AC Mini Cooper S/Skoda 130 RS@Croft circuit, Tue 13th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Very clean racing today, guys :thumbsup: . No penalties (car collisions > 40km/h).
1670967509713.png

Was there a collision (< 40km/h) that should have been counted as a penalty? I'm experimenting with the threshold.

Last edited:
Hi all, I tryed again and was desqualifyed... All my fault. I did wrong in the exit and move before the lights, no trying to be esrlyer just was a mistake... I got a penalty of 2 laps, but I was thinking they will remove from my count... I was wrong, I learned I have to go to pits and wait two laps there... My race finish in the second lap...
Just to let you know, it is not I left the race because I was the last... Anyhow, I need to learn all that.
I need to practice more just to be near the group...
I will try next time

Hi all, I tryed again and was desqualifyed... All my fault. I did wrong in the exit and move before the lights, no trying to be esrlyer just was a mistake... I got a penalty of 2 laps, but I was thinking they will remove from my count... I was wrong, I learned I have to go to pits and wait two laps there... My race finish in the second lap...
Just to let you know, it is not I left the race because I was the last... Anyhow, I need to learn all that.
I will try next time
no Jose when u jump the start u have to do a drive trought on the pit without stopping . 2 laps is the limit for the DT if u go over u get DSQ

I only remember a little "door scrubbing" in the frigging chicane, so a clean race from my perspective.

On the other hand it dispersed quite early, so not a perfect test case.

In the race it was quite fun to see Han sniffing up Stevens tailpipe until I caught up, than he played chicken and went for his pitstop. Which was the strategy that secured him P4.
I should have done it the same way as I lost some time sniffing up Steves tailpipe until i pitted.
A few laps later steve came out of the pits right in front of me and I needed quite some time to wear him down but in the end i could "put one up the inside" into the "sunny side of Croft" and with a little struggle make it stick until the end.

All in all a nice race betwen friends and the task for me to get a "dogfighting coach" I just can´t dawdle this long to disperse of Han any more. ;)

Have a good night, Cheers Mates carsten

I will try next time
Fulvio is right there, do a drive through in the next two laps.

To avoid jump starts configure your clutch with a deadzone at the top so that a light tremor in your foot doesn´t send you rolling.

Or if you use the paddles to start be certain to keep them fully engaged until lights out.

See you next time...MFG Carsten

Well I am no racing driver! any stress and I am done up like a kipper.
Easiest pit stop in the world, still managed to cock the bleeding thing up, on my exit there was Fulvio.:(
I could have done with those 5 seconds lost, followed more mistakes in those next few laps than the whole race.
Luckily, I mean really luckily, it dawned on me that Fulvio was not closing me down as he normally does.
I had four tyres in the yellow, really did not see much difference in pace, so assumed the Skoda was in a much sorrier state, I had quite a few laps to go before they were red.
And that was that, great event Han, :unsure: well I would say that, Croft has always been good to me.:)

2A243D3B-9D3B-43EC-9813-F808A42FC330.jpeg

Well done Ernie. Blistering pace. About time your hard work paid off :thumbsup:

As for my race, I switched over to the mini with a bit left in practice (had driven it a little during the week) and started the race with some good battles with Steve. Sorry for that first bump, but the server history shows we bumped each other back, so I guess we're even :laugh:

After that I set to chasing down Jorge who was also setting fast times up ahead :thumbsup: He went wide into one corner and I picked up the place. Tried to chase fulvio down, but he was matching my pace, minus a second or so, so it was tough going. In the end, I held off Han and survived the fwd mini. Happy to get out and race it. Have had it downloaded for ages, but never forced myself to sit and learn it's many quirks.

Good picks today Han and good racing everyone else :thumbsup:

Well deserved win Ernie. I had a good start and early pace doing battle with Robert for a bunch of laps with both Han and Carsten further away in my mirror. Looking good i thought as both Han and Carsten edged closer. Even then i could feel we had different strengths and weaknesses with our Skodas and we ebbed and flowed back and forth as the laps continued. Han took an early pit which worked out good for him, Carsten was next followed by myself. When i arrived back on the track Han flew past and Carsten was around the same gap behind me. Started going down hill for me by then as i was finding the car a tad woolly now and the strain of that engine noise and wringing its neck was getting tiresome meaning i no longer was giving my best effort. Carsten snuck past me on one of the turns and i started to get a tad untidy not long after. No more excuses, it was great fun racing with you guys and thanks again Han. :thumbsup:

That was really a nice race. I love the Skoda.
Didn't have much practice but I improved during the race so my pace was about equal to that of Steve and Carsten. I waited for Steve to make a mistake because I couldn't pass him on speed only. But then Carsten was closing the gap so I went for the undercut. That worked great because when Steve pitted I was about 2s in front of him. He and Carsten had a battle for several laps in which they lost time. I was even slowly closing the gap to Robert but not enough to come into striking range.

These cars will be great on Fat-Alfies tracks. So I will see when we can do another championship with them in 2023.

I would be happy with the mini on fat Alfi tracks, the problem I have "personally" with the TVR is the amount of error that exists on corner entry and also where the car is in general.
It can easily be +/- 4 meters, add into that brakes that go from no retardation to lockup in a blink of an eye, and this makes for very precarious circuit driving, let alone wheel to wheel.
Still enjoy it very much though.:)

I will never damit how I got better with brake Modulation on the more finicky cars:

Normaly I'm "Mr kick a brick" hard pedal with no travel but especially for the Skippy a softer pedal with longer throw aids in brake application and modulation.

(Yes, I wrote Skippy, stone me:cool: )

MFG Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back