RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Man, what a race! Some seriously intense battles up front and some very clean, close racing.

Q: Despite putting a very screwy lap in, I was happy to find myself 3rd on the grid with a 33.8. The top 4 were all within 98 hundreds of a second!

R1: Got a decent start and managed to keep my nose clean. It quickly became evident that the only way past a Vette in a Mosler here, was if the Vette made a mistake. I was all over the rear of Denis M. for the longest time, trying to keep the pressure on without taking to much risk. I soon noticed Abdul catching us and made a mistake glancing at my mirrors, allowing Abdul to slip through without a fight. Abdul soon found himself with the same problem I had been having. I new I had the pace to put it to Yves at the front, but getting around the Vette's here was a bit of an issue. Denis M., Abdul and I were nose to tail, battling hard for 2nd for a few laps now. We were super close to one another and just as I was thinking someone was bound to hit someone it happened. Abdul out braked himself at the bottom of the hill and forced Denis M. wide, allowing me to pass them both. The gap to Yves up front was in the 2-3 second range I think. I managed to close the gap with 2 to go. I applied some pressure, but was unable to find a gap. I finished 2nd just off Yves tail drenched in sweat.

R2: Starting from 2nd, I got another reasonable start and was able to maintain my position into T1. Then in T3 there was a bit of an incident involving two Vette's. Yves and I missed them by a fraction of an inch. In 5th now, I was following Tyler closely as part of a train of cars. After a few laps two of the guys up a head tangoed at the bottom of the hill moving me up to 3rd. Abdul, Tyler and I now upped the pace. Struggling to keep up through the twisty bits, Yves runs it deep at the bottom of the hill and uses me as a bump stop, I nearly spin, but manage to regain my composure. It's all good Yves, we were all pushing hard! By the time Yves and myself get back up to speed, the gap to Tyler in 2nd had opened up to nearly 4 seconds. I really started to push now, opening up a gap of over 4 seconds to Yves and closing the gap to Tyler to about 1.7 seconds. Then Abdul makes his big mistake at the bottom of the hill. Not sure if he was able to proceed after that one - looked like he had hit the bridge, getting it loose off the turn. This gifted me 2nd and I was closing on Tyler quickly. On the following lap Tyler got a little tangled with some lapped traffic and I move up to 1st. With a large gap over Yves in second I thought to myself "I can finally relax." Doh! I relaxed a little too much and as my mind wondered, I missed my braking point at the bottom of the hill. I ran straight off into the sandbox and rejoined just under 2 seconds down on Yves. I closed the gap quickly and we had a long battle to the finish line. I think the battle got more intense with each lap. We had ourselves a bit of a photo finish, crossing the line side by side. The gap between us was just .088 seconds at the line. Congrats to Yves on taking the double - I'll get you next time! :cool:

Had a lot fun and could it be that I finally broke the race 2 curse which has been haunting me since round 1 of ATCC S2? Finishing both races without any form of damage was a victory for me in itself! (*knocks on wood*) :)

Looking foward to next week at Hockenheim!

How's that for close? Yves and me sprinting for the finish line on the final lap. Good stuff! :D

Drag-for-the-finish-line.jpg

I ended up 14th overall after a 20th and 17th place finish (which I don't quite understand...). I may do a full race report tomorrow after I've watched the replays (oddly, I forgot half the stuff that happened to me just after the run), but I do wanna say I had great fun tonight. Having such a full grid is very exciting, and the GT cars have been a favorite since I bought the game.

Thanks for the race, everyone.

i'm still lazy but for this one i,ll do a full race report :roflol:

Qualy: that was my first surprise of the night, i ended up on pole with a 1:33:8xx, less then .100 was separating the first 4 guy's. thats what i call a close qualy :doublethumb:

Race 1: i knew the track pretty well and i knew that it would be very hard to make some passes so my strategie was to nail my start and still be first after T1 and build a gap as the other behind me would battle. so during warm up instead of lapping i practiced my start and it paided off cause i nailed my start and was able to maintain first place at T1. i managed to build a little gap of about 3 sec but made a little mistake and lost almost 2 sec on second place. around lap 12 Stefan was in second place and gaining fast on me but he ran out of laps and i took the win by only 0.295 at the line.

