RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

ok that wasn't my night :pound: qualif 3th which was good since i only had 2 hours of practice on the circuit.

race 1 had a good start and was second at the beginning of eau rouge and was able to keep up with the leader ( sorry doesn't remember his name :rolleyes: ) at the beginning of the second lap at the top of eau rouge the leader went a little sideway and i changed my race line to make sure not to hit him and by doing that i lost the rear and spun and got hit several times ( not your fault guy's ) and that ended up my race with a damage suspension and 2 punctures :amen:

race 2 i decided that i was gonna take it easy and did that for the first 3 laps but again at eau rouge on the 4th laps i lost it again and totally crashed the car which ended my racing for the night :pound:

but i,ll catch you guy's at the next race :p

Wow, guess who had a ball in these races. :becky:

First time for me in the chevy at Spa but I really loved it, seemed fast but as I demonstrated, a little slippery in the rear end. :evil:
Qualified P2 behind our resident Alien Nico, but was also surrounded by Beemers, so I knew what was coming off the start.

Race 1. Actually only got blasted by one Beemer and held P3, and hooked in behind Yves for the opening lap. Unfortunately, Eau Rouge lap 2 brought the usual drama, and not real sure what happened. Yves got it sideways and Nico seemed to slow as well, but I was full throttle and any braking was going to be very hazardous at that notorious spot. I did as Gary has reported, and picked the inside gap, but Yves slid that way too and I tagged him. Very sorry Yves but not sure if I could have done much better. I slowed along the straight to wait but Nico was slowing too so I wasn't sure what to do, also noticed that Yves was done for anyway :rip: . Eventually resumed racing but lost some concentration, not to mention the Chevy rear end, allowing Gary to slip past. He returned the favour a little later leaving Nico and I to battle it out. I couldn't believe that I could stay with Nico (maybe he was playing with me) for so many laps. Nico made a couple of tiny mistakes (or again let me through?) giving me the lead.
I drove the wheels off the Chevy but was amazed how well the tyres were holding up, even improving as the race went on, and eventually pulled away to win. Must be a blue moon tonight. :D

Race 2. This was another great race. Coming from behind (P9 after the start) and having some great scraps to slowly work forward (helped by some grass cutting and sand mineing up front). Over the last 4 laps I had a brilliant battle with Marcel, swapping places, paint, nervous looks, both on the ultimate edge, but no accidents. Top stuff. I eventually sneaked home for P3.

Thanks to our North American friends for some excellent racing. Good track selection too. I'll certainly be looking for more action with you guys. :thumb::thumb:

• Edward Leake

mininight.jpg

Class: Mini Cooper Cooper S
Track: Spa Francorchamps
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:30 GMT
Race: 20:00 GMT (1 x 60 minutes)
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT EURO
Password: click here
Weather: Changeable​

Cutting Notice
Please use the curbs only at bus stop, no 'jumping' the grass.

1. Edward Leake
  2. Gary Pullen [Skin]
  3. Neil Gault
  4. Chris Noble
  5. Laurance Lemon
  6. Lee Downham [Skin]
  7. Marcel vd Aa
  8. Michael Herrmann
  9. Truls Flatland
  10. Pierre Lundberg
  11. Karoly Kajdy
  12. Grant Powell [Skin]
  13. Sebastien Bortoli [Skin]
  14. David Lemon
  15. Yassen Pavlov
  16. Grégory Cogotti [Skin]
  17. Victor Shaw
  18. Yassen Pavlov
  19. Simon Bacon
  20. Andreas Löffler [Skin]
  21. Nigel Atkins [Skin]
  22. James Capper
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Reserves:

*Hangs head*

Well lets see I had a blast throughout the entire event and if this is what all RD events are like I can't wait to have another one, unfortunate that I need to wait a week but since I can't set aside a multitude of hours that often I will have to wait.

As for the races themselves well.

