Mini Cooper - Imola 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari is an auto racing circuit near the Italian town of Imola, 40 km east of Bologna and 80 km east of the Ferrari factory in Maranello. The circuit is named after Ferrari's late founder Enzo and his son Dino who had died in the 1950s. Before Enzo Ferrari's death in 1988 it was called 'Autodromo Dino Ferrari'.

It was the venue for the Formula One San Marino Grand Prix (usually, two Grands Prix are held in Italy every year, so the race held at Imola is named after the nearby state) and it also hosted the 1980 edition of the Italian Grand Prix, which usually takes place in Monza. For safety reasons the circuit went through many changes over the years, resulting in its current layout. The layout featured in the game will include the changes to the Variante Alta chicane made in 2006.

HOTLAPS:

• Henrik Stoldt

2:11.952 henY #6

second lap with the mini - default setup

EDIT:2:11.622 henY #6

Those penalty rules are very annoying :(. I added my best splits together and got surprised---> 2:10.6
So I guess Gio is going to be around 2:10.2xx-2:10.4xx :S.

Yeah you need to improve Syltas :p

I'm in the 2:16.7xx region at the moment and can see where I can still improve on that. I'm always really slow compared to you on any track hahaha :)

***UPDATE***

2:16.6xx :p

oh, now 2:16.200 - getting quicker :)

Syltas Grabb said:
My second training ended up with

2:14.372 Syltas Grabb - #25

Now that's much better Syltas ;)

@ Warren, well I know there are strict s&g penalties on this track, so these times are knowing which curbs you can hit safely and I never cut any part of the track. I know it's probably possible to do that but I'm not going to risk it. :)

If you are having probs with the setup of the car, I tried my Brands Hatch setup and it seems to work fine for Imola ;)

• Henrik Stoldt

Well It's possible with cutting as far it's allowed by the game. But the cutting rules for Imola do really suck. In some corners they're very strict, but some chicanes remind me of Magny-Cours :). See for yourself:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%