RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that went better than expected :) Had quite a few laps in quite a few GTS cars as I wanted to drive something else before settling on the Sunred for this race (and maybe skin it for future races ;)).
As mentioned above, the Spyker was glued to the road, but not as fast. The Mosler I went with for P1 was quite nice, but still, not as nice as the Sunred, so back to the SR21, it was - and I wasn't alone, as both @Nelson Ullinskey and @Arunas Linkevicius (who got in late, again - and picked up awesome pace, anyway, again ;)) got into one, as well - making it quite the brands' clash with the BMW's, leaving @Joe Cannarozzo as what would likely be a privateer racer in the real world ;)

Anyways, while I had better speed than what was my quals lap, I "only" managed to qualify in P3, but that turned out to be alright as I had a great start into race #1, passing both Nelson and @Peter Ell, who had a rather sub-par start:
BuQzKPF.jpg

With Peter maintaining P2 (Nelson went for a short outdoor adventure), that made for a nice battle in the first few laps as Peter put on quite some pressure - fortunately for me, @James Wilson was gaining time and soon got Peter involved into a battle costing them time.
He got by after a while, though - and I suspected this might get interesting...
aCRwGNo.jpg

During the next few laps, James closed in on me and we had a great battle all the way to the finish, rarely staying more than 1.5s apart throughout the remainder of the race - apart from a small off onto the grass (that he accompanied me at :D), I managed to keep the car on the road and brought it home.
8M41lKd.jpg

Starting into race #2 from behind, I once again started fairly good and gained a few places, but with some action into turn 1, I held back
gi12dGd.jpg

Picking up speed again, I got by @Reggie Blain Snr and @Dennis Phelan in L1 and L2 respectively:
ePCdBgx.jpg

The next few positions were pretty much handed over as both James and Arunas had a small off a few laps later and, after a while of driving around all alone, Nelson spun out right after the chicane.
0wjzX9A.jpg

With Joe in P1 and Peter right in front of me, I was now in 3rd place and Peter and I got a nice battle going and with my car handling the now-degrading tyres a bit better (I think), I gained millisecond per millisecond up until the very last turn - got by him on the inside, though I wasn't too sure about a small contact approaching the turn, so I tried slowing down, but so did he, so there's that :)
EouqLp5.jpg

Thanks for racing everyone, thanks for organising Dennis - see you (likely) next week! :)

I knew it that straight jump in without any practice will not end good, but I was looking to have some fun.
And it was :)
R1.
Plan: slow and easy.
Reality: was learning the track and used other drivers mistakes to my advantage.
Result: Quite good result P4 (I think)

R2.
Plan: no mercy!
Reality: several good battles, a lot of action in and out of the track
Result: final on the grid (I think)

Thanks for racing!

R2.
Plan: no mercy!

Yep you definitely delivered that plan ahaha. All joking aside i was very happy with last night's racing to be honest. Race one i started 4th and charged my way up to second where me and @Björn Golda had an awesome battle, keeping each other honest at all times, at one time we tapped each other a little bit but no biggie. Finished 2nd at my home track which was awesome and was happy. Race 2 happy was very dissapointing. I hit @Arunas Linkevicius twice (sorry about that buddy) it was just i started at the back and i was being aggresive because i felt i still had a shot at a podium. There was a major 3rd time lucky contact between me and arunas which actually flipped me over and caused some damage ahaha. Couple laps later i barreled it into the wall which helped Dennis and Reggie :D, Again nice racing guys, congrats to the winners and podium finishers, i am overall happy with the evening! :p :D :inlove: :)

Well, was a fun race because of Golda. Nice batle and made me sad seeing u went off. My move on T1 was not correct (bad judjment from low experience driver) and when i reallise that, i just was concerned to let space outside the track for u to pass. Sorry about that.
At the end, saw u gaining time to me and at the finish it seems fair to let u pass, as u diserve it!

Short race report here, with a successful result ;):thumbsup:

Qualified third, I showed up earlier than usual to practice (about half an hour before official practice began). Track was easy enough to learn, and was near the top of the charts when everyone showed up.

Had a brief off in the first turn of the first lap... this is becoming tradition for me :laugh:. Lost a spot to Nuno whom I passed on the back stretch one the very same lap. I soon settled into a nice rhythm as I saw I would be unable to catch Matthias and Reggie. Pit stop was very smooth, and had two offs at turn four late in the going, but I was able to save it both times. I brought it home in third which I consider spectacular considering how many fast guys this race had :thumbsup:!

And for anyone who is wondering, I used default setup with steering lock increased to 16 degrees, and bias moved to 58 in the front. Considering my result as opposed to Bjorn's, maybe I am the faster and more consistent driver :D

No practice at all, no setup. Just arrive 5 min before qualify so race tactic would be go with carefull 100%.
Because of that i was surprised by getting 5th (i guess) in qualify.
The race start was fine althout some gaining and losing positions :-P
After that, got the 4th place and been there alone for so long that i fall asleep. So made a mistake and Alex took it away for me.
As i was going mad after him, one driver from the back got in the midle and didnt help. No problem what so ever, but could be a happy ending
Congrats winner and all drivers!

2NrcItY.gif

Thanks for the big grid, everyone (especially considering we're running a mod track!) - looking forward to the numbers we'll hopefully reach with next week's Monza events :)

Not gonna go into a long race report, still gotta get some stuff done for the weekend and my race wasn't that spectacular ;)
Hadn't trained at all since I didn't really expect to make it, so off into the cold water it was - with Nelson mentioning he was running the default setup and my own one being a bit too unstable for the track, I decided to give the default a go, too.
Worked pretty alright in P1/Q/warmup, not with the fastest guys, but still hanging on to the upper third of the grid ;)
However, I didn't pay attention to gears much (they seemed alright, same as with my setup, so why worry) and other than checking for presence, I didn't care much about my tyres, as well - big mistake, as I was missing massive top speed on the straights and my tyre temps were slightly off, as well - whoops.
Still, I had a few nice (short) battles with those passing and longer one with Reggie Snr towards the end of the event :)

See you next week :)

...maybe I am the faster and more consistent driver :D

Well, I was consistently slow ;) (..and haven't hit a wall in a while :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%