Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Aintree (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (11 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (11 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Senad Subasic
  5. Rupe Wilson
  6. David Cuthill
  7. Neil Gault
  8. Carlos Diaz
  9. Jacob Boonstra
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Paul M Jones
  20. Peter Van Zanten
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

You were driving very fast all evening Senad, so you definitely had the pace down for a win. I guess what you mean when you say that you "can't race" is that you get nervous when battling? This will happen for a while. For a long time I used to love being the car in back, doing the chasing and pressuring, but hated/feared being the one being chased. My nerves just couldn't take it lol.
As time goes by and you get chased more often, you get used to it just like anything else. Basically, when being chased, you just drive your line like you would if you were all alone. Only time you change your line is when the chaser has advanced enough for you to see their car next to you. At that point, if you are coming into a turn and his bumper is ahead of yours, you back off a bit and avoid an accident. Of course, this means you just lost a position, no big deal, it's better than crashing. If you are faster you will pass him again later. Plus, now that the chaser is being chased by you, he's under pressure, and will maybe make a mistake and hand you your position right back.

You have improved big time from when you first joined us, keep it up buddy;)

Well it was another great night of FUN... many laps were driven and many obstacles were crashed into at some point...
I had that very same experience with Carlos slowly catching lap by lap.. the main thing is not to panic and go off track..:)whistling:) and when they do catch you don't kill yourself in a attempt to keep your position. ..
I had a good qually followed by a poor start and first few laps. by the time i was up to speed the race was nearly over ....but still great fun..:)
in Race 2 i started near the rear and was feeling allot better with my pace ..
I had some great battles with Tim and Stuart for a few laps and then once again with Stuart .
it got a bit crazy there i just couldn't get far enough in front and didn't want to slow us both down with a others only a couple of seconds behind . But after many attempts i finally made my pass and escape :D
And with a lap to go there was a cloud of dust up ahead and there was my reward another 2 places and romped home behind Roland for a second place:)

WD Senad and Roland...:notworthy:

spelllll check is so good when you dont pay atention

....WD Senad and Rolland...:notworthy:
Thanks, Ruppe! It certainly was great fun, again! Took me quite a while to get to appreciating the track, but it's nice, there's more to it than it shows at first sight.:thumbsup:
Struggled with my pace in prac.1, could not get below 2:07.3 while most were doing 2:06's, but I decided to try my quail lap with just vapour in my tank rather than liquid fuel, which worked out great as I did my 1st 2:06 lap there:).
A good start - not by far as good as Neil's tho - and 1st few corners got me up to 2nd place chasing Neil, until a pat on the back pushed me around and I watched the field go by.:(
That plus a silly mistake of my own landed me in 8th, where I spent the rest of the race chasing Tim.. I came really close to him in the end but not close enough and finished 6th due to Stu and David's retirement.

Quail 2, again with virtually no fuel, got me 2nd on the grid, albeit about half a sec from Jacob's exceptional pole time :confused:
Neil's better acceleration got him in front of me, so chased Jacob and Neil for a while until Jacob eliminated himself and I tried to catch Neil with David breathing down my little Mini's rear window. Eventually the long straight slipstream and longest gears got me enough speed advantage to get in front of Neil, and as Neil and David kept eachother busy I managed to open up a small gap, which I kept until the end, and I won!!!! WOOHOOO!!!:alien::D
Maybe not as impressive as Senad's R1 win from last place on the grid, but I was very happy nonetheless!!

Grats Senad and the other guys who made the podium, Thank you Stu for another top event, and thanks all for another fun racing night! CYA soon!

Results are misleading...I still had a fun time. Well it wasn't meant to be. At the start of race 1 company arrived knocking at the door. As I tried to tell them to come in and wait while I raced, my car began moving forwards seconds before the start. So now I had to serve a stop/go penalty which took the wind out of that race. Doing ok but explaining the race to my friend as it was happening caused me a bit of grief at times but it was a blast letting him watch and listen to TS as the race progressed. As someone entered TS I was passing through the twisty bit near the end of the lap. I I foolishly tried to explain to my friend that the person entering did not realize we were racing and I lost focus and killed the car.

Race 2 was going fine. I was near Carlos for a bit of the second half of the race and as he was pushing hard he rubbed the grass a few times which gave me hope to close a little. Now on the last lap going through the twisty bit again my game minimized to the taskbar. By the time I figured it out and click on the icon to enlarge the game to full screen the car crashed. My company and I had a great laugh. I must admit he was laughing more than I was.
I should mention that this is the second time that GTL minimized to taskbar during a race since upgrading to Windows 7. Anybody else have similar problem?

Wd done Senad and Roland. Thanks Stu. Great fun all drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back