RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, not a good night's racing for me! Firstly, i must apologise to Piotrek or Peter (one of the LAda's) because at T1 i tapped you around. I wasn;t trying to overtake or be aggressive in any way, i was merely caught out by your speed heading through the turn. (I'm quite cautious T1, Lap 1 too) Had some battles through the race with Freddie & Bob and a few others but finished 11th.
The start of Race 2 was a case of dodging the fallout from various incidents, especially a monster where Bob Hutchins got T-boned! (it was a honda anyway) Had a couple of nice battles throughout but finished way down again after losing out in lap one.
There was a lot of cutting going on, mostly everyone was doing it from what i saw, but i think it's difficult to police at a track such as valencia.

Nice nearly full grid tonight but it still seems some people haven't or can't read the RD rule book, ummm.

Anyways, didn't bother to quali so started at the back with me old mucker Bob M, aka Lesbos. Got away well & had to pass Freddie on the inside as his start wasn't that good. Going into T1 and all I saw where cars going everywhere so picked my line and hoped for the best. Got through that without any hits, few, & was upto 11th. Got through the next few corners and at T8 made a fatal judgement & missed the guy in front braking and duly punted him up the backside. Really sorry for that Janos as you caught me out braking that early. Anyways, made my apologies and took to the track after Janos, as we do here at RD. Rest of the race was me trying to get back upto the pack ahead of me and slowly took some of them before the end of the race.

Race 2 & starting from 12th, again had a good start but was mindfull of T1 after the first race. At T2 I got taken out & now in last place. That person didn't even apologise or stop! Again I got going and thought about getting back upto the pack ahead. As the race progressed I managed to catch a few & pass them & then came across Peter in his Lada. I had a nice little battle with Peter until the last lap when I screwed up my braking, worn tyres is my excuse, & that let Peter back passed. Nice driving mate.

Thanks to Bram, RD to all those that showed up and raced within the rules, welldone shipmates.

Well, I arrived home from work shortly before the event. i could barely hold my head. Then i looked at racedepartment: "Oh c*ck, race soon. I should give it a try!"
Although I finished in the backpack both races, I really enjoyed the event.
Race 1: took the T1 mayhem to my advantage, moved up 6-7 positions, then an accident happened as Robert described. I was a bit careful, braked early. All I saw in the mirror was a fastly coming H logo. Thanks for waiting for me, real gentlemans race was tonight (from my point of view). After this incident I just couldnt find the rythim. lost rear grip too many times, smoked the tires to the second half.
Race 2: the first half was awsome, I battled with two Chevys, Freddie and Ross. This made me forgot the bad first race. Great close racing, position defending. This ended when I tried to overtake Freddie in the last corner. He understeered heavily, so I went on the inside. It was ok till the end of the corner we were side by side, I didn't expected him to recover from understeer, but then he suddenly regained front grip and we banged together. I got a very big hit on my front, instantly loosing control. Freddie went on like nothing happened, his car remained stable. I think this could have been a lag. Anyway that first half was awesome. Thanks Freddie and Ross...:cool:

hi Guys,

Great racing tonight but man them BMWs are fast 40.470 pole. I did 40.8 then computer crashed, restarted and just made end of Quaily, did another 40.8 (my best ever) and Q 3.

Race1:

Good start into second was faster then BMW Xaxier i think and pass mid first lap, we did touch and BMW spun i am sorry about this and have to say it was only a small touch side to side under braking into middle hairpin. Won race but tyres were bad at end.

Race2:

Started 8th, up to 4th-5th start of first lap then volvo half spun turn 4 causing cars everywere so back to 7th. Worked way back up to 4 th by mid race, car not as good as first race but still did 41,7. Car good last third of race passing 2nd and 3rd with a few laps to go ( they were having a great race and i jusy got pass)lol BMW spun on last lap and i nearly got him if only another lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all in all, first night win on RD, thanks to Bram etc for all the work.

Cheers Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years