel video studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 406 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 277 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 271 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%