RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK here is the deal for tonights action.

I was hoping for an even # of drivers at 14 but no joy and thats just fine.

We will run Clio's tonight only.

I was considering a choice event where you ran one car one race then the otehr model the otehr race but thats not fun with 9 guys.

was also going to setup a team concept and allow the MINI's to block the Clios as fair racing! OH well we'll get this going another night!

And Yes Reggie it is almost EXACTLy 2 seconds a lap.

I had lots of fun on these races. Started race 1 from p9 after the start i contineud the race on p8. During the race i had some battles, wich where hard to win. During the battles i also had to defend my spot. In the end i went over the finish on 5th place.

Race 2.

Started from p4 and the chaos could begin!!! I lost 2 spots before the 1st corner, and went out on 7th place. After a crash in front of me i could take 3 spots and saw Ross Balfour in front of me. Ross was driving a very good defensive line and it took me about 10 laps to pass him. The 2nd place was 7 sec in front of me and at the finish the gap was 2,5 seconds... needed three more laps for 2nd position.

Thanks all for this fun race!!

Good fun tonight, just shame my tyres went off so quickly!

Practise - P5

Top 9 were all very tight, did a 1:02:8 and got 5th

Qually - P2

Very surprised at this! Did a pretty good lap, made no mistakes and did a 1:02:531, enough for 2nd. But the top 5 were covered by 0.1 so it was soo close.

Race One - 6th

Got a good start and survived Turn1 in 2nd behind Jesper. A group of 5 pulled away including me, Jesper, Wayne, James and Ariel. I was lapping the same as the people around me until I made an error at Turn 6 and was dropped down to 5th. James made a mistake too so I was right on his tail again until I made another stupid mistake, running wide at the hairpin. I had got my brake bias all wrong so that happened quite a lot. I then had Wesley and Reggie gaining on me, Wesley had far better tyres so could easily pass me and pull away. I then had Reggie on my case and as usual with him we had a great fight. He passed me and I locked up at the hairpin and tapped him wide (sorry!) and I could regain the position. On the last lap he missed his braking point and went off, leaving me a lonely 6th with my front rear tyres at 15% life!!!

Race Two - 4th

Started from 3rd and got a ninja start up to 1st. I then had a massive train of drivers behind me as I wasn't used to having fresh tyres. Reggie, Wayne and James all were very close behind me. Wayne got passed me after a ran a little wide, he then pulled off into the lead. James and Reggie tapped each other giving me a little breathing room. I was on my own for about 5laps until Wesley and Jesper caught me. Jesper got by without a fuss as I didn't want to contest my own teammate who was going far faster! I then had a great fight with Welsye for about 15laps until he got the better of me (great racing mate :thumb:) I then finished a lonely 4th and James, Jakob and Reggie were having their own fight for 5th about 9seconds down the road.

Thanks to Yuri and RD :thumb:

Sign me up please

Skin I will be using, http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=28429

The one in the download is for the French one by default, copy whats below into the .config and the Gulf Clio will show up in the UK selection.

[[[GULF Racing]]]
[[LaChaussette_28]]
[Renault Sport Clio CUP UK 2008]
body=CLIOCLIOLIVERY_GULF.dds
windows=CLIOWINDOW_GULF.dds
driver=
ext_driver=
helmet=
rimcolor=CLIORIMS_GULF.dds
CUSTOMWHEEL=2
Menuflag=France_Menu.tga
Ingameflag=France_Result.tga

Race 1 - Had some nice battles with Skyes, Bass, Kapal and Gardner (who was 3/4 laps down). Overtook Bass towards the end.

Race 2 - Made a mistake trying to take Bass, spent the rest of the race chasing down Gardner. He made a mistake which allowed me past. Had a good couple of fights down into the hairpin with him but he went off when the leader came by, i didn't go off by the way.

It's a shame that i didn't have better pace and that i was stuck down the back of the grid but the racing i had was clean, only the opening laps were a bit too chaotic for my liking but that may be down to the tight nature of the track.

Thank you Yuri, RD and all participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%