RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Look at the dust fly 39 seconds into the video :confused: what a quality replay, the shine on that car :inlove:, oh that's right it was made from a fantastic but unloved racing sim :sick:

The few of us that got online had a really great time for two hours. Shoulda, coulda, woulda but you weren't.

I'm in...

I'm very sad today...

Dennis, I want to tell you that I know how you feel... In my life, I know what a "loss" means and I'm sure that for you this club meant a lot. My relationship with the "internet" wasn't exactly great. Talking and driving with people all around the globe was something new and pristine for me. I learnt a lot from you guys and especially from you Dennis.
I learnt what an effort and giving help means, patience, devotion and trying to keep a "balance" between people with different cultures and temperament. (like my "Greek" temperament which sometimes was misunderstood.)

Some of you, felt like a "part of my family" . I never did anything in purpose that might have bothered you and you have all of my love. I don't know if we'll ever drive all together again and I would be really thankful if you could tell me an other game or server or something... where we'll all be together again. (I think Bjorn can help me with that.) Please...

I'm very sad today...
but the song in my video says, someone is born in the endless night and not that someone dies. This means that a new day will start "tomorrow"...
When something is finished a new one is starting... I hope to see you all somewhere "renewed"

I dedicate this video to all and especially to you Dennis as a little "proof" of my sympathy. (I hope everyone enjoys it, I made it a bit "quick")

Whether I lose some of you or even all, I wish you the best in your lives.

(Video is not set public)

Thanks @Dennis Phelan , @Björn , @John Grant , @Arunas , @Nelson Ullinskey , @ajokay , @Damo @Reggie Blain , @Matthias , @Aaron Channer , @Reik Major , @H34d5h07

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, nice work! :)

I would be really thankful if you could tell me an other game or server or something... where we'll all be together again. (I think Bjorn can help me with that.)
Certainly can (try to ;))! So... as far as the RD racing business goes, most of us seem to be moving to Stock Car Extreme, a game built on the same engine as R07 & rFactor1 (which means if your PC can run R07, it will very likely be able to run this), though heavily optimizing and modifying it to the point where it might just be witchcraft :D
The game features quite a range of cars, both Touring cars and Minis being amongst them, which should give us all an easy entry before pursuing one of the many open wheelers available as well.
It also comes with quite a range of tracks, mainly Brazilian ones as well as historic versions of Montreal, Imola or Johannesburg - in addition to that, it's just as mod-friendly as R07 is, so there's plenty of fresh supply out there.
In conclusion, it's pretty brilliant in just about each component you can think of, apart from the graphics department, where I'd say it's "okay"-"good" (apart from the HUD, the HUD's atrocious, really) when compared to proper next-gen sims like AC or pCARS, but that's what to expect, given the engine used. Everything else, physics, sounds, FFB, AI is among the best the industry has to offer right now, and with that in mind, the price is a bargain at 30 USD / 28 EUR over at Steam.

If you want to try it first, you can download a 60 minute full demo over at their website, as well as a 30-day limited demo. I think you can also buy the game through their Launcher, which will, however, not grant you a Steam key anymore.

For the sake of transparency and completeness, other alternatives are Assetto Corsa (Racing Club), rFactor 2 (Racing Club) and the soon-to-be-released-unless-it-gets-rescheduled-again Project CARS (Racing Club), all looking a bit nicer, but all not quite "there" yet IMHO.

So, if you want to keep on racing (some/most of) us at RD, I'd recommend getting Stock Car Extreme.

I don't know how to make tire wear x2, thought it was in the DS but it's not, but mandatory pit stops are still on.
Just enabled both 2x tyre wear & 2x fuel consumption, wasn't too sure about the latter, though we can easily disable that pre-start if it's not desired :)

For future referenc...umm... anyways, you'd have to set it manually in the DedicatedServer.ini at Documents\SimBin\Race 07\ and then restart/reconfigure the server without changing those values (they will display as blank fields).

It will now display as 0x/0x on the server list, but is, in fact, 2x (Anderstorp: ~1.5l/lap vs. ~3.1l/lap / ~99% on the tyres after the outlap vs 97-98%)

I thank you ...Björn Golda.
I am very honored to have met you.
You know... your "byword" from me is "pure gentleman" and you prove it at every opportunity you're given.

