RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Frank Sutton

Sorry, but I had to drop out last night. Based on what I saw on the field, I would have been running 10x2 laps pretty much by myself (not fun). You guys are really quick. Normally over at iracing, by the end of a weeks event I have a track down enough to at least run mid-pack and have a few folks to race with. That's after about 4 or 6 races on the same track for the week. Jumping in with a group of fast guys for a single race, once a week, is going to be tough. I could practice every night for the next weeks event, I just can't find the time nor discipline to do it by myself, over and over and over again. Not a reflection of you all, but rather how slow I am. Not whining, it just is what it is :)

Well, I flat out failed...

Got a great start and with other mishaps was upto 3rd from 6th, then James went off and I had second just 2 seconds behind first, who then spun giving me 1st which I held for a good 20 minutes before clipping the grass and going sideways into a wall, got back to the pits losing 8 or so seconds, didn't realise that it ADDS to your fuel not tops it up to the amount you specify so ended up with 20l more fuel than I wanted which made a huge difference tried to get back in the action but the fuel just wouldn't let me, eventually went into a wall again losing the rear wing, which in the F3000 is disastrous.

Quali times were high 1.19's, most of the field was 1.21+

• Andrew Evans

hmmmm....

was good fun as ever - but an important lesson learnt, methinks....

got gradually faster as the sessions progressed and i honed my setup... good enough for 8th on the grid... start was excellent and quickly got up to 4th... held onto that for the first 4 or 5 laps until i came under major pressure from nico :).... that resulted in a spin, followed by a dodgy track re-entry (apologies james and neil for that!), and i found myself 10th...

after pootling around for a coupla laps i figured i could chance a quick sip of wine on the straight before fogarty esses... well, i figured wrong....

drinkdrive.jpg

tried to pit - i'd already setup a preset for my planned stop and it was auto-selected with no option to deactivate it... so as i'm trundling down the immensley short pitlane, i'm frantically trying to re-config the options for the damage i'd just sustained... well, apparently, if you reach your pitbox without hitting confirm then the whole stop is cancelled... cheers pit guys... no way i could lap again to re-pit with no rear wing and only one rear tyre... game over...

i wish the whole pitting process was a lot less problematic.... :amen:

catch you guys are the next one!

• Andrew Evans

yea, man... hang in there next time and see what happens... qually pace and race pace are so different anyways... and everyone makes mistakes....

LOL @ Andrew's post :pound:

Qualy: 3rd on the grid with a PB of a 1:20:1xx

Race: Got a good start and made up a pace before turn one - i expected Nico to leave some room, but he ran very wide allowing me to take the lead as we entered the Craner curves. From then on i made a few mistakes which caused me to drop back to 4th place - about 10 seconds behind Nico. Nico and the others in front started to pull away so i knew i would have to try and get the race back in the pits. I decided to stay out until about 22 mins to go and by this time most other people had pitted which meant i had inherited the lead. I did a few quick laps before i came in and pitted for 35L of fuel and 4 tyres. This gave me a light car that had loads more grip in the corners which meant that when i came out of the pits right behind Nico and Thierry i was able to pass them after a few laps. This again put me back into the lead and i started to pull away each lap. Got my quickest lap to around 1:20:8xx and tried to keep the pace up to make sure i had a decent lead. Nearly lost it all when i ran wide coming out of coppice, but i got back on the track and then just kept the gap back to Thierry in 2nd place. Crossed the line in 1st with a lead of around 6 seconds :)

Nico, just to clear up my comment about "playing with me". I did not mean that in a bad way, I was meaning that maybe you were taking it easy on me and not pushing as hard, being kind to me. :) I really enjoyed running with you, I normally only see you way out front.

No need to explain Warren. I know you didn't mean it bad. I just wantet to emphasize that I am always respectful. (Not sure if I found the right words in English.) Everything's alright - see you soon.

hmmmm....

was good fun as ever - but an important lesson learnt, methinks....

got gradually faster as the sessions progressed and i honed my setup... good enough for 8th on the grid... start was excellent and quickly got up to 4th... held onto that for the first 4 or 5 laps until i came under major pressure from nico :).... that resulted in a spin, followed by a dodgy track re-entry (apologies james and neil for that!), and i found myself 10th...

after pootling around for a coupla laps i figured i could chance a quick sip of wine on the straight before fogarty esses... well, i figured wrong....

tried to pit - i'd already setup a preset for my planned stop and it was auto-selected with no option to deactivate it... so as i'm trundling down the immensley short pitlane, i'm frantically trying to re-config the options for the damage i'd just sustained... well, apparently, if you reach your pitbox without hitting confirm then the whole stop is cancelled... cheers pit guys... no way i could lap again to re-pit with no rear wing and only one rear tyre... game over...

i wish the whole pitting process was a lot less problematic.... :amen:

catch you guys are the next one!

Thanks for posting one of many aspects of drink n drive and its consequences.

Me goes :focus:

I think my adrenaline still is boiling hot. This race was frankly some friggin fast and furiously fun to be in. In my book you guys are now marked out as being solid hardcore :p Especially of course the fastest top three (grats James on the win) but really all of you!
40-45 (can't remember now) laps of intense F3k racing at Donington together with alert and attentive drivers using inside of the heads! There's something for a simracer to remember when times are worse :):amen:

Long live :thumb:RaceDepartment.com!

lol Andrew :pound:drink and drive, not so good idea :pound: maybe it work during the pit stop :D

Practice:
Joined the server 1h befor offical start to practice and made setup as I never drove this place before. :rolleyes:

Qualy:
Had a good lap, think it was around 1:20:900 p5

Race:
Had a good start from p5 and get on p4 but then to close the car infront and into the green, lol. Then the first 30min until my pit stop was horrific :doh:. Mistake after mistake:rolleyes:. Was totaly away from my pace. Was I think min 7times off the track, in green, in gravel and spun(to agressive with throttle), lol. Feld back to p8. But then after my pitstop I feeld right with my car and the track :thumb:. Was then able to drive consistant lap times. At the end then Neil went late for his pit stop and came 6sec out infront of me. Then I cought up, pushed hard. Then nice fight :thumb: all fair. The last 4min then I was able to overtake him :D. Finaly p4 for me 50sec behind p3, lol. Nice job there from the podium guys :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back