RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow Andreas. Let me post in German: Ich Danke Dir sehr. Von Andreas zu Andreas. ;) Ich habe bis jetzt STCC 2, Race 07, GTR evo und RRE ohne DLC'S. Und ja: Nach langen Jahren der Abstinenz versuche ich , wieder online Rennen zu fahren. Wenn nicht hier, wo dann. :)
For the NON-Germans:
I have wrote: You ROCK Andrew. And I mean him. ;)

Btw for all: On Bundlestars GTL is coming at 1.20 EUR and Race Injection at 1.99 EUR. Maybe of interest?
@Andrew Boerner Will have a look at my keys and PM you.

EDIT
GTR 2 for a bargain aswell.
Thank you m8. I've got your PM. Now it's my turn to buy a wheel. After that, and a few more days of training,I am on the tracks. ;) ;)

3 personal rules I will follow out there:

When in Rome, do as the Romans.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Cheers,
Andrew
Have FUN out there. :)

Last edited:
Great fun :)

I practiced a fair bit yesterday and it paid off quite well - was quite a bit ahead in P1/2 and decided to use quals fuel aaand wait for everyone to finish so I could estimate how much risk I gotta take - made it to pole :)

Started fairly good and although Nelson was hanging on, passing on this track is.. well.. complicated, and as I was building a gap tenth by tenth, I didn't worry too much. When Nelson suffered an harder impact after the chicane, the gap grew a bit and I concentrated on staying away from the barriers and calming my front left tyre. The latter one didn't work out too good, but I still made it to the finish ;)

Starting from behind in race #2, I managed to pass Gundars and Dennis during the first laps until a small tap from Dennis spun me around - turning the car on Göteborg seems to be almost as difficult as passing ;) Managed it, went on and pushed a bit harder in order to close the gap and maintain a chance - turned out I pushed a bit too hard, as I hit the wall after the chicane somewhere in lap5/6 and broke my suspension - DNF :(
However, that allowed me to watch you guys racing, and that was quite a lot of fun... Mark vs Gundars, Nelson vs David, pack back together, Gundars vs Mark vs Dennis, Nelson breaking something, David vs Nelson, David passing Nelson in the last turn - great stuff! :D

Thanks for racing everyone, thanks for organising Dennis, see you next time!

Epic racing :thumbsup:. First race was quiet if I compare with second race,I was almost everywhere, battling in the end,then in the front ,then again in the end:D,thank's guys for great racing and sorry for some bumps ;)

WHEW! I"m glad that one is on the books. Usually we like a lot of cars on the grid but,,,,maybe the six of us was a good number :O_o:

I agree with Gundars, Race one was fun but it wasn't close. Race two was bumper to bumper and door to door for many of us and I think it's amazing that my hit on Bjorn was the worst and just about only incident in either event.

Thanks to those that came out!

This is simply unbelievable!
A Thread with only 30 reply's has almost 400 hits.
All this to keep track of six drivers that are going to the server to drive laps.
The track has 61 downloads from RD, it's available on other sites as well so many drivers have it.

What's stopping drivers from putting a few laps in on an online server and having it posted?

BTW: I check the server at 2400 GMT. pull the times and post updated laps. Times are not posted any other time. Run some laps, check in the morning to see where you are, run some laps, check in the morning to see where you are, run some.....

Heh, I actually thought that was on purpose, given the odds of not finishing one race ;)

out-of-context edit :D :

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Last edited:
This is simply unbelievable!
A Thread with only 30 reply's has almost 400 hits.
All this to keep track of six drivers that are going to the server to drive laps.
The track has 61 downloads from RD, it's available on other sites as well so many drivers have it.

Well, there might be some different reasons for it. I mean if I take notice of an event (and cause a view) it's not said I have the time and motivation (depends on car, track, etc.) to go for it. Most likely it's a matter of very rare free time. Finally the high attention should be taken as a positive thing but for you as an organizer I can understand your anger. ;) :unsure:

Thanks for the response Reik. Sorry if I came across a bit gruff but I was just trying to stir the pot and get some action out of the crowd.

Here is an event that takes minimal effort to participate in and no planning needed at all. I thought it would be great for the summer. Specials for Race 07 from Steam and other places are constantly bringing us new drivers, even after all these years. Many seem hesitant to race online, here's a great chance.

There are a few more weeks left to Summer and I think I can come up with enough fun and challenging combinations. I hope to see a few more names on the leaderboards :)

DONE:
sl-6695-bkor-01_rgb_001.jpg

http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=4...en&PHPSESSID=67b14f2409b559cb994481a1d8ab2434

Should be okay for the start, had a similar (if not technically the same, product no. sounds familiar, though it looked different) when I first began (upgraded to a DFGT shortly afterwards). However, FFB did not work in Win7/8, but according to the box displayed, that shouldn't be a problem - have fun! :)

Thanks for the response Reik. Sorry if I came across a bit gruff but I was just trying to stir the pot and get some action out of the crowd.

Don't worry mate. I have biggest respect for everyone who organizes such thigs for others in their free time. So I can understand such Feelings easily. :thumbsup:

Btw: Are you open for any addon track and car suggestions? If so, how can I check if a track or car mod is legal? Or would you like to receive such suggestions (via PM) and check it yourself? I know many great tracks wich should be fun. ;)

Btw: Are you open for any addon track and car suggestions? If so, how can I check if a track or car mod is legal? Or would you like to receive such suggestions (via PM) and check it yourself? I know many great tracks wich should be fun. ;)

i think Dennis is very open to suggestions and ok with addon tracks and cars i personaly made some request/suggestions myself to Dennis and i never got turned down and in my case i was the one doing all that needed for the event since i didn,t want to add work load to his already high duties.

As for how to determine if a track or a mod is legal it pretty easy, if its a conversion from another game you need to check if the original mod/track is made from scratch or not and if the permission to convert it as been granted by the original creator. for exemple lets take the V8 Supercars 2012 mod its ok to use it cause the original mod for rFactor as been made from scratch and the permission was granted to be converted to Race 07. anyway if you need help with that just send me a pm and i,ll be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.8%