RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

The races tonight were very enjoyable.

In race 1 I managed to dodge a few early incidents and had a great chase on Michael H's rear bumper for a few laps until he went wide into the gravel, letting me past. I was glad I could put some nice "in your mirror" pressure on Michael without any braking incidents, so this was good, clean, racing. On the last lap, a fast charging Ben Tusting rounded me up when I ran wide in a corner and I finished 4th (luckily, because of some of the stop/go's).

2nd race was a bit more ragged for me. I outbraked myself chasing Takuya early on, with some good pressure from Warren behind me, and ended up in the red gravel, dropping a few spots. Shortly after that, I spun on a curb and hit the wall, losing my splitter and getting suspension problems. I was able to keep the car going OK, but it was suffering in the slower corners. Eventually Jerome and Michael caught me and I finished 9th or 10th.

One thing: in qual, if you're on your outlap, don't race someone who's on a hotlap! Are flag rules turned on on the server? Should there be blue flags in qual?

Well we have a saying in Aussie land "Arse beats class everytime", and I think I proved it tonight.
I didn't even look at the track lights, just went by the pop up lights. Maybe my slow reaction helped but I had no problems with the start, although I saw James, beside me, jump it.

Race 1. I got away cleanly and for once avoided any incidents in the first few turns to settle into P5 and then moved to P4. I was concentrating like hell to keep the car clean and smooth, having a terrific battle with David, until about lap 7, then I looked at the HUD and noticed that I was leading, and this battle was for the win. :eek: With about 2 laps to go, David missed a corner and I was able to comfortably bring the Honda home for a flukey win. Since the top guys blew the start, I suppose I didn't really deserve it.

Race 2. Much tougher task this time, starting from P8 and the guys in front knew not to jump the lights. I found it hard to pass on this track, but thanks to a couple of missed bends up front, I gained a couple of spots. Then had a great race with James until I botched the first turn, which cost me two places as Takuya slipped past as well. Had another great battle with Takuya until the second last last lap when I applied as much pressure as I could knowing he had missed the sharp right hander before. He left his braking a touch too late, went wide and slightly off track, allowing me to slip through and finish P4.
I think I owe Michael an apology for a slight touch at turn 1 that may have upset his balance. Sorry mate, I was trying to give as much room as I could, but you were pushed slightly into me.

Grats to Manny for the win in Race 2.

And whattya know, we had an Aussie 1 and 2 for the event, as I finished one point ahead of Manny. As I said, luck beats skill everytime. :evil:

Thanks to all who raced, but a shame to see people struggling to stay connected. Seems like a few had connection difficulties.

I think we'll try a default track for next week to see if it helps.

• Jerome Benard

Bad start for me at the first race ==> Penalty.

I make a first Pit and it doesn't work and i make a second and it work. I finish last i think.

Second race i make a good battle with the "Doc" ( merci l'ami) :thumb: and i came back at the 6 or 7 place.

Thanks all:cool:

Also another thing guys we only get 30mins to qualify, don’t fill the top of our displays with meaningless rant, or in the case tonight accusing drivers of cutting, of course everyone is going to lose concentration reading that, as you think you are being accused, please leave that for PM to admin shouldn’t be typed in chat in Qualify or in the forums, just bang Warren a PM after the race.

My race was a non event, I seemed to lose connection to the server after about 5 laps of race 1 and my internet connection didn’t drop?? weird I just ended up in the lobby. Sorry to Imperious I think it was for the tap, I know it’s never an excuse but I wasn’t expecting you to brake where did and throughout all the anchors but couldn’t pull her up.

I was going terrible in Qualify which I expected, as I had only done a total of 3 laps prior to tonight at Melbourne, which is a track I hate naturally being from Adelaide and all :evil: but after the chat fest didn’t dissipate I decided to park it and wait for the race. I seemed to be not too badly paced for the race and I recon the way I was driving in regards to tyre care, I think I may have been able to hunt a couple of places towards the end as I was already getting some guys insight that dissapeared at the start, but its easy to say that when your night ends early:rolleyes:

By far one of the best races i had in the racing club personally. Great racing with the L&L train (lemon and lennon) and Barriga. Great rough battle with MH. Great track that Magny Cours National. Also the oval in Brasil was fun.

Small note for some, read this please
1. When driving on our restricted servers, treat others with respect, act how you would expect others to treat you. No dangerous driving, no ramming, no abusive or foul language. If you have a grievance, calmly discuss it after the race and preferably in the forum. Refer to the more detailed Grievance Procedure below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%