RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I took time yesterday to prepare a car. I made so many changes, I can't tell you and only at the end when I added wing did I get any result. I was worried it was the wrong thing to do and that maybe I just had a good couple of laps but I was going t o stick with it.

I screwed up my first attempt for a time but got it as good as I could for the grid.

I lost out at the launch but into turn one there seemed to be some uncertainty so I threaded the needle to make up for the slow start. I thought Peter and nelson took a slow first lap , then on L2 they started to wander away. Coming up about half way, Arunas was on my back but he slipped slightly and I could breathe. But then, I had a spin and lost to him, quickly getting back on track. Fernando was closing at the end but the gap increased on the last lap, safe!

I don't think there was a lot of tight fights going on ever but fun cars on a fav track, nice drive!
Thanks to all for attending!

Got a good start and for the most part believe I was lapping at a similar pace to Arunas and Dennis, but lost time through various spins of those evil curbs.

If anyone's interested, here's the livery I was running (at least on my screen.)

800px-Black_Cats_Formula_BMW_Testing.jpg

Here's hoping for a much better evening in the Minis tonight.

Had to retire early with force feedback issues. It was like I lost everything except for input from the curbing. Tried to disconnect while in the pits, but then the wheel would not respond at all. Had a fast car too, so I feel bummed out about all this. Hope it was a fun race for the rest of you guys and I look forward to next week.

Well, although that was a nice race, the report's gonna be a short one compared to my usual stuff ;)

Practice sessions went very well so I opted to not go into quals with race fuel this time - turned out to be the right choice as I snapped pole position on my last lap with only 2 thousands to Peter.
Started fairly well, Peter was on my bumper but couldn't get beside and soon lost three-ish seconds while battling Nuno. We went into pits in the same lap without changing too much, still 3.X seconds at pit exit.
I struggled for the first half lap afterwards but regained pace and actually managed to build a gap of about 8 secs until the finish line. Still, great fun as I was under constant pressure knowing there was a guy behind me about as fast :)

Thanks for racing guys, thanks for organising, Dennis!

edit: setup in case anyone's interested

Attachments

• BG Mini Dry.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 229
@Radek Bialek A few of stuck around after the race to answer your question.

Some drivers had Blue Flag warnings on the first lap or at some point. This is a well know bug and usually happens when a driver comes into a race grid with less than 30 seconds to the start. Today we had one driver not make the grid and at least one other join with seconds to spare, this is probably what caused the problem. For this reason RD events are run using only the Black flag. Once you see a Black flag, it's game over. You usually get this if you do not stop for a SnG. Yellow flags are not meaningful in RD events either.

David, Alex and I started another race, the two of them took off on a lap and I stayed on the main straight to wait. After they passed me[putting me a lap down] I pulled ahead and instantly got blue flag warnings. I got repeated blue flag warnings, over and over but was never DQ'ed for it.

When this happens in the future, just ignore any blue flag warnings that happen on the first lap, unless you were lapped! it will be annoying audio but you can continue racing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to rework a n older setup and actually took two seconds off my time doing it. Maybe the '10 track both needs the changes and is faster!

Q could have been a few tenth's better but wouldn't have gotten me anything so, happy to race.

My gearing had me slow on the launch but I got to T1 and T2 alright and was right in the game. Moving up, Damo[Damian to those not on TS] hanging in and Alex goes by. Good first lap stuff! A good chase with Alex to David and Damo still there. Though Damo is right there I pit at the first chance for two lefts and I'm clear of everyone for a bit.Rakek comes out of the pit right behind me and easily passes me, then Nuno. Alex come out and I spin at T5 for him. All tough racing, nice to have! Valeerio and I remain in a tight, back and forth race all the ay to the end. My going wide at theend of the back straight gives him the lead and he respectfully makes it a close finish at the line. Good Stuff :thumbsup:

414902RetroCoolFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TIME
Car: Retro Cool [Mini Cooper S, Volvo P1800ES excluded]
Track: Machwerk 67 [download here]
Weather: Dry
Games: Retro Pack

This event will start when the servers is put up on Monday and will run through Friday.

This is a special, fun Time Trial Event. Run the course as many times during the week as you like, drive either or both of the cars. There is no entry list, posting a lap time on the server enters you. Drive to improve your time as much as you like over the week. Lap times will be recorded and posted at least once a day in this post.

The Start/Finish line is after pit out so your first lap WILL count! As always before a Qualifying session, Good Luck to all and have fun.

Feel free to post setups in this thread!

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Please do not post your lap times in the thread.
They will be pulled from the server race results and posted below.
(the suspense will be good)

Volvo Amazon
Peter Ell 8:14.894
Arunas Linkevicius 8:15.650
Yves Larose 8:18.206
Radek Bialek 8:21.516
Dennis Phelan 8:25.606
Gasper Grebenc 8:40.385
Björn Golda 8:52.178
Srinath Sundareswaran 9:19.562
Bob Miley 9:27.857

BMW 2002