RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

We had 19 drivers for this event! WOW! Thanks to all of you who showed up tonight! Some old friends from ATCC and new drivers to RD helped make this a big night of racing!

Thanks guys it makes me feel like the work is worth the time when fields are this big!

12 guys on Teamspeak and everyone driving hard but pretty fair I thought!

Quali: 6th for me was pretty good I think. Too many really fast drivers here this week and glad to see all of you!

R1: get a good start but get jumped none the less by SAm in the vette nu the gets locked behind Yves who is trying to get going, I enter T1 Just ahead of Stefan but have to run the rim and he tries to get me inside. We touch and I keep P5. Vincent runs wide off the fasy left hander downhill and I slip by to P4 and right on Yves bumper. I go off ashort while later and give back 5 spots to P9!

L2 chasing Vincent again with Jarrod just beyond him. Glenn goes Agro slowing up the cars in front of me in the Hairpin and I gain coming down the straight. Comnjg right between Corey and Vincent! Super tight at 155 MPH! I brake early and ley them sort it out in T1.

L3: corey just bumps Vincent and I get by him exiting T1. NOw it's not often I can run with Vincent for very long and not sure what he has in a GT either so I lay the wood to him at every opportunity to rattle him if thats even possible...

L4 no change of position but I am quicker than BVincent in the middle of the track and we are equal inother places. But I can't get by easily fopr sure.

L5 Eric Dennis is re-entering the track as we streak by and I miss him by the tiniest iof margins at speed! woooof thats too close!

L6 stil chasing Vincent and Jarrod

L7 tight to Vincent on the straight but cant pass yet. He and Jarrod are driving slower than I can go but certainly fast enough to make it impossible to pass as of yet. In T1 Vincent gets inside of Jarrod. I am forced outside and go off due to poor planning in my part. Now I have to hammer down and chase Jarrod.

L8-10 I chase down Jarrod and finally pass him entering T4! phew thats was tough!

L11-12 I nibble at Vincent but cant get close. Finish P6! OK not bad considering I tossed it in pretty early in the race.

R2. I get a great jump on Jarrod and Glenn but Vincent pulls the sickest Dive bomb pass I have ever seen ! HE goes P1 that ballsy sumgun! But i do know I hav e pace on him today and think Ican pass him at come point. (imagine that!?) He makes a mistake in the short chicane mid track and I assume P1!

I never relinquish P1 and thast the story for R2! OUt front trying not to screw it up while watching the gap form Keith to me shrink a bit, then grow, then shrink. Keith has an unusual error and I am comfprtable the last 2 laps.

Well, I got 2 laps in before my night ended... Sorry to the guys behind me on the grid (P13 - P18) as I got another bad launch and ended up coming across the track (okay, I've practiced a good 20+ standing starts since my last run with you boys and although most of them weren't especially quick, I did manage to move straight ahead.. race jitters, I guess :) ). Sorry Corey for T-boning you at the top of turn 3 on L3, I thought I could slow down enough and slide by on the right hand side of the track and I plowed straight ahead. Knocked my front clip off and sitting dead in the center of the track knowing there were some fast machines coming up on me, I couldn't get the darn thing to fire and panic'd and hit ESC and my race was over, which brings my next rookie question... Can we just reset the car at that point or what is the right way to try to get it fixed without getting dumped out of the race?

I was waiting around for R2 to start when my system locked up and had to reboot.. bummer, this was another fun combo so thanks again Eric and RD.

Hah no worries Randy, my car was already toast because I had just got done t-boneing a stalled Sam in the middle of that turn. By the time I saw him there over the crest I was out of stopping power and had nowhere to go. Just a tough luck race, that race #1.

Another fast French country road for the GT machines! Why you ask? wel beacuse the following week in GT Pro we visit the ULTIMATE "French Country Road" as AJ Foyt once called it.

So in the meanwhile, get your balls up for a super fast race through the closed roads of Rouen Les Essart!

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Eric Estes
  3. Larry Stovall
  4. Peter Bartfai
  5. Keith Barrick
  6. Eric Dennis
  7. Ryan Callan
  8. Sam Mehler
  9. Dennis Phelan
  10. Glenn Peterson
  11. Stefan Werner