EU Mini Challenge @ Thruxton - Friday 05 January 2018

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Nickl561

Nickl561

Ratings:
    +69
    me please if its not too late

2. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Ok, thanks for letting us know

3. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Doh !! Ninjad by alex :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    HELP.My game was freez when i write a password.Any ideas?? THX

5. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Restart your game & maybe turn graphics down

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    I lost my internet connection a moment ago. Seems like an ISP issue, so there's not much I can do besides wait and hope it gets resolved before the race. But obviously I might not make it in time :(

7. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019
    You're in mate :thumbsup:

8. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Ok mate, hope you get on :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. dmatika

dmatika
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    sorry guys for late notice, but I am out. Sorry

10. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    I turn down my graphic settings but still nothing :(

11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Yes, of course, NOW they fix it :(

12. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +920
    just finnished race 1 can still join 2nd

13. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    Ok I fix my problem.I must reinstall the track :). I join the server few second before we start first race and first race is a practice race :D.In second race I have a few nice clean battles , but cut chicanes 6 times I must go to pit lane :D.THX for race and good night

14. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    Race 1: Had a total nightmare. Was messing around with my controller settings today, so somehow AM had defaulted 'neutral' to a button on my xbox 360 pad, so when i overshot my grid box i couldn't reverse back. When i fumbled around for a button i eventually got it, but then couldn't get it back into 1st gear, no doubt causing chaos behind. Many apologies to anyone affected. When i eventually got going i ended up going off-track avoiding spinning cars and this lost me a lap for some reason, so i spent the rest of the race battling bkue flags!!

Race 2: Crazy start - i checked the replay to see who it was that speared across the track into the pack (proper touring car style!) but i noticed so i lost the back end slightly heading into the complex and made side by side contact with the car of @Piotrek Blaszczak .The contact caused him to go off-track, but i hadn't seen this at the time otherwise i'd have waited. I thought it was just a bit of rubbing, so i'm very sorry:(
    Had a few nice battles later on which made up for the disappointment of race 1. Looking forward to more MIni racing in the future.

Cheers all

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,876
    Either I had a car that wasn't worth driving or I just couldn't find a stable consistent drive around the track today. I did expect everything that the car did, there was no indication that I could say I had it under control. Somehow I feel that I was not all alone in that.

Other than my self induced slides off track and the schlamozles that I was unfortunate to be a part of it was all good. I got to race today and I had not expected that!

• Like Like x 1
  16. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    Well my first RD race in AMS was a blast, thanks to everyone!

@Manuel Alves really sorry for rear ending you in the first race, I run with ABS off and you braked just a little earlier than I was expecting and I rear ended you quite hard! I had serious vibrations and funky handling after that incident but managed a top 10 finish.

Race two was amazing, missed the formation lap so started from the pit lane in 19th place, managed to finish 4th and grab fastest lap so I'm happy with that!

Looking forward to racing with you all again in AMS.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Crashhard Banger

Crashhard Banger

Ratings:
    +159
    Thx all for the races :thumbsup:. These Minis are a hoot. Got spun out at the start of both races - but had fun fighting back up the order. That last chicane was a bugger tho'!

18. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Christened my first race of 2018 with my first ever RD podium (only took 9 bloody months!).

I'll be the first to admit it was every bit down to luck as it was to any sort of ability but I kept it clean and fairly consistent.

Had a nice battle with @Andrew Leach for the majority of Race 1 and lucked out when everyone, bar Pavel upfront, that was faster than me ran into one difficulty or another.

I appreciate they'll be a few frustrated drivers, as luck was generally in short supply due a few issues; both technical and on track. But from the stream it looked like there were plenty of decent wheel to wheel battles. :)

Great to see a mix of new and old faces making an appearence, too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    (Apologies for kinda venting my frustration here yesterday. And yeah, I realized I probably could've joined for the 2nd race, but I decided against it given that my mood was far from ideal.)

20. Andrew Leach

Andrew Leach

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks guys for the fun night racing. Particularly enjoyed the first race, battling with @CMGARAGE whilst avoiding the guys ahead dropping off and getting a decent finishing position. The second race was a bit more frustrating as I developed a hardware issue, and sporadically lost FFB and then developed into losing pedal and shifter inputs for periods of time. Apologies to those who came across me going slower than expected but I didn't want to park it unless absolutely necessary. Hope to see you guys again some time soon, cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.