Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

This is my second time driving with these cars. Normally I would just use a default setup, with minimal tweaking, but I couldn't keep the car on the road. After adding a lot of rear wing, I managed to actually get some laps in. I wish more guys would be brave enough to join a race with the Formula Retro.

Well, that was interesting!
Not sure whether me or Rudolph got the record for most spins in a race, but one of us certainly did.:D
But it did make spotting people much easier.....
If you didn't know where you opponent was, just look for the nearest cloud of smoke/dust. :roflmao:
Completely irreverent, and tons of fun.

A small but good crowd. Too bad for Jörn, I never would have caught him. Newer drivers in unknown cars, what could be more fun in a race :), there certainly ere spills but it was worth the time in these cars to work on driving skills.

Good chatter on TS too.

Sure, why not.
I must admit that first I thought "No thanks. If I wanted to race run-down clunkers, I'd take my 16-year old Yaris out on the freeway".
But after having tried them, I came to find out that not only are they fun, I'm not half-bad in them. *
So I'm absolutely in. Btw, @Dennis Phelan I assume it's the Brasilia Full track, correct?

Cheers,
Lars

*Not half-bad by my standards, that is. Meaning I can keep it on the track**
** Well.....Most of the time. :D

This is a brilliant combo, there have been some really close battles in the past here, like this:

I am not sure what I'm doing on Friday yet, but I'll see if I can make this.

Hy Guys, sorry for late reply. :x3:

The race was a bit of a mess for me. It started well with pole position. After a short practice I felt OK with this "new" track, so everything was fine until I noticed in the end of qualy that I can't load my race setup due to parc fermé rule. :rolleyes: (How can I notice about it when session switches to qualy?)

Ok, I got a Little frustrated knowing I had to pit the first time after 2 laps! :O_o::rolleyes: However I gave my best and I knew with my good pace it still would become a nice challenge. So on the grid I set fuel preset to what would normally have been my race fuel for a 2-stopper.

The start with a light car was easy of course and I quickly opended a gap until my extra stop in the end of lap 2. Now I was chasing the field and soon closing up to a few guys. After ~ 10 laps I closed up on @Lars Hansen. When we reached at the hairpin I thought: "Man, he's really braking early to let me fast driver through!" A millisecond later I noticed I misscounted the number plates, so I was braking one too late and smashing hard into the fence. :speechless::poop::cautious: (Don't worry Lars - absolutely my own mistake :D)

I had major damages to aero and front tyres, so I had to come in for a 75 seconds stop. I refilled to maximum, knowing it would be enough to do only one more stop with adding max fuel again. From there on it was a more or less lonly race for me only being tricky sometimes because of unlapping hopefully without harming anyone (Hope I did well, did I?). For a while I was in front of @Craig Patteson, not sure if he was faster or not. But my tyres got worn so I finally let him lap me, so I "chased" him for a while until my last stop was to come.

The second stint was evewn more about concentrating on my own and driving a solid pace. I had a littel hope to steal P3 from @Yves Larose who made a short late stop for fuel. But then his tyres were new and my ones very worn, so he brought it home with a 15 seconds gap and I finished 4th.

Big grats to @Chark for a well deserved victory and to @Craig Patteson for a great P2. Of course thx to everyone who dared to go for this long run and special thx of course to @Dennis Phelan! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%