RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: Not too bad, 7th.

Race: A poor start saw @Reggie Blain Snr beat me into turn 1, but I got a better exit and tried to find some space to punch through the midfield scrum. Nudged @Nelson Ullinskey into turn 2, but I think he got through OK; I ran wide and fell to 11th :( Quickly got back to 10th, passed Reggie Snr a lap or two later when he ran wide out of turn 2, then spent an eternity trying to get past @Dennis Phelan! When I did finally get past him, I did so twice in the same corner :D I'll get a video up over the weekend. Into the pit window, Dennis still on my tail, we pit at the same time. I went for fronts only, Dennis for all four, so I easily left before him. Somehow jumped 3(!) people as the pitstops unfolded. @Kevin Bradley tried to chase me down in the last few laps, but I just held on to finish a rather well-earned 5th :cool:

Quali: Brilliant achieved 4th!

Race: In fairness very poor. T1 made it into 3rd and was going great! soon got overtaken as i wasnt quick enough though eventually dropped to 5th which i was happy with.
Then came the Pitstop, disaster on my behalf! Pit Crew did great then i made the rookie error! speeding in the pitlane. Got inpatient with how slow it was came out in 7th i think but had to take my stop and go which set me back to 10th and soon grabbed 9th.
Not bad, should have finished further up in my opinion

That was a good pack of cars, times were pretty close, good driving for what I saw.

Good fortune through the beginning of the race put me in a position to hold off Dave Morley for what seemed like forever, no contacts between us and we both pitted on the same lap after he passed me. Dave gained an advantage, maybe he took 2 tires[?] to my 4 but that put him too far away. Kevin Bradley came out of the pit right in front of me and slowly pulled away but it was wan trying to catch up with him, which I never got to do. Even though I had taken 4 tires Damion caught me up and passed me to pull smartly away when my feet couldn't find the right pedals in the middle of a corner. That was another good event in a race full of them for me! Thanks to all for attending!

10 out of 12 drivers on TS, thanks for that!
For those not able to attend our two fun events next week a Merry Christmas to you!

Well that was probably my most uneventful mini club race so far (but still tonnes of fun!!!). :D

Qualified 6th which I was pretty happy with. Was fortunate to get up to fourth after a couple of cars ran wide at turn 2 at the bottom of the straight. I then got slowly shuffled back after a few scruffy laps and faster guys like nelson coming back through.

I pitted for four tires and emerged just in front of Dennis. He pushed me hard for a couple of laps until I found my rhythm and slowly pulled a gap. I was running 6th by this point. With time running out I was starting to catch Dave Morley, who looked like he was beginning to struggle with grip. In the end I just ran out of laps to catch him, so I finished a respectable 6th.

If only I could be a few tenths quicker each lap!!! ;)

Good race tonight and I wish everyone a merry Christmas :thumbsup:

Jumped in without any practice and put down a quick time before qualifying. Managed to grab second, and had an off in the first turn of the race. Dropped back to sixth, and put the charge on for the podium. I eventually got around Reggie Blain as some inconsistency allowed him to drop back. Very happy with the result and race, Merry Christmas everyone!!

So, short comment to GT Club event.

Q: I was sure it's superpole, so I had fuel just for one lap, later I realized everybody is still on the track, so I came back to pits and began second, last stint. However, I didn't have good laps and took P6, while I was expecting P5.

R1: I started veery well, managed to get 3 positions up and made crazy maneuvre driving into the gap between @Björn Golda and @Nelson Ullinskey in Norra while braking, big difference of speed was involved, so I'm glad everybody was okay after that:

Later, riding P3, I was caught by Björn and we had very close fight for about 4 laps, finally he was better and quickly worked out a few seconds gap. There was some drift-style ride by me while defending :D

Next, I was easily passed by Nelson, who was tremendously quicker! It wasn't possible to defend P4 and I ended up fifth.

R2: P5 on the grid and another great start, quickly took P2, but then even quicker I was passed by 3 cars. A bit later, they had some problems while fighting and for a moment I was back on the podium, however @Jonny McCarthy grabbed it from me when my tyres started to be like "goodbye, Mr. Kajstura" :cry: Unfortunately, this race was without Björn who seems to be in my pace for certain stage of race, the rest is too fast or too slow :sneaky:

To sum up, I'm happy, beacuse of my succesful laps 1, and because of finish positions better than in qualifying.

Can I get this right? Crown Plaza and the vectra's no longer work? I wondered where they had gone. Does any one know why?

edit: Forget it. Got it working. :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Wow , what a difference it makes to be able to achieve some more mid grid lap times , after last week and now this week , I definately feel like I'm racing proper now.
Qualifying : 11 of 12 : After daydreaming and watching others set their times I realised I only had about 4 mins to set my own time. So I off I went and duly spun off at the 2nd bend on my 1st lap :laugh:
With no time left , I made for the kitchen to get my race fluids ready. Unlike others who were more concerned with another room in the house to 'get rid of some weight' , some people will do anything to win! :p
The Race:
Being the gentleman that I am , I let Matthias passed at the startas I didnt want to hold him up :whistling::p.
After about 3 laps I was still behind Dennis and Co. when on the 2nd corner I was caught out by some early braking . To avoid taking Dennis out again like I did last week I rolled into the gravel and then came back on after the next bend. Now in 12th I had navigate past Alex P , which I think I did without any nudges or paint scraping , then it was on to try and catch Dennis & Co. Gradually I was making up time , I think the only place I was trimming my time was on the 2nd horseshoe coner with the banking , hence it took a while.
By the time Dennis pitted I was within about 1 second and I think I gained about 0.5 in the pit lane. Upon leaving I was able to continue clawing back vital 100ths on the banked corner when finally my time arrived !!!!!! My 1st ever successful pass of Dennis. Getting toward the end of the race now and unfortunately as Dennis said he mis-pedalled and slid off leaving me about a 6 sec gap with which to secure my 7th place. Although in hindsight I think ( as Rob Corvey did for me last week ) I should have let Dennis catch up again so we could race to the line , next time.

Overall , chuffed to have actually 'raced' to get my 7th place rather than being given it through others mistakes , even though that is part of the race of course.

Cheers

Damo :D:D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back