RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I just had a few practice runs, and at first I was 100% sure I was going to use the Saleen. However, I have some issues with locking up the breaks (at normal breaking points) and if I decrease the pressure on the breaks, I simply will not break enough to stop the car. No idea what causes this. Also, my rear tires are getting overheated after 2 laps. I decreased the tire pressure and fiddle around with the bumps, but to no avail.

So I gave up on the Saleen ( shame really, since I was able to reach inhumane top speed :D) and went back to my old mistress, the C6R. Much more stable, and much better breaks. No overheating tires so far, but we see. Was not able to reach the same top speed, but fairly close. So, with all this said and done, I'm sticking to the Vette :inlove::inlove:

Welp.. GTC last week, great start, the end in T2. GTP today, great start, the end in T2 :(

First things first, had quite some spare time the last afternoons and managed to get used to the Saleen - managed to qualify 3rd although Dennis was slightly faster in the practice sessions (but on race fuel and too close to some walls during Quals ;)).

Had another good start and managed to pass Daniel. Apparently, my brake point into T2 was quite early compared to you guys, so Daniel was about to pass, when Nelson, who seemed to have braked later as well, bumped into me - I spun, hit one of those.. remarkably deathly metal poles ;), suffered suspension damage and, what was worse, lost the rear wing.
While I tried to make it to pits, the car was beyond controllable without the wing, resulting in a punctured front tyre right before Indianapolis.
Decided to call it quits there before becoming a danger while potentially being lapped later ;)

Still, I got to like the Saleen and managed to get somewhat consistent with it, so keep those GTx events coming :)

Corvette > ALL! :D:D

This could had been a epic race. I got an awful start, not bad in itself since the Vette's RPM meter goes only to around 7, before it over-revs. Getting good starts is difficult with this car. You either have to much throttle and play the SpinTire game (check the game up, it seems fun!), or to little and play the snail game. Anyway, @Björn Golda passed me at the start, but I were soon at his rear. I had a little debate with myself, if I should out break him or just tuck behind him and stay there until the long straight. I went for the 1st option and passed him. Split second later I saw him off track, and I thought first that it was my fault, but I also saw the ford, so I came to the conclusion that I was innocent in that accident.

Me and @Dennis Phelan had some switching positions,back and forth the first 1-2 laps, but he went off as well later, and after that I had a lovely romantic date with my Mistress all the way to the checkered flag.

For this race, I kinda wanted to race on the safe side, but then in P2, mostly for fun, I decided to set my rear wing all the way down to 1. And increase the tire pressure. I even exaggerated and had the pressure up to 180-190 to get more speed. This made the car very unstable during breaking and turning. But I felt, if I just took it smooth and don't rush things, I could drive it. So I stuck with it.

Did a few mistakes ofc, like spinning around 3 times I think, but I had a pretty huge lead, so I was never worried.

Thanks RD once again!

Before I go into the race report, @Björn Golda that was entirely my fault, I braked way too early. So sorry for ruining your race, it looked like you had a really quick car.

At the start of the race, I and the top other two pulled away from the others as we raced towards the first turn. As noted above, I severely misjudged my braking point and took out Bjorn :(. This sent me back to what would eventually become last. This track was hungry and tried to devour the cars ahead of me. Luckily, it did not get me :cool:. Had a few close calls, and got up to third. With three laps to go, I noticed I would not make it on fuel. Luckily, there was a vast gap between me and fourth :confused:.

I got distracted along the way, hit the wall and busted off my aero along with a good portion of the suspension. I trudged on, still in third, From there, I had to drive mostly in sixth gear most of the time and actually turned off the engine :ninja:. Then on the last lap, I slammed in to the wall again and got a puncture on my left front! Now I had to keep it on track with a broken tyre, suspension and wing while saving fuel :D:confused:. That was crazy but so much fun at the same time! Finished third, which I am happy with :thumbsup:

Air Matech! :D
2014-06-12_00002.jpg

I tried all of the available cars and had two in the running. I decided to go with a well raced and trimmed out car for this event. I handled well and had speed.

I did my laps with 75 liters in the tank, race fuel as usual! I wasn't worried about start position but with so few drivers finishing timed laps I still had a good one.

A poor launch may have saved me as I missed all the action in the left hander and was close enough to Daniel who was putting in quite some good laps today. Dan spins at the end of the Mulsanne and I inherit a spot I don't want but I lead him around a lap trying to stay out of trouble. Entering the Mulsanne on L2 I make it easy for Dan to get by, he's right behind me and going to blow by me early anyhow. He's by and I tuck in behind for a bit, unfortunately kicking up a bit of dirt while there and dropping back .001 seconds or so. I catch back up after the kink and we go side by side to the corner, both skidding into it and I again come out ahead, good stuff but again, not where I want to be.

Daniel's car accelerates out of the hole better than mine, mine hauls at the top. I figure he's going to get past before Indy So I give him plenty of room while on the run, great but again I slip wheels off and head into Indy with too much speed, it's gonna get ugly. It does and I limp to the pit for Aero and suspension fixes. Out of the pit behind Gavin and after as chase my sheer car speed brings me to him. It's 33 seconds to Nelson ahead of him, so I intend to stay close to Gavin. Oops, not ready for his brake point and I'm in the dirt at Indy again, you guessed, aero and suspension damage. Off to the pit for fixes where I stupidly pick up a SnG. Next lap, one of our dogs, my dog Xena the 15 year old Sheltie, is barking for me to let her out of the house. She can't go out by herself and distracted, I....
hit the wall at the Indy corner AGAIN. Time has run out, I can pit for the SnG or the fix and I chose to SnG then exit the race rather than run around on a last lap in a really crippled car. Sorry for not finishing guys!

Congrats to the drivers that hung in even though they didn't have the pace. That's what Club Racing is all about, good fun!

Thanks gain to all for making this run a fun one :)

To bad I had to cancel this event. Was really looking forward to it. In fact, I'm going to visit a friend and stay there the whole weekend. I'm sitting right now, and just waiting. It's less than 15 minutes left, until i must start walk to the train/buss station and depart.. Will take around 6 hours to arrive at my friend :D:D

I'm back home on Monday/Tuesday, and hopefully more racing from me as well!

351411WTCC07flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
Track: A1 Ring [download here]
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Belet Michel
  3. Mert Kayar
  4. Nelson Ullinskey
  5. Peter Ell
  6. Jose Ferreira
  7. Arunas Linkevicius
  8. Björn Golda
  9. Frédéric Garnier
  10. Gundars Brigis
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
969365Formula3000flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3000
Car: F3000
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. April Dillon
  3. Nelson Ullinskey
  4. Belet Michel
  5. Nicolas Rouge
  6. Hristo Milushev
  7. Björn Golda
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Nelson Ullinskey
  3. Alex Odell
  4. Jose Ferreira
  5. David Kingshott
  6. Hristo Milushev
  7. István Milbich
  8. Nuno Rodrigues