RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks for organising this Hugo and RD - if Race On was a Battlefield Game I could at least argue that I am performing a rear guard action... but since its not I have to admit to being slow!

I don't want to add fuel to this moaning and groaning fire, but I see more and more complaints about 'race incidents' and people not waiting (THATS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GOLDEN RULE GUYS) - watched the replays last night and while I'm not naming any names one particular incident (not involving me) really got my back up - a car has contact with the car in front, the car in front starts to spin and the joker in the car behind clearly continues accelerating into him, dinking him again and pushing him all the way round, before blasting off in 5th position (note final result not 5th), leaving the spinner to loose numerous places- I don't give a f#*k if your faster and some noob is slowing you up - YOU STILL HAVE TO ADHERE TO THE RULES (as we all do irrespective of ability, speed or rank). I try my best to keep within the rules. Sure sometimes we all make mistakes and its important to bear that in mind - which is why my response to 'racing incidents' is most often 'NP' when others may get upset.

Please guys - The rules are there for the benefit of all RD'ers, to make what can often be frustrating incidents stay just that - frustrating rather than the alternative which is carnage when the frustration turns to anger and potentially everyones race gets ruined...

I know its not the RD way to bring grievances to the forums and the rules clearly state how to deal by PM with race grievances (if they bother you so much that you feel a need to complain) so please if your gonna moan do it through the right channels - but please before doing so, calm down, watch the replay (often what you thought happened in the heat of the moment can be a very different story when you watch it back), then if you still feel strongly - use the right channels.

Alternatively you could just think - "its a game, no real blood, no real broken bones, no real bent metal, no real lost championship points, no team of mechanics to pay to put it all back together, no real wait of one or two weeks to the next race - I know I'll forget about it, click on Multiplayer and move on to the next race......"

Well Im waiting for my G27 to arrive at the door so this seems like the perfect event to give the little beast a test run :D

Make sure you set the correct Centering Spring Force in Logitech Profiler! I got a DFP and spent months wondering why I was even slower than I actually am - then I realised my centering spring force in Logitech Profiler was 75% - thought 'allow game to adjust settings' would deal with this - it doesn't so for months I was fighting a centering spring (makes 900 degrees of rotation almost unusable) - then I turned it down to 15% - I'm still slower than most, but I have gone back up to 900 degrees, am more accurate on steering and my shoulders ache less.....

YVes I like the idea and had in fact thougth about a couple of these cars as well. I liked the Saleen MUstangs and can definitely use them at Bridgehampton.

in GT Pro too may guys have to many hours in other cars to make it fair to them to be in a viper or Vette only other wise I would do it in a second!

thanks for the suggestions!

BTW - I WILL be slow tonight its almost 2pm and I have not even seen this track yet, let alone driven on it. I have things to do that will take it to after 5pm before I will be able to get in game..... so I hope RD will consider a bonus point system for slowest lap time and number of blue flags collected....!

I have made minor changes to the American week schedule after Yves made a couple of suggestions to enhance the weeks activities!

I had forgotten how much fun the SALEEN MUSTANG SE cars are to drive! so they are in the schedule and the test at Bridgehampton was excellent!

Good suggestions, Yves. I'm not a huge fan of the DTM's, so the change to the Mustangs works for me. :D

Also, I know KW Superspeedway isn't American, per se, but we could run the US Muscle Cars there. That would be cool.

Keep up the great work! Love the Nationality Week idea and Lottery idea!

We generally try to avoid using the Race On content, because quite a few of the guys still don't have Race On, hell, there are quite a few of you out there that still don't have STCC. When setting up these events we try to take these things into consideration. We want full grids, so we do our best to try and find track/car combos that peak your interest. Unfortunately some of the in-game cars, such as the production cars or the smaller open wheel classes aren't that popular amongst the masses.

With that being said, we try to keep an open mind and suggestions are always welcome here in the ARC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%