RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Name on RD forum: Petros Mak
Name in game: Petros Mak
Your Country: Greece
Control: Hyperstimulator
Car: Honda Accord
Special remarks: This will be my first race with you guys so lets hope it goes well. Haven't even practiced.

You are down as Location: Australia but Your Country: Greece so what is it??? as you lag SO BAD!!! you was there 20sec gone back gone then BANG!! i hit you or the wall trying to get out of your way on both races. Sorry mate but it has made today's racing the worst i've ever had on rd.

No Fun today :( :( :(

please see if you can sort it out next time.

Arrrrgh... I messed up my times! Thought the race was on at 7:00 instead of 6. Sorry everyone, that makes the second race in a row I've missed out on. :frusty:

All I can do now is look forward to the next event... [Crosses fingers and starts hoping for an event on the Nordschleife] :p

Well Cam, what can i say; i'm not mad or anything.
I just found it very disrespectfull to me as a person.
I mean the least you can do is say sorry.
On the other hand these kind of crashes happen, it's all part of the game for me so i have no justified reason to go ballistic.
I just hoped for a little more consideration that's all.

And if somehow the replays tell another story about what happened is that totally ok, but if you get hit by someone a simple sorry is not too much to ask, right?

Qualifying went very badly - I ended up 6th, with not a single clean lap :(

First race - At the start I dropped one place and slotted in 7th. I was giving David Lemon a few nudges, just to let him know I was there :wink:. Into lap 2 I got a run on him, into Turn 3. He squeezed me against the outisde wall but outbroke slightly. I cut back to the inside, he whacked me as he rebounded back off the wall though! In the same corner, I overtook Juncadella and Stead, who had obviously had an incident (Stead had no rear wing). I set off in pursuit of Dawes in 3rd.

He made a mistake at Mandarin and I breezed past, setting off after Hamstead. I closed right up behind him, but a curious engine problem was losing me over 15mph. Juncadella closed up to me, and I made a mistake at Turn 3, outbraking and having to reverse out. Warren also passed me at the same time. I followed Daniel and Warren for a while, before a couple of mistakes sent me back into the clutches of Mtommi and Marcel.

They both breezed past me on the straight, but I was able to live with Marcel through the twisty stuff. Coming into the last few laps, Warren, Mtommi and a backmarker (I think it was Gunthar) were involved ina n incident. Problem is, I was right up Marcel's gearbox. I could see the smoke from the incident up ahead and could see two cars, who I presumed were Mtommi and Warren. However there were three cars involved and Warren was trying to rejoin. I didn't see him until MArcel had slammed on the brakes, and slam!, I ram into the back of Marcel, making him whack Warren. Warren and I carried on, but I think Marcel was badly damaged.

Into the last lap, Mtommi immediately passed me down the straight again and I was in 6th. Into Melco Hairpin for the last time, there was an incident up ahead and avoiding it I ran into the barrier, gaining a puncture. 7th and 8th passed me, but I managed to struggle around to the finish, ending 8th :)

Second race - I got a good start from pole and there seemed to be a few shenanigans behind me as my lead shot up to 5 seconds by the end of the first lap. Daniel had escaped the pack and started gradually closing me down. The lead was at around 3.5 seconds at the latter part of lap 7. Unfortunately I had been pushing my luck into Melco and eventually ran into the barrier and Daniel was through and I set off in pursuit. However, down the straight on the 8th lap my engine blew! :(

Thanks Cam, Warren and RD :D

• Steve Perryman

Apologies to P MAK for my comments after race 1, but Anyone with bad lag (IMHO) should exit and try again next week, that totally includes me, and I think that maybe we should have some sort of procedure to let people know that Lag is an issue affecting others.
It was the 2nd time In one week I've had someone elses Lag stuff a race of mine, last Wed in Rfactor Historx had someone appear on the grid right in front of me at 250+ Km/hr, car totalled, see You later. The thing was, and I think is the same tonight, that the person with the lag problem knew it, but continued to race anyway. That is why, especially as the server is round the other side of the planet, that we need some way of finding out who has bad lag , and very politely asking them to leave.

Race 2, apologies to Warren (and others it affected) for causing the 2nd corner incident, I tried to redress, but that was a bad place for it. Then later braked too late into t2 again, and damaged suspension and ripped splitter off, so decided to exit as I was in the way.

Other than all that, I actually enjoyed racing on that track, even though it is a Pig.

See You all next week, hopefully a track with runoff areas, it was coincidental considering I watched all the Indy action at Surfers today, and the tracks do have similarities.

Firstly, I thoroughly enjoyed this track. Turn 2 is just a wild ride and I grinned every time my side mirror brushed along the wall.

Race 1 was OK... a bit of tussling in the first few laps but it settled down into a lonely race in P10. Late in the race I spun on one corner (which is always fun on a narrow track), but had enough time to get going again without losing any places.

Race 2 I started 9th, with Lu Chan on my tail... he made me take 4 seconds of my qualifying time :) I managed to avoid a few accidents and eventually found my way into 3rd. But I had a spin, hit the wall a few times, got suspension damage, lost my splitter and than had a blown engine that lost power so I plummeted like a stone through the field. Sorry Lu Chan and Warren - I was wrestling the car and trying to get out of your way and I think one or both of you hit me and got slowed down.

Well done to the winners and everyone who finished!

• Lu Chan

Race 1 had a little lucky. 1st finish. First time win in RD is wonderful day. :yo:
Race 2 is difficult for me. Because P8 start.
Macau is very difficult to pass and I need take care of new member.
Exciting! more good fight in race. Finally 4th finish. Can finish Race 2. I content results.
Good race and fun tonight. Thanks all mate and RD.:)
hope see you late! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back