RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

joined for quali on track 1 race 1 - took a while to get up to speed in these so started at back. with car handling like a dream started my way up grid in race 1. got a good run out of chicane at one point and yoeri got a bit out of shape and unfortunatley i tapped him... pretty heavy too. pulled over and waited for him to rejoin, he took pits so i pulled through as well to ensure stayed behind him. rejoined as leaders came into turn 1 so stayed out the way as best as i could. tagged in behind a hilton in 17th and kept pace, eventually unlapping myself when a mistake was made, started to close on guys in front, but that was more for fun than anything else!

track 1 race 2 things going well again managed to avoid to the incidents ahead and profited well. tepa made a move early/mid race on me getting a good run out of t1 as i got out of shape. he cut back onto the line and hit the brakes, a place where i was normally late on them myself. i tried to vere left and take the inside line but caught the rear quarter and spun him around. again, waited for tepa to rejoin and went on with the race. pretty uneventful from there.

track 2 - race 1 well... practice only when pc took a flakey. never got chance to rejoin so went to work on mini skin for tomorrow.

again a biiig sorry to both yoeri and tepa for taps, very out of character for me, hope you still both managed to enjoy the racing.

Wooo, this was some of my most enjoyable racing yet - Managed a good qualifying in round 1, and everyone in the same car makes for tight racing that was loads of fun. I didn't finish to well race 1 but who cares, it was a blast - race 2 was much better result with Peter Madsen giving me a great fight till he passed me in the end. The cupras are great fun to drive and race.

Valencia went not so good, but I still had some good battles until I lost my connection between races but oh well.

Thanks everyone for a great time in the cupras!

how close was Valencia with the Toledo?
wellllll :)
attachment.php

only downfall is i had to fight from the back in 10th/11th position in both races....
because first race on pole i had 3 blue flag warning from Gary behind me on lap 1...i had to give it up on turn 2...
then in race 2 got hit a lot in turn 2 lap 1....still managed 2nd in first race and if not mistaken 5th in 2nd...but i had tons of fun...tnx guys:thumb:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2008-07-21 23-19-40-56.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-07-21 23-19-40-56.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 263
Hopped in quickly with my "Borg" nick name that I use for fun together with some of my friends - read this thread carefully and guess how many we are :) - because I lost connection on the server we were racing before. Luckily this hapend so I was able to join in time for Valencia. I dont have enough words to describe how great that was. A lot of really close action. A big part of the time I was together with Alonso and we had some nice moves. I was also happy to meet Jamie, this time with me in the Toledo too, but unfortunately this only lasted for 2 laps or so. Anyway - thx for avoiding me rather than having to say "sorry"!

What else? As Bram already said - these brand cup races seem to be great.
Thx and good night!
Nico

Aah, I had no idea it was you, Nico!

It wasn't you that caught me out behind you there, but rather I lost it on my own - after Valencia National beforehand I had a little lapse of concentration and forgot which layout we were on for a moment, lol. Still; as I discussed with the guys on TS, I left myself an escape route in case of such an eventuality and it came in rather useful.

Nice seeing you on track again. :)

This image largely sums up my evening:

jamie-nigel.jpg

• Grant Daly

:pound:Ahh geeee let me think Mick, where I wil go ????:croc:

Hmm Austria OK :rofl: or :hungry: Hungary :D :der:
I'm easy but really if Australia's gone then I'll go in :canada:
Or anywhere you want a skin out there just say Oi go into that one I'
m there :)

First off im sorry to basically everyone tonight for being such a ratty old bastard after the first race,especially to Peter,all a bit uncalled for,i have to concede putting ones self on the outside of a turn is a chance taken at the attackers own risk to a certain degree,so drop that argument,,,,,,setup was a right pig those first 2 runs tbh,fixed it up good and proper for the next two and got a front row start,managed to almost get right beside Christopher but not enough to risk a dive in at T1 imo,i now understand the wide open door invite to pass at T2 by Christopher,i managed to a controlled smooth run in the lead and pulled a handy gap to finish in bit of comfort.
Race 2 from 8th i got another very good start,and a clean and clear run through T1,infact all good for the first lap,making up places,a couple of knocks up the back soon put the halt on my progress forward,overall a very fun nights super close racing,many thanks organisers and all racers tonight :thumb:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%