RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

if you're ever in the presence of anyone wondering how seat came up with the cupra gt, you tell them this: grass magnets, real sneaky subtle slow but ultimately powerful grass magnets..

Well, they do look and sound like lawnmowers... flymo's :p

Good fun until me and Patrick had a mix up with about 20 mins to go, but more about that further down.

Lights seemed to change quick at the start and i got a good start straight into the back of all the stationary cars infront of me. I then had a pretty quiet race until after i came out behind Yves after making my pitstop. For about 15-20 mins we had a really close fought battle with us going side by side around most of the corners and this was absolutely brilliant. Yves always giving enough room, checking his mirrors, excellent driving. I then was able to get past him, and pulled a bit of a gap allowing me to take it a bit easier, which was a mistake as i ran wide and tapped the wall on turn 2 allowing Yves back past. Eventually i managed to pass him again and i was just starting to begin my battle against the ruined tyres on the Viper when some GT Pro cars came up to lap me. I let the first car through, then into Turn 8 i ran out a little wide trying to let Patrick past, and after just checking the replay, it seems that i thought he would keep a tighter line, and i presume he thought i would go out wider, so no one to blame. This was the end of the car, so i retired to the pits to watch the rest of the race. No worries at all about it, racing accident which neither of us could have really done much about.

Congrats to Lee for a great win and thanks to Yves for that great battle we had :)

Had a great and fun race, despite my lack of practice on Mosport. Made a total mess of my hot lap and was second to last on the grid.

At the start there were some mishaps a few cars ahead, I played it slowly and carefully not to crash in the first five minutes...

Quickly found a comfortable pace around 1.20's and kept pushing the laps. I had planned to pit about half way, but somehow I fell in "trance" and was eventually called to the pit by my team - I had been on track for little over an hour by then... and the car still felt OK :D

After the pit stop I had some great fun trying to chase down Eck, unfortunately he drove off track (or were forced off by a lapping car) and gave me a "bitter sweet" victory.

All in all, great fun with long distance racing! Hope we'll do it again soon!
:yo:

P.S If we'll do a mixed car class field once again, I'd like to point out that the faster cars need to be respectful, careful and show patience with the slower cars. I was really sad to see several incidents were slower class cars were pushed off track by the faster ones... :nono:

grats to Lee and all finishers

race : good start and my strategy was 1 pistop then I roll to save my tires without forcing too much, I pit with semi-race and 2nd finds me,
that was not obvious to double the lappers but it was necessary to be patient, right a small error for me but without gravity, large a thank you with them

That was great, no mistakes in pitlane.
Class pole, then fluffed the start... (sorry, to whomever got caught out, by my lack of movement). Now 2nd in class, I thought I was gonna have to settle for that. Then Michael got caught up with a recovering Gumpert, I got by... though I can't remember how, now... lol. And was surprised, to start eeking out.
I lost time, every time a leader got close (better to let them go than to hold them up (but still, there coulda been more patience shown.. by one or two)). I had one run off track in the first stint, this lost me most time from the lead I gained.
Pitstop went well (did I mention... no mistakes). When I left pitlane, I cut turn two, just a little too much n got it squirrely.. I eventually gathered it up, but I was facing the wrong way... lol.
Something weird happened, I got the "pit in" signal... thought I'd speeded, or some such, so went to do the stop/go. The pit was ready, to do a normal stop. So I drove straight through.. the signal stayed. I pressed the pit request button, and it gave me the menu.. I switched it off again, n the signal went too...
Second stint went well, one silly error again... but it was running smoothly... about 15/20 mins from the end, I saw the gap to next driver behind was shrinking instead of growing. It was actually only about 4/5 secs. Karl was catching me for the class lead, I had to get a wriggle on. I set about doing that, n the gap settled at about 3 secs.
All for nought, a couple of laps from the end.. I was caught by Patrick, to be lapped again... in my battle for class lead, I didn't want to lose too much time... I braked as normal, for the final chicane, pulled out wide. Patrick didn't move up the inside, so I moved out a little more n got a wheel in the gravel... lol. Karl got a well deserved win in class.

Grats to Lee, Karl and Yves, for their respective class wins. Thanks to our organisers, it was a great event.

Something weird happened, I got the "pit in" signal... thought I'd speeded, or some such, so went to do the stop/go. The pit was ready, to do a normal stop. So I drove straight through.. the signal stayed. I pressed the pit request button, and it gave me the menu.. I switched it off again, n the signal went too...

That Happened to me to (the signal came up by itself). I guess it's your race engineers way of saying "your tires are gone m8, better come in for a change"
:wave:
Kind regards,
Karl

My race ended with the stooopid damn auto pit stop function - meant to disable it but forgot in the rush to get in and figure a setup out for the race so I forgot :doh: (had an 18 second delay in mini race on Friday, but today, nothing ... 3 mins of sat there car and pit crew doing nothing, not being able to move or anything :frusty:)

@ Gary - u big hairy piece of mens dangly genitalia u had me worried there :) ... just checked replay - there were two Lee's in the race tonight - you need to be a bit more specific so as not to get me worried like that mate :lol: - thought I had bumped you and not even registered it, twas the other Lee (... the faster one up front :wink:) - few :hug:

@ Neil Gault - I did bump you when I was lapping you first time round eh? REALLY REALLY SORRY ... I was trying to be patient, and had hung back a fair ol' while, and thought you were letting me past there ... was nearly on grass, tried to ease back over a touch but the car got unsettled a bit and snapped back, giving you a big ol whack :doh:
Hope it didn't mess yer car and race up ... in my defence though mate, I did wait a decently long amount of time to try to pass and wasn't trying to be pushy or laery, just mucked it up a bit ... sorry!

Apart from that was loving it - despite me not (yet :lol:) being the quickest guy out there and not having had much time on track, I love that DBR9, has a grin factor of 11 :D ... Mosport is a lovely track, albeit very narrow and suffers fools lightly. My bodged setup seemed to be holding up, and I just had one slight run off in the first 45 mins of racing. Was in front of another GTP car too, so was chuffed about that :)

Like Gary said, these mixed events are very tricky, with lots of role reversal - me lapping people like James, Nils and Karl :woot: ... thanks all you guys for moving over, you were most gentlemanly 2nite.

Thanks Andrew and RD too ... was fun whilst it lasted :thumb:

• Sai Yip

Name on RD forum: Sai Yip
Name in game: Sai Yip
Your Country: Canada
Car: Unknown yet
Special remarks: This is my hometown circuit which I drive my 2.0L class car on in real life.........i bet this race will be a good experience

qualified in pole just in front of patrick but got a poor start and he nicked in front at T1. however he overdone it a bit on lap 3 i think and run wide letting me through. was a tough race just to keeping it on the track at the end of the stints as tyre were giving up but made it home in the end. thx for good race everyone.

just after i managed to pass i got a blue flag warning,i looked behind to see Lee coming to lap us already so just at the dowhill part to the chicane i pulled over to the right side of the road,well off the racing line and slowed up to let him blast past,but i got a helluva Whump up the back end,and straight into the edge on part of a barrier (its always the edge on part,or is that just me?).
Did you lift off a tad there Lee m8?.

gary i wanted to watch replay before i made comment and suggest you might in future too. you weren`t off the racing line at all when you braked and you took me by surprise braking there. if you had looked behind you before you braked early you would of seen me right behind. as i said at the time i`m sorry your race was wrecked but i`m not totally to blame for it. braking early infront of a faster car is asking for trouble.

• Andrew Evans

mininight.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT MINI
Password: Click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Thermalito Circuit West
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)​

Notes

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.​

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of qualifying. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

This week there will be only 1 server due to the RDNGP rounds taking place the same evening. :thumb:​

We can't host this track here - if you are banned from nogrip, drop me a pm. :wink:​

• Andrew Evans

DRIVERS
  1. Andrew Evans *
  2. Lee Downham *
  3. Ryan Callan *
  4. Daniel Plaikner *
  5. Laurance Lemon *
  6. Kieran Mcgeachy *
  7. Grant Powell
  8. Stuart Thomson *
  9. Steven Palmer *
  10. Victor Shaw *
  11. Paulo Ribeiro
  12. Marcin Wójcik
  13. Bob Miley
  14. Nigel Atkins *
  15. Olaf Mechau
  16. Sebastien Bortoli *
  17. David Lemon *
  18. Michael Herrmann *
  19. Dietmar Auferkorte
  20. Grégory Cogotti *
  21. Lewis Fergusson *
  22. Richard Hessels [skin]
  23. Manuel Garcia
  24. Darren Gardner
  25. Gomes Silva
RESERVES
  1. Ben Tusting
  2. Carlos Moutinho
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
* Friday Night Mini Skinpack
* Team Northern Ireland
* Project D Skinpack
* Black Visor Motorsport

Yea i'll take that one on the chin Lee,it was a half minded panicked effort really,i have very little experience of being lapped,i was just trying to do you a favour,hope your car didnt suffer from it,and glad you were able to continue,and thanks for the suggestion to watch replays too :).
I think i did mention i checked behind,but im afraid my skill levels dont let me approach bits of track like that with more or less full concentration ahead :(.