I'm thankful for your info and I'll try to use them wisely and keep in touch with you guys.

Thank you again.

Peter Ell
. Φίλε μου. Σας ευχαριστώ για τα καλά λόγια? ξέρετε ότι μερικές φορές στη ζωή ενός ατόμου που συναντάς το ξεχωριστό πρόσωπο που έκανε μια εντύπωση, ακόμα κι αν δεν μιλάμε πολύ, εκεί ήταν σιωπηλή προκειμένω είχα για σας, 1, προκαλούν σας είναι μια καλή racer 2, είστε, επίσης, ότι μεγάλη αθλητή, ακόμα κι αν αυτό είναι απλά ένα παιχνίδι, κάνατε να σας προσωπική αγώνα αιτία εκεί ήταν παρούσα ανακοίνωση , Ευχαριστώ φίλε μου, ξέρω ότι στο μέλλον θα μπορούμε να αγώνα και πάλι, σε ακραίες στοίβα αυτοκίνητα. Για το βίντεο σας συγχαίρω και σας ευχαριστώ από την καρδιά μου, αυτό δεν είναι κούφια λέξη είμαι δακτυλογράφηση, αλλά προέρχεται από το εσωτερικό μου εαυτό σας χαιρετώ

Ohhh @Peter Ell you have made sad everybody here.. :( Thanks for Your good words..
Our small R07 community was and still is very friendly.. And I still believe that we will find and join each other in other game communities at RD. We just need to change our beloved R07.. It's very sad, because it was my first sim which I've started my races in multiplayer and it changed my sim racing world. I've never had local friends which I could play via internet or even interested in sims.
And never thought that I can find such a good friends from all over the world - THANK YOU ALL and RaceDepartment for changing my life ;)
I'll stick here undoubtedly. Just I need to decide which sim I'm gone to choose. I was always interested in rally more that track racing, but I love side by side racing too now :D So I'm a little bit confused..

Well I was hoping to be able to make tonight's farewell event, but unfortunately family commitments mean I am unable to race. :(

I know I'm a relative newcomer to the RD Race 07 Club, but I would just like to thank Dennis and Bjorn for organizing events since I have been coming along. It's been fun!!

I wish you all a fun packed event tonight - make sure Race 07 goes out with a bang :)

Bjorn - thanks for posting the info about Game Stock Car Extreme. If it seems that is where the majority of you guys are heading then I will most likely make the investment and I hope to be racing with as many of you as possible in the near future.

Dennis - In the thread for Monday's race you mentioned the love you have for the Nordschleife. I would just say that if your PC can handle running Assetto Corsa (even on lowest settings) then I would definitely take a look at that title and the DLC dreampack they recently released. Whilst Assetto Corsa is a long way from the finished article in terms of a full racing sim (IMHO), the version of the ring they recently released is just awesome!!!

Anyway, it's been great racing with you guys - hopefully I will meet you all on the track again soon (maybe in Game stock Car Extreme) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Kevin

What a nice set of events to put an ending to a story that was written for 8 years :)

Long qualifying sessions, doubled tyre & fuel usage... so many unusual things, and still no way of getting past Nelson in Qualifying - might've done it at Macau, but just like me, he had another five tenths lying around somewhere.

Anderstorp turned out to be an okay race - a bump'n'off early in got me too far behind to see much action until the pitting phase, when Peter suddenly lost loads of time and turned up behind me - although I couldn't pull open a gap, he didn't make the pass and P5 it was.

The final race however was brilliant - starting from 2nd with a really long 5th & 6th gear, I hardly held the position but just made it, going into T3 - had another one of those fine battles with Nelson all the way to the pitting phase. On my pit-in lap, I then foolishly clipped the chicane which cost me a few seconds and got Arunas by.
After both Nelson and him went in for new tyres a lap later, I got by Arunas again, though not for too long as he got past a few laps down, after yet another nice fight. Towards the end, I struggled with my aging tyres and concentrated on bringing home P3 without losing one of them ;)

Thanks for the great racing, guys - not just today, but during all of what has been roughly one and a half year for me. Thank you for the countless battles, the nerve wracking side-by-sides and the wonderful chatter on TS. Thanks for organizing so, so many events, Dennis (and Justin!), and thanks for filling them up, everyone else!

So here we are then, slowly driving the Minis to the Parc fermé one last time... or are we?
Stock Car Extreme's looking to be the go-to alternative to R07 and considering so many of us are set on going over there, I'm sure we'll meet again. And in Minis, as well, since SCE features them too :)
Apart from that, there are of course other venues still offering Race 07 action - if you'd prefer some of that every now and then, feel free to join Alex, April, myself and many new faces voices (though they do meet up, or so I've heard...) in casual Tue/Fri races or some league action over at RlyRR, we'd be delighted to see you joining in!

...and on that bombshell, it's time to end!

There's some really nice music playing in the background but I'm too Neanderthal to be able to present it well. That's why I needed someone like Björn to help keep thing's rolling along. Thanks for the help when I needed it Mr Golda.

For me, six years and two days worth of racing in just one club, the RD Race 07 club. A couple of public's thrown in every once in a while, especially when there was a free pass for a Nord's run.In the past RD logged driver usage, in my second year here I had over 35.000 kilometers driven just one the RD servers. A number of years would show the same result if those records were still kept. I don't drive that much in the real world, even when I take a trip across America and back. Certainly this wasn't my first sim, it's just one that was nice to tango with and I hope the next ones are as easy to partner as this one was. I hope to find the same quality of people behind the wheel that I've always found here.

So many drivers booked passage on this sim, some came in great and left after conquering, others rose to the quality they were exposed to. I just kept pushing my race engineer to get me a better car and though he did, it never helped. The Club always provided challenges and drivers to push their limits. During it's life it was represented by some excellent staff and drivers that have made it into the big leagues as well as drivers in F1 using it for "fun and relaxation". I didn't get to see it all but I saw enough to know that this was a great run for a very nice racing simulation. I'm hoping to see you on track in the future.

Apart from that, there are of course other venues still offering Race 07 action - if you'd prefer some of that every now and then, feel free to join Alex, April, myself and many new faces voices (though they do meet up, or so I've heard...)

Too right!!...

CCU2cQqWIAAMoMK.jpg

The Anderstorp race was a lot of fun. I was thoroughly surprised to be keeping up with who I consider 'the fast guys'. For the first half of the race I was battling with Reggie. After a slow couple of laps before my pit stop, Arunas just got ahead of me as he left the pits a couple of laps later, and we swapped positions for 3rd right up until the last lap where I lost a second or so whilst adjusting the brake balance. SO much fun guys, thanks for that. Shame Bjorn got turned around early on, else he'd have been right there too.

Race 2 at Macau. Well, it's not a track I like, and find it impossible to be consistant on, so it wasn't as much fun. I ran alone for the most part, and received a stop/go for speeding in the pit lane.

Still. Anderstorp was one to remember.

I've only been here with you guys for a year, but it's been gret fun when I've been able to make the races. I know for certain I'll race some of you again, and I hope to race the rest of you sometime in the future, wherever that may be.

The races were very fun, I had more speed than I had anticipated in Anderstorp. Arunas and Bjorn really made things interesting in Macau, if that race was a lap longer, I think Arunas would have got me.

A year and a half ago when I got my license here at RD, I was just looking for a place to race. Instead, I found much more. I found racers who were respectful, helpful, and above all else, people who ended up being great friends. They say it's the journey, not the destination that's important. And what a journey it has been. Thank you all for the wheel to wheel racing, setup advice, chatter on team speak and friendship. Hopefully we see each other soon, and until then I wish you all the best.

Sorry i didnt make it guys , after fixing the bolt on my steering wheel , the bloomin downshift flappy gave in lol. Didnt have time to strip it down and sort it. May have to buy a new wheel if i cant , be back as soon as poss for the new game .

Cheers Damo

Well i've taken it apart and i thinks its the micro switches . Ordered what i think is the correct ones and soon it will be time to get out the soldering iron :ninja: :roflmao: . After that , it'll probably be a new wheel.

Damo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline