RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry about the late report, but it became more of a test for me as I was pre-occupied with my TS3 install. It really adds a new dimension to the race, and I was so intent on listening to the entertaining banter that I kind of forgot about my race prep... I also have a few technical problems to iron out as I selected a poor key for the "mike mute" and I was not able to adjust the mixer volume for TS vs game sounds on the fly, anyway, I will work on this for next time.

I grabbed an Aston Martin once the Maserati mod was scrapped and the set-up seemed pretty close to what I had been using on the maserati.

Race 1) started 9th and enjoyed the first few laps while we where still bunched up, however began to fall away, and then had to defend from Dennis and (Jon?) who both seemed pretty hooked up, while my Aston seemed more sluggish on race fuel. Managed to hold on to 9th but could not make much of an impression on Jarrod who was 7 or 8 seconds up the track. I started gaining a bit in the closing laps but I think Jarrod was just managing his race at that point...

Race 2) From 9th again, this time there was more action at the start, Jon P. was hopping all over the place, not sure if that was his connection or those roving bumps Keith had mention earlier, and I was wary of getting too close. Unfortunately we did get together going into the last turn and ended up literally head to head. The car felt strange after that, so I dove into the pits, but there was nothing to fix according to my pit crew, ( same guys who where working for Eric E I think after he fired them) Anyway, just turned it into a drive through and then circulated. I came up on Dennis at one point and was looking forward to some good racing , like we had done earlier in the day during a server test session, but he let me by I think.

Later, ( Lap 13?) the front runners overtook me and it was nice to know we where connected through TS, and receive their "audio acks" as they went by. Unfortunately I was so intent on not holding anyone up that I let John A past by mistake and missed out on my last chance for a bit of a challenge, anyway...that"s racing

Good event Eric, too bad those mods did not work out for us, but I enjoyed the track and hope we see it again.

Mike if I understand right, you are wondering why nothing changes with the right rear. It's because the track is made up of mostly right turns making the right rear hardly doing anything. Also minis as a car can't really build heat in the rear anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%