RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Salright, I think you must have had AutoPit on. I believe that Autopit on Custom courses has some issues due to it not having a good AI path for the pitlane. I could be wrong though I had that issue a couple times throughout my practices and that's the only thing I can come up with

You are right - automatic pit stop is bad in Spa (I read somewhere). I don't know for other custom tracks.

Regarding my races:

I put in max. fuel to add a little difficulty and I had to learn that it hurt me quite badly. I got a very unstable car near the exit of Eau Rouge (this bump is bugging me soo much in the beamer). Up to now I only did Spa in Time Attack mode (it was a RD event over the whole weekend) and was not used to a heavier car. I consequence I made a couple of (little) mistakes because I took breaking points and entries to turns too late. After 5 laps the car startet understeering very much in addition. Nevertheless, I kept that also for R2 and handled it a bit better there.

In R1 I followed Warren most of the time in 2nd place loosing ground at Eau Rouge and coming closer during the rest of the lap - just to start that over ... - but messed it up completely last lap in Eau Rouge - finished 4th. Sorry Yves for the slow down in L2. I got a little sideways and went out to the runoff area. I did not want to take advantage of that so I stayed behind Warren along the straight. (just a side note: I did not want to play with anyone - that would not be nice)

Made up some positions starting from 6th during the first laps of R2 but was not able to close up to Gary who pulled away - finished 2nd.

Thx all for the nice Race and of course RD for setting this up!
Nico

First off, great races everyone - lots of close racing and position changes. R1 went reasonably well - qual'd P6 and stayed there for the first lap or so, and then the leaders started dropping like flies :o Dust clouds filled the air and I found myself in P3 for a few laps - only to have my tires start to fade on me around lap 5 or 6, at which time 2 of the fallen leaders promptly put me back in my place in P5 - where I stayed for the remainder of the race.

R2 I started P4 and was just uncomfortable with the car for some reason. The first 2 laps the ol' Honda felt like I drove through an oil slick (I was starting to fall asleep, maybe that had something to do with it :) ) Anywho, after I managed to go off-roading in Les Combes on both lap 1 & 2, I was mired in last place - about 10 sec. behind any sign of life. Eventually was stuck in P7 for most of the race chasing down Steve (yes, I saw you chasing me down Andrew :) ) The last couple laps I was gaining on Steve, and everytime I would get the gap under 2 sec. I would drop a wheel (damn tires!) and fall back to 4 sec. On lap 10 I saw the giant dust clound in front of me and accepted the P6 gift Steve so graciously handed me (although I honestly almost lost it at Bus Stop as I went into a full drift under braking trying to be "cautious" :wink:)

All in all, great races and looking forward to next week!

First off, great races everyone - lots of close racing and position changes. R1 went reasonably well - qual'd P6 and stayed there for the first lap or so, and then the leaders started dropping like flies :o Dust clouds filled the air and I found myself in P3 for a few laps - only to have my tires start to fade on me around lap 5 or 6, at which time 2 of the fallen leaders promptly put me back in my place in P5 - where I stayed for the remainder of the race.

R2 I started P4 and was just uncomfortable with the car for some reason. The first 2 laps the ol' Honda felt like I drove through an oil slick (I was starting to fall asleep, maybe that had something to do with it :) ) Anywho, after I managed to go off-roading in Les Combes on both lap 1 & 2, I was mired in last place - about 10 sec. behind any sign of life. Eventually was stuck in P7 for most of the race chasing down Steve (yes, I saw you chasing me down Andrew :) ) The last couple laps I was gaining on Steve, and everytime I would get the gap under 2 sec. I would drop a wheel (damn tires!) and fall back to 4 sec. On lap 10 I saw the giant dust clound in front of me and accepted the P6 gift Steve so graciously handed me (although I honestly almost lost it at Bus Stop as I went into a full drift under braking trying to be "cautious" :wink:)

All in all, great races and looking forward to next week!

Anything I can do to be of help...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline