MINI Cooper Challenge: Round 1 Interlagos (Video)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yesterday night the first round of the RD MINI Cooper Challenge was held at the Interlagos circuit in Brazil. Thirty-nine drivers were present for a double race format where race two had a RaceDepartment scoop with a 100% full reversed grid. The best drivers of race 1 starting all the way at the back of the pack. Action guaranteed!

Our special thanks goes out to James Kirk and Liam Jenkins for providing the commentary and to all the viewers that were present during the live transmission. See you in two weeks when the series continue at Curitiba.

For more information about this championship check out the forums and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

Great racing and thanks to Bram for giving up his racing spot to work the camera's.

As you can probably tell from the first race I still had in my head 25mins +1 lap. I thought I had out smarted everyone at the end with the +1 lap.

As you can probably tell from the first race I still had in my head 25mins +1 lap. I thought I had out smarted everyone at the end with the +1 lap.

I saw the chequered flag in the top left corner after 25 mins was up when i crossed the line, so I was fairly sure that the race was over. But I must admit when you came storming passed I was questioning my judgement and if I ever saw the flag at all! Although I felt a lot better when I flicked over the the positions display and it was locked in the order we crossed the line.

Also Dan, forgot to mention in the race thread, congrats for your podium in race two it was a stunning drive!

Great stuff. I went back through the replay and watched Dan making his run through the field, great to watch. Especially after having an off early on, I reckon a win wouldn't have been too far fetched had that not happened.

Also love how surprised James was that I was in the top 10, I shared his shock.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%