RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race guys...

Some remarkable stuff happened during this race. James Yates has a rocket start in the Viper CC overtaking half the field before turn 1 :)

My Vertigo was very slow on the first meters, it felt like a one wheel FWD car or something! After a friendly tap from behind in lap 2 (thanks for waiting Yoeri :D) i had a perfect stable and clean race. In the last corners i had to bring Jeremy Trotin home who blew up his engine...

Great debut race with Evo and bring on more now!! Love it

Woooot, first Euro event for GTR Evolution and I am winning it :)
No guys, seriously, I did not cheat.

2nd Try in this car actually (Gumpert Apollo). Tried it yesterday on the ring, and was very twisty but once mastered, great to drive.
Of course I make no illusions, Sander is about 3 seconds faster in the same car. :)

The slower class drivers (GT Sport/Club) did very well. Almost no difficulties in passing them, very well done to all!

During passing there was one small incident with a slower driver just moved over to the same side I did, I think we touched slightly. Hope I didnt interfere with your race too much.

In the end phase my screen was black for about 8-10 seconds. At that moment I also had 8-10 secs lead. Olivier, driving in 2nd spot, was right behind me when my screen was recovered.
Sorry for being the blocking car on track. After this incident we had a battle for some laps, but in the end I made less mistakes and could extend my lead to 20 secs again.

Thanks for racing, I posted my setup on the forum btw. Have fun in trying and improving it.

I sneaked in server2 after just missing sign up by minutes,the guys there took pity on me and let stay :thumb:.

Hit pole with the majestic Koenig and was going to fuel to finish,and do tyres if i felt i needed them,then i changed my mind and fuelled for 20 laps and hit the grid for a good clean break start and begun my mission of trying to make as big a gap as possible,plan went well and i could pull away lap by lap,getting really dialled in with the car along the way,pitted at lap 18 and done the tyres and thought i done the fuel for another 15 laps worth or so,but i failed to highlight the fuel bar green with the enter key,came out just behind Sam,and gave it a bit of push on the new rubber,Sam went wide and i nipped through the lead,i tried to stay out as long as i could and try and build some kind of gap,but it was a futile effort,Sam pulled about 42 seconds in the lead by the time i was done fuelling up.
Had a blast of a time chasing down the gap to the finish at just under 4 secs,obviously Sam on suffering tyres,but drove the race properly to the finish for a deserved win,Grats m8 :thumb:.
The blue flag guys tonight went over and above the call of duty i felt,too many of you guys compromised your own race worrying about being lapped,warnings for all for overly kind and gentlemenly behaviour ok!? :p.
Many Thanks RD and to all the gents racing tonight.
Evo is growing on me seriously now,this is just what the doctor ordered for a slightly disillusioned FWD WTCC driver...

Yes nice one.. had some very nice and clean fights and got some of the positions back that I lost due to bad start, then I produced two or three of spins in T1 while pushing - but after all I got the beemer home.

Replay performance seems much worse than in Race07 I noticed, but I haven't checked if my graphics settings are the same as in Race07. Made it down to blazing fast 1.5fps depending of the direction to look at (E6750 + 8800GTS) and some texture errors. But only in Replay, not while driving.

sounds like a great race, unfortunatly my dinner was ready about 4 laps in and i had to quit :(.

Can you please think of that a little bit earlier nex time. As requested in the toppost dont sign up if you cant make a full 60 minute race.

These events are populair to join, and if you cant stay longer then 4 laps it might be better to just drop in a normal race night next time...

Sorry for being a bit rude in my tone, but it was posted up front

Ah great game, I want more...

As usual I was a disaster out there. I did not manage to get a hold of the car and in the final minutes of qualy I hit Tim Hogendoorn pretty bad. My sincere apologies mate.

Anyway about 5minutes in to the race all was going well, when my phone rang in my pocket and I slammed with 220kph into a concrete wall. Not a very pleasant experience. I'll remember to turn it off next time.

When's the next race :p

Hi,

I somehow manage to beach the car on the grass :rant: so I had to quit to the pits.

I was looking forward to racing Yassen, but he crashed/quitted, hopefully I will get another chance
I think I was the slowest car on the track, but don't think it helped with have a joypad, so I am looking at getting a steering wheel soon, I hope

Had a great time up until Lap 10. Made it cautiously round Lap 1 avoiding the mishaps and picking up places. Got blinded a little coming out of the chicane and ended up in the gravel. After a few laps decided to pit early and it all went wrong. Stop n go for speeding, came in a again on Lap 10 and slid gently into the pit wall breaking my suspension. Game over really.
Still very good fun while it lasted, am loving the physics in the game but got to give it a rest now. Got the RDTC65 on Thursday, give my beloved Cortina a run out.:D

Thanks for the race and grats to all for making it a good one.:thumb:

Simon.

• Razvan Pat

This was one of my best races so far, no serious mistake in more than 30 mins. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with pitting and I failed to refuel after two attempts. I had to abandon eventually :(

Thanks everyone for nice, clean racing.

Ramon u bumped me at some point but it didn't affect me at all. Actually I was worried I affected your race because you got me by surprise and I didn't know for how long you were behind me..

I was quite happy starting 7th in a GTsport car, was able to hold a few GTpro's behind :) Start could be better but after lap 1 I was in 4th, managed to avoid the mess in 1st corner.
After 35 mins I had to pit, I expected the pitlimiter to turn on automatically, but it didn't.. Made my stop, but had to do a stop&go :(

Next lap I went in for my s&g, well that was what I had in mind, I pressed enter but this way I postponed the s&g and did another pitstop, lol. So next lap I finally did my s&g and after joining the track in 10th I fortunately overtook 2 cars and went up to 8th.

Shame about the 2 extra stops, nontheless good race :)

This was one of my best races so far, no serious mistake in more than 30 mins. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with pitting and I failed to refuel after two attempts. I had to abandon eventually :(

Thanks everyone for nice, clean racing.

Ramon u bumped me at some point but it didn't affect me at all. Actually I was worried I affected your race because you got me by surprise and I didn't know for how long you were behind me..

Cool, no harm done then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline