RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

evoflyer.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment WTCC
Class: SEAT Toledo Cupra 06
Track: Padborg park v 0.95 (Download)
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (19:00GMT)
Qualification: 15 minutes (SuperPole)
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 2 x 25 minutes
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts (19:25 GMT). If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Drivers:

1. Yuri Braham
  2. Ondrej Kapal
  3. Michael van Scheppingen
  4. Barry Morse
  5. Dan Allinson
  6. Nathan Magrath
  7. Murat Erdogdu
  8. Mustafa Gungor
  9. Ross Balfour
  10. Wesley Hartog
  11. Oliver Wickens
  12. Simon Gardner
  13. Chris Sykes
  14. Jesper Taulborg
  15. Hampus Jansson
  16. Joao Borges
  17. James Fellows
  18. Matt Clark
  19. Ethan Bass
  20. Ariel Doman
  21. Reggie Blain
  22. Jakob de Boer
  23. Thomas Lee
  24. Aristide Romanov
  25. Frans Linden
Reserve:
Mark Guy

wow, that track is awesome. fun racing all! hey larry, i thought u were going to stay off the side of the track or the far left of the track surface...i would have avoided you but i found you coming across the middle of the track. wasn't much i could do once i realized u were coming across.

Wow what a race. That was tons of fun. Thanks Eric for the setup and setting the entire event up!!! You da man.

Okay, quick report: Quali session was just okay until my last lap and I nailed a low 56 (I think). Was sitting 3rd and then someone snaked in under me just before the bell rang for warmup! 4th will do just fine.

Race 1 was pretty uneventful for me. The first lap was mostly all the action I saw all night. The first 3 had a slight lead on me after T1 and T2 but I caught them as expected in the bricked hairpin. I began breaking early and lightly so as not to lose the backend and I saw some chaos ensue behind me. That about sums up my race. The top 3 go ahead and battle it out and I was left to try to catch Eric Nelson getting his lead down to around 4 seconds at one point midway thru. 3 mistakes later he wins by 10 plus seconds. My lead over 5th place was mostly pretty comfortable so I just ran a conservative last few laps to ensure my spot.

Race 2 a different story!!!! One of my most exciting races ever!! I begin in 5th place and hold 4th coming out of T1. 2 of the leaders took eachother out in T2 and I got some significant contact but must not have done any serious damage. Now, the survivor was Glen Kablis. He has about a second lead on me after the hairpin and the race that ensued for the next 9 laps was just awesome. One would make a mistake and the other would capitalize and then viceversa. After checking the tape, Glen led about 8.5 of the first 10 laps and I lead the other lap and a half. On lap 10 at the hairpin, I took the turn cautiously and he must have nailed it because he closed on me quickly and barely tapped me sending me spinning. I'll readily admit that I was pretty inconsistent on this particular time through the hairpin turn. Just one of those frustrating incidents that took out both leaders (since he adhered to our gentleman rule of pulling over and waiting which cost him 5 spots I believe). Back on track in 4th and in a heap of trouble with Claudio, Eric and basically the whole pelaton riding together. Claudio passed me and I ended up getting it back when he spun out at the undulating righthander just before the long back stretch... you all know the one!!!!

4th and 4th with an * that I was leading and also ran the fastest lap of R2 which is very encouraging for me. I've long been scrapping trying to get competitive with you aliens up front. Hopefully I can make this a more regular occurence.

Props to my friend Jeffrey Anderson for joining us for his first RD race. Please give him some grace and welcome him to the family. He's a great guy.

Great racing Glen, hope to meet you again somewhere soon!! And thanks for waiting after the tap. That's what RD is all about bro.

S'okay, Dustin. That was partly my fault too. I took that turn a bit too...something. Wasn't much you could do.

Had a blast tonight, guys. Qualied better than I expected and got some close racing laps in before incidents in both races sent me to the pits for repairs. After that, both runs were kinda lonely.

Important lesson: If you're fixing aero damage, you may as well put on new tires. Something I'd done to 'em in race 2 affected me the rest of the race, and had I just switched 'em in the pits, I might've had better lap times, at least.

Love this track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back