AC Mini Cooper JCW @ Imola - Weds 1st April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
can somebody post the replay of the first race? because AC si kinda weird with first race replay. sometimes they are, sometimes they don't

Hey Norkin you pointed me off into the gravel at chicane in race 1. Raressch and I had been racing door to door without contact for some time and it felt like I was used as a brake for the chicane.
It's not a big deal and mistakes happen not not looking for a row. However you didn't wait for me after the contact. That's the rule.
Anyway no big deal I'm sure it was a mistake honest :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium guys tonight... it's not so much the speed you have it's the bloody consistency that frustrates me :p

I guess a full grid presents a few 'challenges':whistling: now and again, though for those I raced with I had a blast, so thank you all for being so fair. Loved the end of race 2 with @Raresch , dammit:p you were nailing corner exits so well, I couldn't get the momentum to get close enough.

Hope to see you all again next week for some Gun & Fames;)

Congrats to the podium guys tonight... it's not so much the speed you have it's the bloody consistency that frustrates me :p

I guess a full grid presents a few 'challenges':whistling: now and again, though for those I raced with I had a blast, so thank you all for being so fair. Loved the end of race 2 with @Raresch , dammit:p you were nailing corner exits so well, I couldn't get the momentum to get close enough.

Hope to see you all again next week for some Gun & Fames;)

Thanks for organising John was great fun. A very different car to drive, I e no idea how some were so fast. Took me a while to figure out the brake balance which was critical in the mini. Well done to the podiums.

@GEO147 i am not alone in that one then, spent a twenty minutes session last week testing the mini.
Spent the whole time trying to find out why on some fast approaches to corners it would just flick me off the road.
When I had just about had enough, suddenly thought, brake bias, by then I had just about given up on it.:roflmao::roflmao:

@GEO147 i am not alone in that one then, spent a twenty minutes session last week testing the mini.
Spent the whole time trying to find out why on some fast approaches to corners it would just flick me off the road.
When I had just about had enough, suddenly thought, brake bias, by then I had just about given up on it.:roflmao::roflmao:
Which brake bias did you all use because I used only one notch up (73)?

Hey Norkin you pointed me off into the gravel at chicane in race 1. Raressch and I had been racing door to door without contact for some time and it felt like I was used as a brake for the chicane.
It's not a big deal and mistakes happen not not looking for a row. However you didn't wait for me after the contact. That's the rule.
Anyway no big deal I'm sure it was a mistake honest :thumbsup:
That's exactly what happend to me also with @Norkin, some laps earlier than our battle. That's why I wanted the replay from the first race, because I was halfway along him on the straight, he brake earlier than 50m, I've brake at 50m, so we were the same at corner turn-in, but I was on the inside, and it didn't matter, because a small hit and I was facing the wall. No one waited. Some laps later (I think it was actually the 2nd race?), great battle @GEO147 :thumbsup:, I was so pumped up after that chicane were we passed both unscaved (so it's possible) and after finally passing you in the first corner :cool: also, @DiemPerdidi, great battle we had in the 2nd race. Too bad you lost it in the braking zone ... But I can't lie, I was so relaxed after that ;):cool:

Going back to @Norkin. I see this is your first race with RD? Maybe you were busy or something, so, please read the following rules (try to search more info about them, I will just write them down, the short version):
1. THE GOLDEN RULE: If you hit somebody, and you are not 100% sure it's not your fault, or if it's your fault, you have to wait (out of the racing line), otherwise you could get a 30-day ban. Being your first race, I don't know if you will get any complaints, but just be careful in the future.
2. Be sure to use an app like Helicorsa or Car Radar, so you could see the other cars near you. You could also try CrewChief (it seems overwhelming, but it's really easy to use and adds immersion).
3. Try to see the other rules as well.

Which brake bias did you all use because I used only one notch up (73)?
I was using 81 brake bias (I usually use a little more than others, maybe because of the pedals from g29). But I think the problem in this car is not only the brake bias but the brake pressure as well. I was having 92 brake pressure.

Man I suck with making setups. Why didn't I try that? :notworthy: Unbelievable that I qualified 10th.
Is it some kind of basic principle that with FWD cars you shift the brake bias more to the front than with RWD cars? Or is this specific for this model of the Mini Cooper?

Thanks @Medilloni for organizing and congrats to all the other guys on the podium :cool::roflmao:

R1 was ok. Sorry whoever I hit at entering Traguardo. Dropped back a few places but could regain some. Got P8 in the end (I guess)

R2 on the other hand, was great. Could keep up with the top group and got into a nice battle with @Axel Moebius and @Aksu . Going all 3 wide together into Tosa was great. Had a decent exit but Axel was to my left and locked me behind Aki who was a bit slower out of Tosa. Well played :) Coming onto the main straight, I had the advantage of more top speed due to a longer gear ratio which gave me the edge above Axel and I could snatch P5. A few laps later, due to an incident at Traguardo where P2-4 was involved, P2 was handed to me on a silver platter. But having Aki behind me was demanding :D at least. A little error into Alta followed by a bad exit, gave him the opportunity which he, of course, took. The last few laps I managed to hold Axel out of striking distance and crossed the line for a poduim place :inlove::geek:

Next time Nissan Primera BTCC at Imola? ;)

I used 80 BB and 97 brake power. Took me some laps but after I got used to the brakes, I really enjoyed this car at the braking zones.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%