MINI Cooper Challenge: 2.4 Hours Nürburgring Edition

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Sitting on the grid. Your heart is pumping, your mouth is dry. You know you can’t beat the Nordschleife, the Nordschleife always wins. You must simply aim to be the last man standing, to survive 144 minutes of “Green Hell”. A selection of the most feared corners in world motorsport await you, and if that isn't difficult enough, half of the race will take place in pitch black conditions.

You are competing with 59 turbocharged Mini’s, each boasting 211 brake horsepower. This is racing free of discrepancies in performance and setup. Only tire pressures and rear wing settings can be adjusted. The deciding factor is nothing more than raw driving skill. This is motorsport in its purest form, without politics and complicated regulations.

The Red lights shine. A full grid totalling 12,000 horsepower prepares to be unleashed onto the most demanding and unforgiving circuit in the world. Your eyes are firmly fixed on the lights, you are ready to react. Hundreds watch the live broadcast, recognizing the pressure on you and every participating driver. The commentators hold their breath, awaiting an intense race full of drama and emotion. The Green light signals the beginning of one of the most anticipated events in Race Department history. The best drivers in sim racing weave left and right, relentlessly pursuing any overtaking opportunity that presents itself.

Immense courage is required as you throw your Mini over the crest at “Flugplatz”, with full commitment to the double right turn essential to avoid being attacked on the exit. The car squirms under brakes at the “Aremberg” hairpin. Miss the braking point here and your race could be over. The tricky downhill section to the bridge at Breidscheid can end your race in an instant, while the subtle bends in the Kesselchen uphill straight are difficult enough without the company of 59 swarming Mini Cooper’s. You will be attacked into Steilstrecke, with an errant move here causing serious damage. The Karussell awaits. You throw your Mini onto the steeply banked concrete surface, holding your breath and hoping it doesn't spit you out into the wall. If you somehow hold it together for the first lap, you have survived the first 9 minutes of the race…Only 135 more to go.

Think you can conquer the night? If you want to get involved, be sure to keep an eye on the Game Stock Car 2012 Forums for further information regarding how to enter. We encourage Mini Cooper Challenge veterans from Season 6 to enter, as well as any new and enthusiastic drivers wanting to give it a try!
View the Post on the Blog

what about driving at night ???? headlights are missing on the MINI. Is there a way to install some:?
This single day event will make use of a custom build mod that lets you drive your MINI during the pitch-black darkness around the legendary Nürnburgring 24 hour layout and will probably feature a 2.4 hours race for 60 (sixty!) drivers that have entered as a two person team.

Well seeing as i seemed to have survived 21st December deadline :whistling:, i will be there for sure....even if i have to pee in my pants...:) (I may use my age as an excuse)...weak bladder...ailing kidneys...and the dreaded alzheimers disease, which allows me to forget immediately that i have soiled myself and let me concentrate on my driving.:laugh:

More seriously though, i will not miss this one for the world...so please add my name....:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%