Race 2: my strategie for the second race was first to nail once again my start and avoid to get in any trouble which i succeeded and with a little help after a few laps i was in fourth place. then more surprised came, first Abdul lost and hit the bridge at the exit of the hairpin, then Tyler got in trouble with a back marker and spun giving me second place about 4 sec behind Stefan. at that point i was very happy and ready to settle for a second place finish but Stefan decided to put more spice to the race and over braked himself at the hairpin gifting me the lead around lap 10. Stefan caught back at me very fast and for the last 5 laps of the race he tried very hard to make a pass on me but i was able to hold him off to the line and took the win ( see Stefan pic of the exit of the last corner of the race ).

thanks to Eric for setting this very enjoyable event and thanks to RD for the hardware :thumbup:

Felt like a challenge this week so I went with the Sunred SR21. Was difficult to setup without it going for a spin round every bloody corner but I managed it and did a few competitive laps in it. Qualifying was okay, .6 secs of my fastest time in practice, but 11th was enough for me.

Race 1 started alright. Bit dodgy at the start putting the power down but I still did better than a couple of others ahead of me. Was very tight for the first couple of laps and I got hit coming out of the first corner. That made my car wobble so I slowed down trying to control it and got hit again which really screwed it and I had to skirt the grass and try and get going again. From there I thnik I was 14th? and I settled down behind Jarrod for something like 9 laps. I was slowing catching him up, while passing people who had pitted or gone off, but whenever I got close enough to overtake, it was just as we were going into a part where I wasn't fast enough so I kept dropping back. I eventually got close enough to attempt a passing move but Jarrod made a mistake so I passed that way into 8th.

Another race 2 and another pole :wink: Got a okay start, worse than last time but my SR21 accelerated much better than the Mosler next to me so I held 1st into the first corner. I wasn't pushing too hard which probably caused everyone to bunch up behind me and I saw someone go for a spin on lap 1. Managed to complete a lap in first place, my first ever :tongue:, but coming into the hairpin the guy behind made a move. I was looking in my mirrors so I saw it coming but I presumed that he would hold inside line so I took a fairly tight line to give him enough space but not enough to allow him to exit properly. What actually happened is I took the line but got a bonnet in my backside pushing me wide onto the grass. I hit the power to try and get going again and surprise surprise, the SR21's torque screwed me and I went into the barrier. Few laps later I caught up to a couple of BMWs fighting into the last corner. I came up on them fast and tried to go round the outside. I was obviously going to go over the kerb and as I did my car just lost it. I span, hit the BMW which somehow kept going and also a Mosler as it went past. I thought I might have caused a massive pileup but I was lucky. From lap 11-15 there was a 6 car battle for 8th which was great fun to be in. Good clean racing with some pretty tough defending from Jan and William which had me half on the grass/half on the inside tarmac and a few occasions trying to not hit them and trying to keep my foot in at the same time. I went from 14th to 9th in those laps but I didn't have enough time to catch Jan after I passed William so 9th it was.

I learned a couple things for feature reference when I drive the SR21 again:

1. Don't touch the kerbs
2. Don't get tapped

Tried to make a quick video but the replay was a bit jerky and WMM wouldn't publish the vid :confused:

evoflyergtpspa.png

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com GTPro
Track: Spa
Weather: Dry
Cars: GT Pro
Start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 25 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (Super Pole)
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2x 30 minutes

Notes:
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entry List

1. Dave Stephenson
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (SKIN)
  3. Dinca Andrei
  4. Fabio Fernandes
  5. Chris Sykes
  6. Péter Bártfai
  7. Maurice Hurkmans (SKIN)
  8. Bram Hengeveld (SKIN)
  9. Robbert Hoggins
  10. Michal Szabo (SKIN)
  11. Marius Neverauskas
  12. Freddie Besems
  13. Martin Kraaijenbrink
  14. Danny Asbury
  15. Darius Swiderski
  16. Christian Haba (SKIN)
  17. Nathan Magrath
  18. János Ócsai
  19. Tom Williams
  20. Marcin Skrzypczak
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. Ondrej Kapal.
  25. Erling Bøhmer.

Dunno if there is indeed 3 more spots to be taken...if so sign me up ;)

Edit: just tried this mod them cars are insane lol...grip grip grip. No idea how these cars go in real life however since I never driven it lol. Nevertheless I can imagine that this class will be awesome fun and close combat racing guaranteed ! :cool:

Only found that 30% of the skins look like this:

How is that possible ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years