Cheers

That Happened to me to (the signal came up by itself). I guess it's your race engineers way of saying "your tires are gone m8, better come in for a change"
:wave:
Kind regards,
Karl

i think its a bug.. if you set lets say fuel for 40 laps but it will only least for 38 laps you have to pit earlyer if you now come to the lap 40 you get this pit in signal

that was a nice race
pracy i broke my PB and got final a time under 1.18 my 1.17.9 gave me 9th on grid
i missed the start like near everyone lol still could slip in on place 8th right behind Lee D. was running good laps but pretty soon Eck put pressure on me (sorry for that nuge in turne 1 could stay outside anylonger)
coming around turne 2 i saw a gumpert spinning instead of moving of the line and get back on speed he just stayed on the line what gave me a wee braking to avoid a crash
now eck was right up my backlights and past me befor i realy realized what happend from then i tryed to stay as long as possible in touch with eck but droped slowly of till after 15 mins or Gary already showed up in my mirror
i was knowing he is about 1 sec a lap faster as me so i tryed all to get a good exit out of the chicane
to keep the gab equal of a lap but a few laps and a few mistakes later he was going to get me out of turne 3at the moment we are side by side running down to turne 4 i got a blueflag and the leader came up on us verry pushy so i decided to lift it of cuz i would send both of them into the wall if i had keep it full throttle
coming around that blind eck i could see that Gary got punted in the rear
was probaly not inteninal and only a misunderstanding of the situation but it had clearly could be avoided by a bit more patience
a while later the rest of the GTP cars came up on me bad for me at a not that good spot i tryed to run wide in turne 2 that failed but i could keep it away from the tyerwall :)
but had now Neil and Karl on my back and i could not rise the gab, while trying harder and harder to run away from them
i killed my tyers and made a lot of mistakes with 43 mins left of the race i pitted
after i got fresh tyers i tryed hard to get back in touch with the guys in front, worked quite well i came past Karl who spun his marcos in turne 2
got a blue flag but ignored it and keeped pushing
a few laps later i again came past Karl who spun it again at turne 2 but runned wide in the chicane so Karl could slip by again
2 laps later i was still behind Karl i spun it coming out of the last turne and hited the Pit barrier
cuz i stopped in a nice angle i just pitted and fixed the stuff and put my head down already sweating like a pig on a BBQ it heaten up again by atleast feeled 20° but the gab dident close and i was already giving up
as i saw Neil in the gravel of turne 1 still i was a whole lap behind
but the gab was closing fast
then i saw Neil in the pit and got the 7th back but had from then a uneventfull race for the last 20 mins cuz i could get any closer to Karl and Eck
a few mins befor the finish i saw eck coming back on track betwine turne 2 and 3
and tryed again to keep atleast in touch but i could not keep up somehow i gained one more position frome someone who dropped out
finished 6th and 3rd in GT Sport

*good race all and thanks for setting this one up RD and Andrew

i must say if we do a mixed field again plz dont be that pushy if you are in a faster car specaly if you can see the guys in front are in a hard fight, they probaly have not noticed you comming up or are way of line :yo:

This event had a kinda ironic twist to me - guys who are skilful front runners and not in the habit of being lapped were being lapped tonight.
For me it was very gratifying passing you guys, as I know its gonna be a while till it happens (if ever) in equal machinery :wink:

... but it also gives you same folks a bit of a reminder or taster of what it is like to be a back marker and have someone come blatting up behind you and wanting past quick.

No matter what your skill levels, it seems it can be quite unnerving and lose you lots of time and places to pull out of the way.

Being moralistic I guess I am trying to say, pls bare this in mind and try to remain patient when lapping folk, especially as most of the ppl you are usually passing are far less experienced, less relaxed and defo less talented than most of you lot (and before anyone takes offence, I include myself in this list :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%