Mini Cooper - Valencia 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Morris

• Stephen Morris

Valencia is located in the heart of Spain and rivals the track in Barcelona as the premier Spanish venue for motorsports. The layout has a great flow and rythm, drivers say the corner combinations "feel" natural and logical. It also has lots of overtaking opportunities and several corners where alternative lines can be taken.

To do a fast lap at Valencia you need to nail the last and very challenging turn perfectly. It is a blind downhill negative camber braking zone, where you need to trust your instincts. The exit from that last corner is the key element at Valencia, get it right and you will carry speed all the way down the straight, get it wrong and you will compromise both your current lap and the next one.

trackmap_spain2.jpg

LAPRECORD:

1.52.850 - Neo[RPM]

1.53.075 - Rickard[RPM] #5
1.53.077 - henY
1.53.418 - WOOFER[RPM]
1.53.635 - Warren

1.54.503 - Scyp[RPM]

Blimey! If you guys suck, then I'm dragging an anchor around the circuit.
Just spent about 30 min on the server (testing) with a best time of 1.56.550. (rather embarracing!!) (':-$')
I have always found the Mini's much more difficult to compete with compared to the WTCC cars. Maybe the setups are way off or they require a different driving style. You'd think I'd be better considering I drive one IRL but I'm hopeless. Oh well, more practice I guess.

You can find a quite good basic setup kit here on the site from Simbin, it includes for all the tracks and all the cars 3 setups:, basic, advanced and wet.
You can download it from here:
(dead link)

For the Minis i use the advanced setup, i dont have time to make my own setup for the Minis (busy with Honda setuping for the tournament... lol)

Also please take car to make the hotlaps in the Mini-s from cockpit view, since we have a forced cockpit view for the Mini Cooper tournament, so everbody is practising like that. :)

hotlapminitz7.jpg

Please don't bother about this, I am just trying to see if I can post an image of a hotlap, if I ever fluke a good one.

Edit: Looks like it worked, now for the hard part, learning to drive competitively.
Please resume normal transmission. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 173 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%