R-1: Qualified P12 back of the pack as I expected I really couldn't get the feel of the car what with all of 3 hours practice and this being only my second week really playing this game. Came around and was actually surprised that I was doing a fair job of staying on the pace then I forgot myself on Bus stop and took the corner just slightly to hot and blew into the wall to cause myself a suspension problem, Then missed the turn off to get into the pits anyway. Ran a lap with the bad suspension and deiceded that I couldn't deal with it so I came into the pits and was worried as I had someone stopped in the pit road there, was worried that I had done something wrong. lost time there. fixed the suspension and was back on course. At that point being a lap down meant I probably wasn't going to do much catching up and was blue flagged to allow those around me past anyway. Final Lap for the leaders I ended up losing it on Eau rouge as well and took a run sideways into the tyres and apparently killed my suspension again. DNF.

R-2: Yeah me being dumb again. ESCpd off the grid. End of night.

But overall I love the events and will be participating anytime I can.

Congrats to Gary and Warren for their wins and also to the podium guys.:thumb:

It was my first attempt in the BMW and found it's a really different animal than the fwd. Fun to drive, but requires a very delicate touch accelerating out of turns and also when on the curbs.

Race 1 ended at the top of eau rouge on lap 2 when I speared Yves. Not sure how he got sideway as I was back quite a ways. The smoke effects seem to have improved because I couldn't really see Yves' car, but I could see the cloud of smoke. Using the general rule to aim where the car is now because it won't be there when you get there didn't work this time. Not sure if he came to a stop or I aimed at the wrong part of the smoke cloud, but it came to a bad end for both of us when I t-boned him. Should have gone more to the inside I guess.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with pit stops here, because I limped around to the pits and when I confirmed my repair options the car stopped in the middle of pit lane and I had to hit the escape key.

Race 2 was better and I chased Gaynall for quite a bit of the race. The problem was that every time I would pull close I would make a mistake and drop back. Just haven't figured out where the limit is for the bmw quite yet. On lap 10 I lost the rear end of the car and went off track resulting in suspension damge finishing my race. Not sure if I was starting to get cocky or the tires were going off, but accelerating out of corners with these bmw's turns out to be tricky.

First time I've not finished a race and didn't finish either of them. But, it's also the first time for bmw...

It was fun guys. See you the next time!:)

Sign me up too please!!! :becky:

I will again be "wearing" my Bear Skin
... so you can flash to say hello as you pass me doing my "mobile chicane" impersonation :rolleyes:

Might be a bit late for practise, or even have to come in at start of quali as long as that is OK ... but pls don't write me off before then unless I post otherwise. :wink:

And Spa ... gotta rain this week :amen:

*Hangs head*

Well lets see I had a blast throughout the entire event and if this is what all RD events are like I can't wait to have another one, unfortunate that I need to wait a week but since I can't set aside a multitude of hours that often I will have to wait.

As for the races themselves well.

R-1: Qualified P12 back of the pack as I expected I really couldn't get the feel of the car what with all of 3 hours practice and this being only my second week really playing this game. Came around and was actually surprised that I was doing a fair job of staying on the pace then I forgot myself on Bus stop and took the corner just slightly to hot and blew into the wall to cause myself a suspension problem, Then missed the turn off to get into the pits anyway. Ran a lap with the bad suspension and deiceded that I couldn't deal with it so I came into the pits and was worried as I had someone stopped in the pit road there, was worried that I had done something wrong. lost time there. fixed the suspension and was back on course. At that point being a lap down meant I probably wasn't going to do much catching up and was blue flagged to allow those around me past anyway. Final Lap for the leaders I ended up losing it on Eau rouge as well and took a run sideways into the tyres and apparently killed my suspension again. DNF.

R-2: Yeah me being dumb again. ESCpd off the grid. End of night.

But overall I love the events and will be participating anytime I can.

Hi Chris,

That was me blocking pit lane.:redface: When I selected my repair options the car just stopped in the middle of pit lane and it took me a while to figure out that my only option at that point was to hit the escape key. Sorry...

Salright, I think you must have had AutoPit on. I believe that Autopit on Custom courses has some issues due to it not having a good AI path for the pitlane. I could be wrong though I had that issue a couple times throughout my practices and that's the only thing I can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%